Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: <imho> Putricide Down (10 man)

    Quote Originally Posted by Vedni

    a fight is not F'ING HARD AS HELL if it takes under 10 attempts when you go into it blind.
    I'm inclined to agree with this guy. Limiting attempts does not equal hard.

  2. #22

    Re: <imho> Putricide Down (10 man)

    addons showing in the pic? recount + grid no need to tell :P
    http://www.twitch.tv/6ton

    "Just because Pandaren were debuted as an April Fool’s Joke a few years back, that does not mean they are viewed as a silly and comedic idea."

    -Blizzard

  3. #23

    Re: <imho> Putricide Down (10 man)

    Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    Considering we haven't seen the strat of it yet I'd hardly compare it to ToGC 10 mans. I'm not saying any of them are that difficult, but you can't honestly compare something to which we don't know the entire encounter for to encounters that have already been beaten.
    the strat is not hard but can be more complicated than those in there. the execution is difficult because of the bigs in it and the thing in phase 3 which i still cannot find information on that caused our 1% wipe

    and limited attempts just mean less kills. its still difficult enough to be considered harder than most of what you see in wrath

  4. #24

    Re: <imho> Putricide Down (10 man)

    The fight in itself ain't hard at all, its just the fact we knew so little about it from ptrs.
    The second you master the oozes and get a tank rotation with good deeps under 35% you'll get a kill.

    So yes this is just another 10 man reg fight, congrats! You managed to down a boss discovering the fight by yourself, the way the game should be played anyways and if you're playing half decent 10 attempts should be more than enough to get the hang of the fight.
    Baltz <Nurfed> - US Tichondrius

  5. #25

    Re: <imho> Putricide Down (10 man)

    Quote Originally Posted by razzukyo
    the strat is not hard but can be more complicated than those in there. the execution is difficult because of the bigs in it and the thing in phase 3 which i still cannot find information on that caused our 1% wipe

    and limited attempts just mean less kills. its still difficult enough to be considered harder than most of what you see in wrath
    I'll judge it when I see it, nothing in ICC is complicated at all so yes this could be the most complex one so far, but it's not like that's saying much. If a guild can get it down in under 10 attempts on the first night though I seriously find it hard for you to compare it to anything else, even in wotlk.

  6. #26

    Re: <imho> Putricide Down (10 man)

    Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    I'll judge it when I see it, nothing in ICC is complicated at all so yes this could be the most complex one so far, but it's not like that's saying much. If a guild can get it down in under 10 attempts on the first night though I seriously find it hard for you to compare it to anything else, even in wotlk.
    ill give you that. perhaps it just seemed harder cause i was the mutated abom and there was lots of yelling directions going around. and the under 35% hurts when that mutated stack on the tank one shots your raid multiple times. we still have no idea what it does but it allowed him to have 2400000 friendly fire and 6400000 healing down

  7. #27

    Re: <imho> Putricide Down (10 man)

    Quote Originally Posted by Estride
    The fight in itself ain't hard at all, its just the fact we knew so little about it from ptrs.
    The second you master the oozes and get a tank rotation with good deeps under 35% you'll get a kill.
    That sums it up. I would equate this fight to trying to learn the mimiron fight in 10 attempts. If you knew basically nothing about the strat.

  8. #28

    Re: <imho> Putricide Down (10 man)

    Quote Originally Posted by aztek
    Simpsons did it too.
    i lol'd

  9. #29

    Re: <imho> Putricide Down (10 man)

    i would like to know what you know about the mutated thing. because it didnt seem to do anything until we all died in seconds when he was almost dead

  10. #30

    Re: <imho> Putricide Down (10 man)

    Quote Originally Posted by razzukyo
    ill give you that. perhaps it just seemed harder cause i was the mutated abom and there was lots of yelling directions going around. and the under 35% hurts when that mutated stack on the tank one shots your raid multiple times. we still have no idea what it does but it allowed him to have 2400000 friendly fire and 6400000 healing down
    The ability is called mutated plague

    Basically we just tank swapped back and forth and both ended up with 3-4 stacks rather than one tank with 10+ that one shots your raid....

  11. #31

    Re: <imho> Putricide Down (10 man)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamma
    The ability is called mutated plague

    Basically we just tank swapped back and forth and both ended up with 3-4 stacks rather than one tank with 10+ that one shots your raid....
    so its a tank swap ability. that makes sense. thanks

  12. #32

    Re: <imho> Putricide Down (10 man)

    Grats, we've got all this to come tomo- later on tonight, I've been on all night looking for tactics : (

  13. #33

    Re: <imho> Putricide Down (10 man)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamma
    The ability is called mutated plague

    Basically we just tank swapped back and forth and both ended up with 3-4 stacks rather than one tank with 10+ that one shots your raid....
    Isn't that a Festergut ability? Or do they both have it? Festergut's can be bubbled off, I would imagine Putricide's could be as well.

    Barely put a dent in Rotface, we started late and I think we were overlooking some kind of mechanic.

    Killed festergut, my general advise on him? Don't taunt off until your tanks have 8-9 stacks or it won't fall off in time, Paladins can bubble it off. He hits REALLY hard when he gets 3x of his own buff before he delivers the big AoE blast. The 5 min enrage timer really isn't that bad, don't think you can stack multiple spores to get multiple inoculations, you still only get one and you take quite a bit of raid damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

  14. #34

    Re: <imho> Putricide Down (10 man)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    Isn't that a Festergut ability? Or do they both have it? Festergut's can be bubbled off, I would imagine Putricide's could be as well.

    Barely put a dent in Rotface, we started late and I think we were overlooking some kind of mechanic.

    Killed festergut, my general advise on him? Don't taunt off until your tanks have 8-9 stacks or it won't fall off in time, Paladins can bubble it off. He hits REALLY hard when he gets 3x of his own buff before he delivers the big AoE blast. The 5 min enrage timer really isn't that bad, don't think you can stack multiple spores to get multiple inoculations, you still only get one and you take quite a bit of raid damage.
    just clarifying you can get more than one stack have the skull run to melee and the x have ranged stacked there. we had everyone with 3 stacks on inoculation every exhale. hope this helps someone.
    Retired from hardcore raiding in wrath. Unsubscribed Dec. 20th 2011.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmrider View Post
    SW:TOR. So good, it's better than SW:TOR.

  15. #35

    Re: <imho> Putricide Down (10 man)

    Quote Originally Posted by razzukyo
    you havent done the fight then cause the fight is flippin hard as hell in normal mode
    We downed it and it was not difficult... took 3 attempts

  16. #36

    Re: <imho> Putricide Down (10 man)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    Isn't that a Festergut ability? Or do they both have it? Festergut's can be bubbled off, I would imagine Putricide's could be as well.
    Putricide gains that ability at 35% but its really different to the one festergut use, instead it only puts a debuff on the tank wich stacks and deals damage to the whole raid every few seconds and increases as the stacks goes up. If the tank get killed while affected by the debuff putricide is healed for around 1M depending on how many stacks he had.

    So even tho the fight can be solo tanked the whole time you'll want a tank swap at around 3-4 stacks else the damage gets close to unhealable with 2 heals and beyond 8 your whole raid is close to getting one shot.

    So i suggest having your OT take the abomination job since when phase 3 starts he automaticly loses his mutation.

    Burn him and grats!
    Baltz <Nurfed> - US Tichondrius

  17. #37

    Re: <imho> Putricide Down (10 man)

    Wasn't particularly challenging at all. Just feels like it coz your used to massively outgearing bosses and youtube strategys.

  18. #38

    Re: <imho> Putricide Down (10 man)

    My best guess on how the mutated plague works is this: He starts applying it to the tank after 35%, and every time he hits the tank it does damage to the raid based on how many stacks of the plague the tank has. So yeah, you need two tanks for this. We had the offtank be the abomination(obviously), and he taunted after 4 stacks of the plague.

    The heal component I'm a little unsure of. I think he only heals if the person with the mutated plague dies(again, heal amount based on number of stacks), but I didn't parse over our kill too much so I'm not positive about that.

    Really fun fight though. Most of it is on the shoulders of your abomination, so your offtank needs to be a quick study.

  19. #39

    Re: <imho> Putricide Down (10 man)

    Care fucking face

  20. #40

    Re: <imho> Putricide Down (10 man)

    Downed this boss on patch day fyi. World 19th.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •