Poll: How do you feel about them ? Profile Results on page 4 !

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: POLL+ : Your "honest" opinion about casuals, slackers, noobs and the lot.

these forums need more topics with "bad" and "casual" in them. mmhmm.

let`s see, slackers.. everybody slacks off from time to time. you`ve never sent a text or anything in a raid? casuals? i blame bad players for things, not casuals. I went from raiding hardcore in TBC to casual in WotLK.. and I am by no means "bad", playing 3 healing classes and a tank you wouldn`t be disappointed. And noobs? well.. we`ve all been there

if anything, elitism ruins the game. people think with one way logic like "WELL MY GUILD IS AWESOME AND KILLS STUFF YOU NOOBS CAN`T, SO THEREFORE STUFF NEEDS TO BE HARDER", the type of person who, as long as their "uber leet" guild kills stuff, and like only 200 others (which is NOT A LOT) kill them.. when they nerf it it`s ZOMG CASUALS FAULT.

All hardmodes are are just, 2x health, 2x the damage, 2 times the blue circles on the ground PLUS, UH OH, a GREEEEN CIRCLE!!!!!! and these circles spawn 2x faster than other circles, and if you don`t do 3829375 dps the boss ENRAGESSSSS in 2 minutes.

Congrats, you raided in vanilla when stuff was "hard" you miss the good old days. guess what? they`re not coming back.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

10+ Year Old Account

One poll for Casuals, Slackers and Noobs? That's three different categories to compare.

IMO, Casuals are those not playing all day or not aiming to be the best or doing the most challenging content. (Like me)
    Slackers are those who rather let other people do stuff for them and generally can't be arsed to help someone else.
    Noobs are those who don't have a slightest idea how things work, how they should behave in a community, and probably don't even understand English well enough.

For as far as I can see, Casuals are fine, they usually form their own groups for stuff and, for as far as I can tell, don't bother anyone. Though they may not understand all game mechanics, they're usually smart enough to learn those mechanics when explained.

Slackers are lazy butts which should be kicked as soon as possible, so they'd gain as little as possible by letting others doing their work, and are kinda ruining the fun of others on purpose.

Noobs should be helped whenever possible, though sometimes those 12-year old kiddies are quite bad in listening to well meant advice. However, some people are quickly yelled at and referred as a noob, while explaining some stuffs would actually make them improve. (There are people willing to learn out there in Azeroth too). Additionally, most nooby behaviour is probably by 12-year old kids, who just behave a little different than 'grown-ups'. I think most grown-ups know they behaved kinda annoying back when they were 12 too, if they honestly admit

Deleted

That's one quite bad poll.
    Besides, three answers? I could have picked pretty much every option...

Quote Originally Posted by handwerk
    slackers: dont really like these ppl but i put up with them just to get the shit done. they're unwilling to learn anything and just continue on sucking forever, and i've found you should just let them be slackers there's nothing you can do about it. i like to keep my asshole comments to myself when i see somebody with a really high gear score and doin shit whatever his task is. i try to avoid taking these players to raids. if they're in it its because there was nobody else.

noobs: these are just ppl who need some guidance everyone was a noob at one point no matter how skilled you are now.

casuals: casuals are fine, ppl have their own lives outside of wow gotta pay the bills somehow.

retardation of the noobs and casuals can result in becoming a slacker.

there's nothing you can do about it there will always be noobs slackers and casuals. if you cant stand them just go join a hardcore raiding guild and its done. if not and you just keep bitching about them then you're a slacker.
    You Sir are 100% right. And 1 more thing. All those who whine about the slackers, noobs etc, are slackers, noobs etc themselves, because a l33t player would be in a l33t guild, with other l33t players, doing l33t raids and they wouldn't give a damn about others. See Ensidia and other guilds like them. How many times did any of the rely elite players from those guilds did you hear QQ-ing about casual, noobs, scrubs, slackers?

Deleted

Whutwhut? HORRIBLE HORRIBLE subject/poll. It shouts out your obviously painful biased opinion, if anything.

Deleted

Just in the humor department: Could you add three extra options at the poll?

[ ] I like chicken
    [ ] I like pie
    [ ] I like cookies

Really, all you need is 3 options. 1) Casuals are ruining my gameplay. 2) Casuals are not ruining my gameplay. 3) I am a casual.

A lot of those seemed like repeated statements.

Don't know how anyone can be hardcore at this game anymore.

You do a normal mode 10 or 25 and you see all the content.

End of story.

If you want a challenge you do arena up the upper bracket.

Or you can do boring old heroic versions of the same fight with maaaaaaaaaaaybe a few new mechanics spread out in the entire dungeon with MOAR damage and MOAR HP.

WEWENTWESS GWALLDATIROR CASUALTY

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Casualty

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Cowsualty

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Casualty
    End of story.
    Or you could at least kill Algalon before saying stuff like this...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Askarn
    lmao at the retards who cant read some lines of text then make a choice.
    Or you could open your eyes and see how pretty much all the options in this "poll" are biased and leading?

Stupid topic

but

My guild is a semi hardcore, and we do have alot of casuals in it. that doesn't mean they are less skilled, or know less about the game

also I'm a slacker, BIG Time.. but that doesn't affect the raiding, on boss's I'm 100% focus, unless it's a farm boss we can do 5man, then I go slacker mood.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Here are the results i gathered from the posts i considered helpful and the poll results.

these simple profiles were the backbone for all the poll questions, some questions serve as ranking for multiple profiles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Good" 53% - People with a generally friendly mindset and are more than willing to help others out

"The Bad" 31% - People who blame everyone else for all the problems the come to face.

"The Ugly" 4% - Actual terrible, rude or disfunctional players

"The Selfish" 10% - People who only care for themselves or the people that help them advance

"The Helpless" 2% - Players who feel left out/ abandoned by others while they aren't the problem.

(These Percentages are a rough estimate of the players who spent their time filling in the poll or replying in the topic )

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Or you could at least kill Algalon before saying stuff like this...
    Ran priest(holy) priest(disc) and a shaman healer

No way possible at the time to do the content with those said heals.

And I don't go back and do said content after the fact of being 2 gear levels over it.
    WEWENTWESS GWALLDATIROR CASUALTY

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Casualty

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Cowsualty

Quote Originally Posted by Casualty
    Don't know how anyone can be hardcore at this game anymore.

End of story.

If you want a challenge you do arena up the upper bracket.

Or you can do boring old heroic versions of the same fight with maaaaaaaaaaaybe a few new mechanics spread out in the entire dungeon with MOAR damage and MOAR HP.

There's plenty offered by the majority of heroic/hard modes to keep people still hardcore in pve at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    I dunno, what's your opinion on oranges, genocide, terrorism, and nuclear weapons?
    Out of all four... Oranges would make the best diplomatic tool?
    Wildanimal
    80 Night Elf Druid
    Resto/Feral tank

Honestly i don't care much for casuals, but what i'm angry about is that they get gear so easily, while others like me, raids and progress the hard way. that's the primary reason that i hate it, because i want to see myself and other raiders have way better gear than casualties since we put much effort in it. And the ones who's making 700 dps in Full ilvl 219-232, (actually all level 80's even them in greens) i mean come on..

what i feel is ruining the game is all the add-ons and how lazy in general all the players have become, time and time again i see people relying on dbm to tell them when to jump where to move. which translates to easier game play allowing more people to do more advanced stuff that in the past would be to hard for them when u didnt have these mods and add-ons.

well my 2 cents anyways