Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

shadow haste/sp questions

as a general rule im peeved with shadow dps. shadow used to be all i did, and i loved every second of it. now im 90% disc. maybe you can help me love shadow again.

what should a base (solo, self buffed) haste rating be?
    what should a raid (raid buffs) haste rating be?

what should SP (solo, self buffed) be in relation to haste?
    what should raid SP (raid buffs) be in relation to raid haste?

should that haste be on gear or gems/enchants? should i pass on SP gear and get the haste gear instead. what are some other tricks to get haste up?

the day before 3.3 hit i was at about 3000 sp - self buffed. when 3.3 hit i switched some stuff around to bring up my haste, now im at only 2600 sp. where do i draw the line at haste vs sp?

as someone that only raids normal 10 mans with a dedicated group what should my dps be at? i can cap 3400 dps on a dummy, but no matter what i do i cant get past that.
    full t9 gear.

i know i have rotation down, have greenlight as my guide for SW:P.

look up Funkey-Proudmoore on the armory.
    'Let no man deceive himself. If any one among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.'
    Translation: you are a fool.

Re: shadow haste/sp questions

www.shadowpriest.com

^^ all the info you'll ever need.

If you want your questions answered here well basically haste = 0.98 PP whereas spellpower is =1PP. Theres no 'haste rating or spellpower rating' that you should have, the more the better.

(and honestly check the website above, its got amazing infomation from all the best shadowpriests in the world)

10+ Year Old Account

just simple question really:

is haste more important than sp?

that site has mountains of info to search through, and i never found the info i needed.

how far am i supposed to let sp drop?

is 2000 (self buffed) sp ok if your haste is 800?
    'Let no man deceive himself. If any one among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.'

on my spriest i stack spirit for the extra sp and regen ofc and like to keep around 20% crit i also stack haste and sp as primaries heres my armory link if u wana have a look i do around 5k dps self buffed and when im in a raid im usually around 4th on the list losing to rogues mages or locks usually but im not really bothered about doin the most dps i mean after all im not a full dps class rather a support class so losing to these classes is no biggie for me
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Shado%C3%A1n

Quote Originally Posted by funkyfloyd
    just simple question really:

is haste more important than sp?

that site has mountains of info to search through, and i never found the info i needed.

how far am i supposed to let sp drop?

is 2000 (self buffed) sp ok if your haste is 800?
    You shouldn't be gearing/gemming for pure haste, spellpower is still better (slightly) then haste is, so you should only be gemming haste if the socket bonus grants spellpower, otherwise still use the +23 spellpower gems

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    You shouldn't be gearing/gemming for pure haste, spellpower is still better (slightly) then haste is, so you should only be gemming haste if the socket bonus grants spellpower, otherwise still use the +23 spellpower gems
    yeh bang on mate stack that sp as primary along with haste, i also find if u have a choice between crit and haste always go with the haste it benefits a lot more than crit does and now with the way shadowform makes ur vt and dp tick faster haste is defo up there as being a compulsory stat to stack but sp shud always be at the top of ur list

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    thats not correct, you should be matching the socket bonus if the bonus + gem is rated at more PP than you would get from a SP gem. so spirit/haste/crit bonuses are all fair game subject to how much they give. however the bonus would have to be pretty spectacular on a blue socket for you to have more than 3 purple gems on your gear.

Gem by color unless an item has multiple blue gems, or has a lousy socket bonus and requires a blue gem. You need to get 7 SP or Haste per blue gem required for the bonus. Almost any socket bonus is worth using a SP/Haste gem in a yellow socket. Any socket bonus that increases DPS even a tiny bit makes SP/Haste gems superior to pure SP.

Haste is equal to SP now. It is variably either a hair lower, or a hair higher in value, but always very close either way. As such you need to make up for the +1 stat on 23 SP compared to 12sp/10haste. There are very few socket bonuses on decent gear that won't be worth more than 1 SP.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    You need to get 7 SP or Haste per blue gem required for the bonus.
    thanks, didnt know the exact amount.

actually it's 6SP when putting SP+Spirit becomes better then pure SP.
    6+12+10*0.59=23.9

These are what I'm using:
    Intellect 0,22
    Spirit 0,59
    Spellpower 1
    Crit 0,76
    Haste 0,98
    Hit 1,88
    Holynovos - 80 Priest
    Url - 80 Warrior

10+ Year Old Account

ok, i do appreciate the info given but..um..what the heck does PP mean?

Quote Originally Posted by funkyfloyd
    ok, i do appreciate the info given but..um..what the heck does PP mean?
    Its basically converting the main stats shadowpriests use into a common unit so we can measure them better (PP stands for pseudo power). Here are the PP as of 3.3:

Int = 0.22
    Spi = 0.59
    SP = 1.00
    Hit = 1.88
    Crit = 0.76
    Haste = 0.98

Quote Originally Posted by Barrier
    on my spriest i stack spirit for the extra sp and regen ofc and like to keep around 20% crit i also stack haste and sp as primaries heres my armory link if u wana have a look i do around 5k dps self buffed and when im in a raid im usually around 4th on the list losing to rogues mages or locks usually but im not really bothered about doin the most dps i mean after all im not a full dps class rather a support class so losing to these classes is no biggie for me
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Shado%C3%A1n
    this makes me kind of sad for the spriest community

Quote Originally Posted by Vixen2112
    So true
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Vixen2112
    Actually if you look at the link his gear is fine. He has SP/Spirit gems in two items that only grant a 5sp bonus but that's arguably acceptable. Hes essentially losing less than 1 sp and gaining the regen of 10 spirit. Hes not stacking spirit like his post implies.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

priority #1 is get 280 HIT
    priority #2 is spell power
    priority #3 is haste
    priority #4 is crit
    priority #5 is spirit

spirit got buffed so taking haste / spirit gear isnt a bad idea if you can get the pieces fast

your BiS gear is going to be anything with haste/crit as the off stats rather than say crit / spirit or haste/sprit.

if you want to stack haste / spirit gear that is another option open to you , the spirit will give you more regen and boost your spell power amount, but you lose out on the crit. opinions differ still as to what is better. Personally i prefer the crit as do the major of Spriests I have seen.

there are no surprises here and all the info has been stated a thousand times at this point.

Haste is generally equivalent at this point to spell power.

the cookie cutter answer at this point is
    red slot - 23 SP
    yellow slot - 12sp/10haste
    2 blue slots - 12sp/10Spirit

now , since most gear has a bunch of extra blue slots opinions still differ on what to throw in there wether it is 23 SP or 12sp/10haste.
    personally i like the haste. It is more beneficial on the multiple quick dying add fights to have higher haste so your DoTs tick faster and you do more raw damage to adds rather than slower ticking dots which may not tick before the add dies.

you will lose technical PP value by gemming 12sp/10haste in those sockets over 23sp gems but i see it as more beneficial on add fights so i lean that way personally.

thats about it.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    In most circumstances it's benefical to gem for the socket bonus using Purified Dreadstones, Runed Cardinal Rubies & Reckless Ametrines. The only time this isn't true is for single, double or tripple blue sockets... in the case of a single blue the difference is usually 0.1 PP, its not until double or tripple that it starts to amount to something significant.
    This. /thread

As in, always gem for socket bonuses :
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

15+ Year Old Account

Can Somone just tell me what the haste cap is? I am at 2.5k sp doin 3.5k dps my haste is olny at 10% so I know it needs to be higher. What is the amount? http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lor&n=Skizzers. I know I am in some holy gear so I think the haste is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by hellar
    Can Somone just tell me what the haste cap is? I am at 2.5k sp doin 3.5k dps my haste is olny at 10% so I know it needs to be higher. What is the amount? http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lor&n=Skizzers. I know I am in some holy gear so I think the haste is the problem
    There is no haste cap except the 50% haste in which you get your GCD down to 1s, which is impossible to do with gear alone.

There are haste "Sweet Spots" but are really not something you can plan around since there are many and more haste just means more dps no matter what.

priority #1 is get 280 HIT
    289 WITHOUT Draenai
    263 WITH Draenai