Shadowmourne question

Hello everyone.

I have searched all over, but I cannot seem to find an answer to my question. Hopefully some of you can answer it.

I have been chosen as the lucky player to get Shadowmourne in my guild. My only problem is, that I'm only starting to buy Primordial Saronite. One other guildie with a lot of money has already bought 25, and is on his way to the next step of the quest (when he gets the items from Rotface and Festergut).

If we say, that a Shadowfrost Shard drops next time we raid ICC25, will I be able to loot that Shadowfrost Shard without being on that step of the quest, or will my friend be the only one able to loot that?

Please, only qualified answers.

Thanks in advance

Re: Shadowmourne question

Quote Originally Posted by Ebolaz
    Hello everyone.

I have searched all over, but I cannot seem to find an answer to my question. Hopefully some of you can answer it.

I have been chosen as the lucky player to get Shadowmourne in my guild. My only problem is, that I'm only starting to buy Primordial Saronite. One other guildie with a lot of money has already bought 25, and is on his way to the next step of the quest (when he gets the items from Rotface and Festergut).

If we say, that a Shadowfrost Shard drops next time we raid ICC25, will I be able to loot that Shadowfrost Shard without being on that step of the quest, or will my friend be the only one able to loot that?

Please, only qualified answers.

Thanks in advance
    You don't deserve to get it if you haven't found the answer.

Please, keep out of this post.

I don't care about your opinion on that matter, and it has no relevance for the question I ask.

Quote Originally Posted by strossus001
    You don't deserve to get it if you haven't found the answer.
    That's not a very polite response, but it is correct to some degree. The answer to the OP's question is readily available if you look. The answer is no, you cannot acquire shadowfrost shards without completing a shadowmorne (and then some IIRC).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

If you knew you were first in line to get it why didn't you start collecting the saronite earlier?

But on topic. No.
    Each time you think about giving Paladins the ability to duel wield, god kills a kitten in each of the parallel universes. Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kichirou
    If you knew you were first in line to get it why didn't you start collecting the saronite earlier?

But on topic. No.
    Because I'd been on Christmas holidays, and the guild leaders just came to that decision (on whom will get the axe).

But on topic. No.
    No to what? No to the question regarding me being able to loot a Shadowfrost Shard whilst not being on this step of the questline?

No to what? No to the question regarding me being able to loot a Shadowfrost Shard whilst not being on this step of the questline?
    Well that was the question you asked
    Each time you think about giving Paladins the ability to duel wield, god kills a kitten in each of the parallel universes. Twice.

I believe you won't even see the shards as loot on the boss until you are actually on the quest that requires them, but I could be wrong.

To see the Shards you need the quest for it.

The Shadowfrost Shards are a quest item. When are you ever able to collect a quest specific item if you're not on the quest yet?

Please, keep out of this post.

I don't care about your opinion on that matter, and it has no relevance for the question I ask.
    You're an idiot, undeserving of any item of any quality. If you cannot complete something as difficult as connect-the-dots, why should you be wielding Shadowmourne?

If I am not mistaken, you need the quest items from the 2 new bosses, assuming you down those this week, you should have until tuesday to get all your saronite.

Quote Originally Posted by strossus001
    You're an idiot, undeserving of any item of any quality. If you cannot complete something as difficult as connect-the-dots, why should you be wielding Shadowmourne?
    Sure it was a stupid question. But if he's willing to put the effort in to get it he's as worthy of having it as anyone else

Sure it was a stupid question. But if he's willing to put the effort in to get it he's as worthy of having it as anyone else
    But, if the the other guy is already on that step of the shadowmourne chain, its not exactly fair to tell him, no you put in work for your saronite. But, we like this guy better so your SOL till he gets his shit and the drops and then its your turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma6987

IT WAS UP HILL BOTH WAYS IN FREEZING FROST SHOCKS AND VIOLENT 2HAND WINDFURY CRITS WHILE BEING REPEATEDLY AMBUSHED, BACKSTABBED, AND SAPPED THE WHOLE WAY! AND WE DIDN'T COMPLAIN! ([size=6pt]we did.[/size]) WE LIKED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Anguish
    But, if the the other guy is already on that step of the shadowmourne chain, its not exactly fair to tell him, no you put in work for your saronite. But, we like this guy better so your SOL till he gets his shit and the drops and then its your turn.
    Well, that's just stupid. I would get the Saronite for when I needed it. I just wanted to have a timetable in my head, so that I knew how long exactly I would have to get the Saronite.

That post you just made, makes no sense, especially because he CANNOT be on that step of the Shadowmourne quest before we take-down Sindragosa!

but he has put in more effort..

strossus001=troll

The End.