Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Powerauras for shamans

Anyone use this addon?
    Id so how would I go about trakcing my magma totem and whether or not my wepaons have Windfury/Flametongue on them

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Powerauras for shamans

Seems a bit OTT to track WF/FT and Totems using power auras, this is already done by your standard UI and most UnitFrame mods.

As for actually doing it, type /powa and have a play around (You'll learn alot more than if I spoonfeed you.)

Really good for Maelstrom Procs or maybe clearcasting procs for Elemental...

As a warrior, I use it to track shouts, procs, and debuffs on my mian target. It's easy enuff to do for any class, but it's well worth googling a guide for it. Being able to use the tracked abilities icon as the warning symbol is also very handy (u can basically put ur buffs bar above ur action bars for easier tracking)

I use powerauras to track my shield (along with 2 other addons haha), my weapon buffs and my maelstrom 5 stacks.
    I don't often see the weapon buff aura though as i'm usually refreshing them when not in combat and before fights etc.

I am a resto shammy and I love my powerauras. You can set them any way you want. I prefer little icons above my raid frames whilst healing. Like when trinkets proc and how long will they last and when I can use riptide again etc. I like to keep focus in the middle on the raid frames, so this is making my life easier at least.

I couldn't find a way to get it to tell me when magma totem is <4s or expired, but as for weapons...

Make a new warning in that tab that's empty, select weapon buff for the type, Windfury for the name, choose the icon/color, and if I remember correctly there was some option to invert something that I had to do that told it I wanted the warning when the buff was not active. Flametongue is the same thing, except you change the name to Flametongue instead. You may have to set the names to "Windfury/Flametongue Weapon" and check the exact name box, I don't really remember.

That's off the top of my head, but that's basically it.
    I accidentally my signature

Quote Originally Posted by Brisgnr
    Anyone use this addon?
    Id so how would I go about trakcing my magma totem and whether or not my wepaons have Windfury/Flametongue on them
    if u want to use power auras for this, get totem timers does all that for you
    edit: using totem timers saves A LOT of time dont have to really do anything to it to get it working properly

i use totem timers to track that, and use my power auras to track MW procs, my short CDs, and Flame Shock Dot

Deleted

Addon called shock and awe is good. But i just use my own eye tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisgnr
    Anyone use this addon?
    there is a lot of youtube videos on this. I suggest searching there for an easy step by step.

And @ the person who said UI tracks it. Seeing a gigantic skull on my screen that says "your bad put WF back on" is a lot easier than watching my buffs.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I'm using it as Ele:
    - Blue aura when WaterShield is down and I'm in Combat
    - Yellow aura when Flameshock is not on my target (and I'm in Combat)
    - Red aura when Lavaburst is ready (I'll find something else for that, it annoys me more than it helps)
    - White aura when TS is off cooldown (and I'm in Combat)

It's very flexible and can be used for anything. Good addon.

10+ Year Old Account

This might be a little overkill for your question, but you may want to download the UI in these forums and install everything from the power auras folder only. The setup he has for power auras is fantastic. It has everything you'll ever need for ele, resto, and enhance. Except I do not believe it tracks WF/FT. You can add it and ii keep meaning to for my own self. BUt I never have.

I fell your pain on WF/FT though. Last night I was topping charts for the first part of an encounter, and then I just drop off and was below 10th DPS. It wasn't until we were running back and I was reviewing my parse (we wiped =/) that I realised that WF had fallen off.....AGAIN.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

I've been using Powa for my resto off-spec but really pretty much on SAA for enhancement. I'm using Powa for my DK frost tank too.

This is the reason i got Power auras:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgRtc6joRbo

I really like this addon and i use it for all my other classes i play, really nice to keep track of proccs and buffs/debuffs.

The thing I like most about it is that you can be creative!

This is where it helps me the most:

Shaman: Maelstrom weapon, range radius of my totems, when its time to refresh my Shield

Paladin: Art of War Proccs

Warlock: When I get Instant Shadow bolt or Instant Incinerate, Eradication proccs so i can refresh my corruption

Mage: Missile Barrage proccs, Brain Freeze is good to.

Warrior: I use Glyph of Revenge on my warrior that i am leveling as protection and Power auras help me get notified with a sound and a image of Heroic Strike

This is just a few important proccs and buffs you have to keep track of, power auras make your day much easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Deyman
    This is the reason i got Power auras:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgRtc6joRbo

I really like this addon and i use it for all my other classes i play, really nice to keep track of proccs and buffs/debuffs.

The thing I like most about it is that you can be creative!

This is where it helps me the most:

Shaman: Maelstrom weapon, range radius of my totems, when its time to refresh my Shield

Paladin: Art of War Proccs

Warlock: When I get Instant Shadow bolt or Instant Incinerate, Eradication proccs so i can refresh my corruption

Mage: Missile Barrage proccs, Brain Freeze is good to.

Warrior: I use Glyph of Revenge on my warrior that i am leveling as protection and Power auras help me get notified with a sound and a image of Heroic Strike

This is just a few important proccs and buffs you have to keep track of, power auras make your day much easier!
    why? its ALWAYS up.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    why? its ALWAYS up.
    Hehe, it might be upp a lot, but in pvp it is vital to know sometimes. Like u just used an exorcism and u wanna heal urself and you press your keybinding to FoL and you think WTF it wont heal me!! That's why. :P And even if it is always up, you can use FoL on your raid/party members to so you have something to dump it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminated
    I'm using it as Ele:
    - Red aura when Lavaburst is ready (I'll find something else for that, it annoys me more than it helps)
    Is the timing accurate though? I experienced a bit of lag when I tried that one...like the aura won't appear until about 0.5-1 secs after the cooldown finishes...

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama
    I use that mod, but it does not show when your magma or searing or fire elemtnal dissapear which i would really like, and i believe that was one of the things the OP asked about.

This work of art was made by Paz.

Quote Originally Posted by battosi08
    if u want to use power auras for this, get totem timers does all that for you
    edit: using totem timers saves A LOT of time dont have to really do anything to it to get it working properly

i use totem timers to track that, and use my power auras to track MW procs, my short CDs, and Flame Shock Dot
    for some reaon i dont enjoy totem timers. I think its cause i can't set up a new set of totems with it i have to turn it off and set them up, also the warning is not in my face enough for me to notice my totem went away if i am running from something or something. If the warning stayed up till i redropped that would also be different.

This work of art was made by Paz.