Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Reigns of the blue drake...

Is the drop rate ridiculously high or did I just get ridiculously lucky in getting the drake on the second day they implemented it?

Re: Reigns of the blue drake...

D:

they obviously refuse to admit failure and therefore probably have a really high drop rate for the drake so that people run oculus

people don't like it, but hey, eventually you can make a living running it i guess

I saw one this afternoon. Haven't gotten Oculus as random yet, gief pl0x.

First day they implemented the rewards for oculus... I queue up for the random for frost badges.
    Oculus. Hoorah!
    Blue drake. Hoorah!

A guildie got it about 30min before I did.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    they obviously refuse to admit failure and therefore probably have a really high drop rate for the drake so that people run oculus
    So by giving it a 'really high drop rate' as you implied, means everyone gets it quick and then stops going? Sounds like the worst logic ever. I'd imagine its decently low (<10%) so that not everyone gets it their first attempt and then stops going there again, thus not fixing the issue (badges mean next to nothing, same as rare gems - for me)

I got mine today on both my toons it was the first time ive ran oculus since tuesday.

From all the posts it looks like this drake has a really high chance of dropping.

My guild leader nearly cried when she realised the drake only she and a few other people had on the server is now dropping so rapidly from a heroic.
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

its the new bronze drake from COT, they need to be DE able
    hahaha. no.

They need to stop and think, why do people hate this place and avoid it like the plague? They can understand a good chunk of us think its a joke. But, a larger chunk complain "Oh it's too hard, I didn't roll X class to use different abilities". So they cater to the larger portion, just like the rest of WoW. Which is why, your drakes were buffed to scale with items, theirs less trash and more loot now. Because occulus was hard in the first place right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma6987

IT WAS UP HILL BOTH WAYS IN FREEZING FROST SHOCKS AND VIOLENT 2HAND WINDFURY CRITS WHILE BEING REPEATEDLY AMBUSHED, BACKSTABBED, AND SAPPED THE WHOLE WAY! AND WE DIDN'T COMPLAIN! ([size=6pt]we did.[/size]) WE LIKED IT!

10+ Year Old Account

It's bullshit, once a rare mount, now common as a Bronze drake. Damn you Blizzard, damn you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anguish
    They need to stop and think, why do people hate this place and avoid it like the plague? They can understand a good chunk of us think its a joke. But, a larger chunk complain "Oh it's too hard, I didn't roll X class to use different abilities". So they cater to the larger portion, just like the rest of WoW. Which is why, your drakes were buffed to scale with items, theirs less trash and more loot now. Because occulus was hard in the first place right?
    you know it this place was a cake walk pre-nerf with a competent team now any tard group can faceroll what was once a hard achievement; Make it count...

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybutt22345
    you know it this place was a cake walk pre-nerf with a competent team now any tard group can faceroll what was once a hard achievement; Make it count...
    Nobody cares about heroic achievements, You still need skill if you were to do make it count with blues (Which im pretty sure are actually harder to get than tier 9 now).

To be honest just give them the option to not go to occulus, I couldnt care less if there was a check box to not go there but giving them loot like this is fucking ridiculous.
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz
    It's bullshit, once a rare mount, now common as a Bronze drake. Damn you Blizzard, damn you.
    *hugs 310 speed Proto-drake*

Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz
    I am a beautiful and unique snowflake
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

It isn't the least rare. I want to do it! My guild made a group for a random heroic, 3 out of 5 of them got the mount on the first try.

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber
    I am a beautiful and unique snowflake
    Gold plated sarcasm.
    2/4 for creativity
    4/4 for impact.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

why are you people whining about others getting the drake.. it shouldn't be rare because i never get rare things ))

besides i bet everyone would still whine and avoid ocu if it would be a rare drop.
    *points at people that QQ about high drop rates* DIE!

I am going to explode tbh.

I always enjoyed the occulus. Even in blues, it was fun for me.

Apparently people skipped the place on LFG. But despite me running 3/4 dungeons a day in it for past two weeks to clear off some achievements for my red proto drake, the occulus has come up exactly 0 times. along with every other dungeon apart from DTK and Gundrak twice.

I swear, if I run DTK one MORE TIME!!! /cry

Sorry, but I would of loved to get occulus, but I never even get a chance.