Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

World First - Pet Tanks Hodir

Dunno if anyone cares, but <Kalimdors Legion> is pretty excited about this.

We'll have a video later, just have a pretty crappy SS atm, but the infamous Bubbles of <Hydraxis> and her Hunter pet Durante have successfully tanked Hodir on 25-man.

Re: World First - Pet Tanks Hodir

ewww so cluttered.

15+ Year Old Account

Grats... I think.

God that UI hurts to look at >.<

holy crap that is a terrible ui
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

15+ Year Old Account

Hey! Thats pretty much my UI, though I don't have party enabled while in raid. And no floating ext.

Ontopic: Nice job.

My eyes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

It's not a world first someone on my server did it a while ago just for shits and giggles.

My UI suits me perfectly fine, thank you! I understand it's hard, but if you're just gonna post to insult my UI, I'd rather you didn't post at all, as this is about Bubbles; not me.

ive heard of wide-screen...but that looks like tall-screen

grats though, theres a fun accomplishment. my guild has tanked steelbreaker with a voidwalker(with steelbreaker being the last one to die)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifer2005
    Turning Off Experience has ruined BGs!

He posted a pic to show the hunter tanking and EVERYONE talks about his ui.
    offtopic?no.Trolling

Grats on an insignificant "World First" I guess, it would have been somewhat impressive if you got the hard mode doing or something at least but right now it just seems to me like a terrible strategy to achieve a pathetic slow kill.

Not worth a post.
    Donolgann, the Astral Walker <WHATEVER WERE AWESOME>
    Magtheridon-US

How did your pet hold threat?

Xperl is awesome... if you can configure it right.

Also, I remember an enh shammy posting an video of him fighting sapphirion with the same 'Bubbles' tanking, was interesting back than, not so much now.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Calae
    Tons and tons of misdirects / tott's.

Deleted

Heh even tho its not world first gratz anyway! How does it work tho, i thought you needed insane dps there so how is it done on agro?

To all you basterds out there talking about UI...dont insult unless you can posts yours so we can give it a good analyze.

seeing as it's forcing a lot of your raid's dps down to 4k each and you got multiple people dead, I wouldn't call this something to brag about.

the only thing i see coming is blizz hotfixing pets they didnt like the idea of voidwalkers tanking sarth, i doubt they will like gorillas tanking other bosses lol.

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Calae
    Misdirects. And Durante respecced for more AP after our first attempt.

TotT doesn't work on pets. (Durante was very disappointed when he found this out.)

Heh even tho its not world first gratz anyway!
    This may sound a bit eh, but where's the proof? Not trying to be snarky or anything, but if you're gonna say that, as a whole we'd like proof, since as far as we know Durante is the only person to be actively attempting things like this.

seeing as it's forcing a lot of your raid's dps down to 4k each and you got multiple people dead, I wouldn't call this something to brag about.
    It was something fun to do on a night where we were getting plagued with DCs. Who cares if our DPS had to hold back? Not us. And who cares if people are dead? Again, not us.

But you seriously don't see a PET tanking a RAID boss, especially one that's still relevant, as something to brag about? You and me, my friend, will have to just agree to disagree on this one.

they didnt like the idea of voidwalkers tanking sarth
    They didn't like Voids tanking Sarth because they completely ignored a portion of the fight. Everything about this fight, other than speed of kill, was exactly the same. We broke adds out of iceblocks, we avoided falling ice, frozen blows still hit Bubbles pretty hard.

Congratz, i think its a Real Achivement because we all know how easy it is for hunter pets to die, and since its heroic i would say ts even Harder.

For all those who insult on the UI not everyone like their UI the same, mine is totaly Different from anyone that i kno, the only thing that matters is that You can play with your UI.

10+ Year Old Account

We had 4hunters in 25man Ulduar, but we used Cat to tank for us, used misdirect when ever we chould ^^

My Armory
    TBH, I really like cookies.

i wouldn't be bragging about your group doing 4k on hodir. my eyes are bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac
    To all you basterds out there talking about UI...dont insult unless you can posts yours so we can give it a good analyze.

edit: typo >.<
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)