Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Are you trying to bribe me blizzard? (Occulus)

Quote Originally Posted by john879
    Occ is not hard it is just boring as hell.
    Do i need to buy you a giant malled with the words "DONT DO IT!" engraved in it to hit you over the head with? I will! Maybe then the message will sink in.

10+ Year Old Account

What annoys me is that Blizzard is indeed bribing us to do Oculus. Why can't Blizz accept a reasonable big part of the WoW players simply doesn't *want* to do Oculus, for whatever reason they may have.

Oculus isn't hard. It wasn't hard one (or wait, two) nerfs ago. But, no matter how much more they'll nerf it, it's still annoying and I don't like doing it. Some extra emblems or a tiny chance for a mount to drop isn't gonna make me like Oculus more.

I wonder how much more nerfing Blizzard will do, because honestly I don't think Oculus will become any more popular because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes
    Who cares if you don't like the vehicle system or not? Which heroic is actually fun these days? I've done them all many times. I really hope in Cataclysm there is no heroic daily. They are all boring. None are fun. Oculus takes 13 minutes, hence it is one of the best simply because it's so short.
    Hmm i do? well as long as que are instant for tanks i rather just take a 15 min break and try another heroic /shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by RestoRiven
    [...] I urge everyone else to do the same. Obviously blizzard is keeping tabs on us and trying to bribe us into doing their old stupid content. FIGHT THE POWER!
    hahaha yeah. you are playing the game because YOU DECIDED TO, you even pay blizzard money for that reason. now just quit, you brainless *peeeeep*. i don't get how small brains of some people must have become.. and you really believe in what you said, don't you?! it's... just... no, there are no words for this. people like you just make the world a bit more ugly.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zebraz
    Hmm i do? well as long as que are instant for tanks i rather just take a 15 min break and try another heroic /shrug.
    Another tank with "my queue for random heroics are instant, therefore im more then you" attitude :
    God, how i hate those people

10+ Year Old Account

1) Run Oculus once
    2) Extend lock.
    3) Win

Haven't seen it in Random for 10 days now.

My drake had like 130k health compared to the other guys 80k. Occulus is annoying but only takes about 15 min max now even if you fly around like a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen
    1) Run Oculus once
    2) Extend lock.
    3) Win

Haven't seen it in Random for 10 days now.
    Fail.

That's just plain luck. I envy you!

The Dungeonfinder tool doesn't care too much about instance locks, otherwise it would not be possible to run heroics multiple times a day (by using the tool). I have had the same instance appear up to 5 times on days where I played many heroics.

My guild does the same thing now, when Occulus opens from the random que we just got work on an alt for 15 minutes. We have all done it so many times, but it never really seemed enjoyable. I really think the reason why, is that part of us all that have que'd up for it, in the random finder and you find yourself replacing someone else that has bailed. The players in there have no idea what they are doing and you really don't want to have to explain it to them.
    Those of us that have all experienced this understandably just don't want the headache. Too many people now think that , " OOH I have T9 now I can steamroll over anything." still are just not good players. I will say, I did get all my T9 from the new system though as I stopped playing for almost 4 months and it was nice to be able to get caught back up with many of my friends that kept playing.

It's not personal Blizz, we just find it a hassle instead of enjoyable, there is probably a bit of a pyschological affect also. We have been somewhat programmed now to hate Occulus because of the bad press it always gets in the forums and on the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget
    Fail.

That's just plain luck. I envy you!

The Dungeonfinder tool doesn't care too much about instance locks, otherwise it would not be possible to run heroics multiple times a day (by using the tool). I have had the same instance appear up to 5 times on days where I played many heroics.
    It lowers chance to assigment for that hc if you are saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mordret
    It lowers chance to assigment for that hc if you are saved.
    This is true, it will try to match you with at least all the other heroics at least once, before overriding a save to an allready existing heroic save.

wow, you are like those girl in Super sweet 16, father gave her great sweet pink new car and she cries she wanted black, not pink, then slap father and says fuck you i hate you go to hell.

seriously just quit qqing and play it, who gives a shit if you hate it or not, leave group or not. nobody cares.

Most annoying thing about Oculus? Figuring out where the drake went in my bags so I can use it. That's about it...even the initial whelps being spread out isn't bad, taunt one, Judge another, frisbee - by the time I would go back to the first one, its dead.

The way the drakes scale health and damage now? I'll just say thank you Blizzard for the chance for extra gems for the JC daily, two more emblems to use for I'm not sure what and another shot at the blue drake that I think is just a pure myth. Give me Oculus each time I queue please.

Deleted

Agreed! Id do the occulus every day as random now, since the mount dropchance. Never did mind it before either.

Allso - best way to spend badges is to sell them as crusader orbs, on my server 15 badges = 1 orb = ~150g

too easy to even start to explain it to someone that has never been in there?

The instance is a joke, most people that bail I wouldnt have wanted to run anything with anyway.

You solve my problems thanks.

Deleted

my predictions for oculus:

all bosses will drop frost.
    the bag will contain 5 emblems of frost, a chance at a random 310% mount, 3 primordial saronite and 5 epic gems.
    all mobs will have halved HP.
    the final boss will no longer go immune and summon those orbs.
    all drops are itemlevel 264.

AND STILL PEOPLE WON'T RUN IT!!!

i actually pressed the check for oculus on specifik dungeon today just to see how much nerfed it was

you basically only have to kill 1 dragon in the air after first boss is dead, thats how many dragons they removed and nerfed their aggro range, the final boss only enraged once, ONCE, its a complete joke, the orbs are twice as slow as before and last half the time, its a complete fucking joke now, if anyone bails it in it's current state they don't have a working brain

Quote Originally Posted by sd78
    OH NOES there's a single boss that isn't a total facerolling joke????

You have to actually use some skill flying drakes instead of AOEing everything down with overgeared toons???

OH TEH HUMANITYS!!11
    I'd wager that Oc is faceroll right now. You don't even have to kite the orbs if the red drakes knows how to play.

Oc was fun with 5 bronze drakes prenerf. Haven't tried any 'harder' drake combos since the nerf, but I assume it would be easy to 5 bronze it now with the nerfed hp/buffed damage.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie
    i actually pressed the check for oculus on specifik dungeon today just to see how much nerfed it was

you basically only have to kill 1 dragon in the air after first boss is dead, thats how many dragons they removed and nerfed their aggro range, the final boss only enraged once, ONCE, its a complete joke, the orbs are twice as slow as before and last half the time, its a complete fucking joke now, if anyone bails it in it's current state they don't have a working brain
    Unreal. Absolutely un-fucking-real.

I agree that removing some of the drake trash would be a good idea to speed up the instance, but they really didn't have to nerf the final boss just to appease bad players (who want every heroic to be a 15min faceroll like UK).

I cancelled my account back in August, but still check up on this site occasionally and shit like this makes me want to puke. Activision have officially ruined the game.
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)