Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: End of Arena Season 7, 01/05 Hotfixes

Quote Originally Posted by Evee
    yeah yeah yeah, that's great and all...but is there any confirmation yet if the second ICC wing was opened today?
    urgud

Sig by Visenna

Quote Originally Posted by Feanorgandalf
    I am not trying to be an elitist or anything but I love going into an encounter and being challenged by content. Running through heroics grabbing 3-4 groups of trash just to get rage gets old.
    playing the wrong game >_> Who's excited to faceroll the new wing?

Sig by Visenna

Quote Originally Posted by Marvy
    I seem to remember a blue post a while back saying that Naxx was going to be the only and last puggable 25 man raid. Yet they bring out nerfs like these because the exact pugs they don't want in there in the first place, can't kill the boss. Good logic.
    I'm withholding judgement until the rest of the instance is available. Letting pugs kill arthas is different than letting pugs get past the second - second! boss. Let them kill her, get the loot pinata from chess event, err, I mean gunship, and then die screaming on saurfang.
    The Naxx statement isn't really that far off - pugs aren't clearing Ulduar, and most fail on twins or anub in TotC (though I barely count that as a 25man raid, I mean really).

I welcome the Occ changes too - people will say this is due to whining but I'd bet its because Blizz has numbers showing how many people /leaveparty at the start. This is how Blizz fixes these kind of behavior problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuk
    Uh, nerfs...

So, the last and the most difficult Wotlk raid instance should be easily cleared by a pug, ye?
    Normal mode?

Yes. Absolutely yes.

If you want to be an elitist, you've got your hard modes to lord over other people with.

Quote Originally Posted by balatro
    As a holy paladin in all 258+ gear I really came to appreciate that heroic b/c even when running it with guildmates it caused us to pay attention (esp. with the movement bug that caused rogues to step behind the tank and lay some pain).
    You mean it's version of Shadowstep? 7000 shadow damage + possible curse increase, and the subsequent melee attacks unless the tank turns around. Not really a bug since that's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Relion
    You mean it's version of Shadowstep? 7000 shadow damage + possible curse increase, and the subsequent melee attacks unless the tank turns around. Not really a bug since that's the point.
    Yes I know the rogues have a version of SS which is fine of course but there was also a known bug that caused mobs of any type, regardless of abilities to sometimes step behind the tank for no reason and then attack. GC has confirmed this bug (I haven't read if it was fixed yet) and even joked that it was merely improved AI.

Mistake on my end to refer to the bug and use rogues as an example who do have a Shadowstep ability.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Evee
    yeah yeah yeah, that's great and all...but is there any confirmation yet if the second ICC wing was opened today?
    /facepalm
    Seriously?

The IN GAME TEXT said 'in 28 days the next gate will open'. Guess what... that was 4 weeks ago. 4 weeks x 7 days = omg28days!

Yes I know the rogues have a version of SS which is fine of course but there was also a known bug that caused mobs of any type, regardless of abilities to sometimes step behind the tank for no reason and then attack. GC has confirmed this bug (I haven't read if it was fixed yet) and even joked that it was merely improved AI.

Mistake on my end to refer to the bug and use rogues as an example who do have a Shadowstep ability.
    That's usually when the tank never stands still and just tries to get them infront of him... as a tank, healer and dps I've experienced and seen it first and second hand, quite annoying but it's doable to work around.

are the new season armor model out already?
    WoW free since 8/10/09
    well i got stuck homesick with nothing to do pretty much and... for the sixth time, i started playing again.

I'm glad/disheartened to see the HoR changes.

As a holy paladin in all 258+ gear I really came to appreciate that heroic b/c even when running it with guildmates it caused us to pay attention (esp. with the movement bug that caused rogues to step behind the tank and lay some pain).

However in this day and age Blizzard has made cc (by and large) a thing of the past. HoR fortunately when first released required most groups to resort going back to using cc, which a lot of players forgot their class had such abilities. All too often as a healer in a HoR pug and I've seen the tank suffering from being able to pick up all of the adds and asked dps to cc some of the mobs only to be replied back with "Huh?", "It lowers my dps", "lawl"

HoR is just one of those instances that require all 5 people to work together, as should be the case. However more often than not someone wants to march to the beat of their own drum and aoe around cc'ed mobs, hunters who shoot their trapped targets, blow trinkets/CDs on a mob of a pack of 5 that isn't even the marked kill target, steal aggro, die, and then blame the tank for being bad.

Oh well, preaching to the choir I'm sure. In short, I'm glad to see the changes for when I pug heroics (which is a daily event) but sad that they aren't enforcing the idea that players need to work together to accomplish tasks. Then again, I guess that's why we have raids.
    The concept of HoR would have been fine as it was before the random system went into play. Moderate CC turned heroic into a challenge but doable for most groups. Good CC turned it into a snooze. I've done HoR with 3 hunters in a guild run and it was quite possibly the most boring way to do it. We were laughing at how much an effect 3 traps had at the difficulty of the instance and the fact that the traps caused hunters to proc LnL which melted the 1 - 2 free mobs in seconds.

Why is HoR bad in randoms? Well beyond people failing to CC when they can you also ended up in groups without any CC at all. Had a group with me (DK Tank), shaman, rogue, warrior, and a second DK. It was unplesant when our best CC was chains of ice. I'm not saying that HoR is undoable without CC but the difficulty goes far above what most random groups can handle.

When I do HHoR with guildmates I specifically seek out a hunter, priest, or paladin for the group.

i find it sad that they are nerfing lady deathwhisper.
    my mediocre raiding guild got her down after 3h of work on patchday on 25.
    tanking the adds was challenging and one could see the difference in tanking skills the single tanks had but this made the encounter fun.
    i think it had about the right difficulty.

but even if they nerf it.
    there are 3 more quarters to come.
    i am looking forward seeing that difficulty. and after that Hardmodes.
    we'll see about that.

19 january is 14 days / 2 week from 5 january on which the second wing is unlocked, so i guess the third wing will come on 19 january aswell

nerfs weren't needed but should help a little with the ocassional wipe (note i'm not a hardcore elitist realmfirst all hardmode clearing guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Arandmoor
    Normal mode?

Yes. Absolutely yes.

If you want to be an elitist, you've got your hard modes to lord over other people with.
    Time will tell if they're actually difficult this time around. (I'm thinking no.)

Pointless Lady Deathwisper nerfs are pointless.

The encounter was fine, it required moderate organization and dps / tanks to be somewhat awake. Why are they nerfing encounters when there aren’t hard modes available? Everyone is 4/4 ICC now it's not like she is holding back a large number of raiders.

Oh well I guess we can expect DBS nerfs next week. And to think I was hoping ICC wouldn't be ToC V2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    mongoloid?! wtf is that, you sound like a festeezio(see i can make up words too)

Are there any streams to watch? Wanna see the new bosses

I'm glad/disheartened to see the HoR changes.

actually that's not a bug, it's http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=72327

Deleted

Ghostcrawler presents: Real specs of genius.
    (Good for tanking and getting rank 1 in arena!)

Today we salute you, mister protection specced arena guy.
    (Mister protection specced areee-heena guy!)

In just a few weeks time, you'll be getting your hard-earned title: Gladiator or even Relentless Gladiator!
    (You're totally awesome and an inspiration to all!)

Whether you've ran with surv/marks hunter or arms warrior + healer or some other comp, it is not the comp nor spec that got you to your stellar ratings, but pure skill.
    (Who cares about jukes when you have blanket silenceee-hees!)

Other people of lesser specs run with 1000+ resi but you've proven that even in a world of burst it's possible to occasionally neglect resilience and just instagib people.
    (Wear that arp gemmed pve gear like you meeee-heean it!)

So crack open a nice cold can of WotLK and keep killing people in stuns/silences better than a rogue, you've earned it!
    (Mister protection specced arena guy!)

TL;DR:

LOL @ blizz and their nerfs to pretty easy content. srs why nerf HOR? thats just lawl for the failbabies!

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    actually that's not a bug, it's http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=72327
    I already addressed that I know rogues have a SS ability in HoR. I also commented that it was a mistake on my part to use them as the example to the bug I was referring to.

The bug I'm talking about is mentioned here http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...3429&sid=1#133

Quote Originally Posted by Thomp Gun
    LOL @ blizz and their nerfs to pretty easy content. srs why nerf HOR? thats just lawl for the failbabies!
    So you and your group is going in there with all ilvl 219/232 gear? (mostly ilvl 219) and clearing it?

I agree I love the place, but we our gear it quite easily, and its still requires at least a little bit of paying attention.

To do the place with a gear appropriate tank/heals and dps would be considerable difficult, especially getting 2 of the mentioned classes in the 5 packs. That being said I do hope that they don't nerf it to hard.