Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61

    Re: Priest holy spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Tac
    You seem quite quote happy.
    I can pick apart people's arguments, section by section.

    I'll save you the embarrassment of quoting the ENTIRE THREAD where you constantly compared individual abilities of both trees to show how holy is better, which is what i was getting at in my post, which you again, completely missed but you did post a great big fat wall of nothin!
    Actually I was pointing out that Holy is, wait for it, just as good.

    Your personal attacks aside, your view is still wrong, speccing into talents like B&S because your DPS is slow at reacting is STILL wrong, and disc and holy are still just as awesome as each other.
    If you're moving, you're not DPS'ing. If you sprint to a boss after moving, I can guarantee you that my Rogue gets to get back to his 12k DPS almost two seconds before yours does, and that's not counting the times that he sprints. But using Sprint in PvE must obviously be for failboats, seeing as we're still fighting Patchwerk, right. Get off your fucking target dummies already, buddy.

    What's funny is you continue going on about how disc priests spam shields, and how your guild is pathetic as it obviously has 0 quality control for recruits,
    Quality Control is turning them away because of general practice that won't help? Right. Servers don't have an infinite pool of skilled players, nor an infinite pool of experience to draw on. I can't say I've run with random priest #45151873-c to know how they play, until I bring them along.
    or internal members as it allows a priest in your raid to be get carried.
    For who's getting carried, sure you can take that from my statement. You can also take it from my statement that he's also been hesitant about doing this, and we're still hoping to perhaps shift that point of view again.
    Edit: Nice btw hitting me up about my postcount, that really shows your intelligence and insight about the given topic!
    Retards need to learn how to read, go back to the 5th grade (or first where most people your age might've learned it). Might help you out a little better. Skimming's bad, mmkay?

    Why funny you ask? Because I never said a thing about it being ok, or that it was ok, or that is it, or ever will be ok to spam shields and consider yourself useful.
    Considering that was my point, why haven't you shut the fuck up yet?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  2. #62

    Re: Priest holy spec

    I reply because you formed your opinion based upon a bunch of retards, and spout it as gospel.

    If you think that your comparisons were attempting to show how holy is "Just as good" you have some serious communication issues, but i already knew that because of pathetic deflections to continue to try hide the fact you spot crap as gospel, based upon the play styles of idiots.

    You obviously are getting pretty angry that i'm implying you do nothing but spew utter crap... oh wait I can see why you'd be mad

    From the very start of this thread that you claim I haven't read, all you have done is yell at people about shield spamming being bad without inputting anything to the OP..... Every argument you have put forward is just as inane and redundant as me complaining about holy priests who do nothing but cast renew blankets on the raid. It's a pointless, useless argument that means nothing, yet you have spent pages enforcing it. Making you dodge bullets and write these massive paragraph deflections to my point is pretty funny yeah.

    Holy and Disc are not equal, they are different, both are awesome.

    ** Also not a troll, merely a very bored but amused reader >.>

    B&S Has one use and one use only btw, and that's for kiting on anub HM as another poster pointed out, arguably maybe HM 25vezax as well, but its really just not needed. There isn't any movement severe enough if any of the current content to warrant it, but I guess you'll give me more examples like Rotface, where again your DPS is obviously too brain dead to move out of the raid in the 10 seconds you have without the assistance of the holy priest who will be completely put of the raid doing nothing but shielding people at 30% when the rate of mutated infections go up severely, so you'll want those B&S buffs on every single person right!? RIGHT?!

  3. #63

    Re: Priest holy spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Tac
    B&S Has one use and one use only btw, and that's for kiting on anub HM as another poster pointed out. Nowhere else is it worth crap. There isn't any movement severe enough if any of the current content to warrant it, but I guess you'll give me more examples like Rotface, where again your DPS is obviously too brain dead to move out of the raid in the 10 seconds you have without the assistance of the holy priest who will be completely put of the raid doing nothing but shielding people at 30% when the rate of mutated infections go up severely, so you'll want those B&S buffs on every single person right!? RIGHT?!
    No. Not understanding when and where to use B&S is a common disease among Priests. Sadly, there is no cure for stupidity.

  4. #64

    Re: Priest holy spec

    Quote Originally Posted by harky
    No. Not understanding when and where to use B&S is a common disease among Priests. Sadly, there is no cure for stupidity.
    I totally understand this, and obviously my paragraph was brimmed full with sarcasm. I just find it interesting people defend an ability and talent that all hardcore progression priests(in notable guilds) dropped it from their offspec ever since ToC progression ceased to exist seriously. I can't refute the usefulness of it in certain situations, but those situations are almost always caused by a mistake, or failure on someone's behalf, and right now at least there would only be a 1 in a million situation where B&S is going to save anyone or anything.

  5. #65

    Re: Priest holy spec

    If your guild can go with a million tries without making a mistake, then yes, B&S is useless. I do however think that even Stars and Ensidia wipes every now and then, so obviously they make mistakes too!

    For the rest of us, B&S is a very nice crutch that helps kill stuff. If you don't want the crutch and prefer to stand on your own feet, by all means. In the meantime, I'll clear ICC using this crutch of mine. Let me know when you are finished.
    Non-discipline since 2006. Also: fails. "Chakra, when the walls fell"

  6. #66

    Re: Priest holy spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Tac
    I totally understand this, and obviously my paragraph was brimmed full with sarcasm.
    It certainly wasn't obvious to me. Actually rereading that paragraph you seem to be entirely serious. Had you said 'B&S kills puppies', that I might have viewed as obvious scarcasm. But when you've been trolling, scarcastically appearing to be stupid will likely be misunderstood for actually being stupid. If you drop the scarcasm, stupidity (whether real or fake) and ad hominems to focus instead on ideas then you may find that you convince people.

    You opened up on kelesti for no reason. You complained of 'personal attacks' when you'd received none and made many. You complained about 'post count references' when there had been none.

    ** Also not a troll, merely a very bored but amused reader >.>
    If you're not a troll intentionally then you might want to take a deep breath and consider what you're doing - because posting in earnest but coming across as a troll would seem to indicate a total failure to get your point across.

  7. #67

    Re: Priest holy spec

    Quote Originally Posted by harky
    TL;DR: Meaningless argument based on false assumptions and lawls.
    Thread too long; Didn't Read: Priests are cool, both specs. Some people beg to differ but we sorted them out.
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •