Thread: Arms Stance

Arms Stance

Hey, i have a friend who is approching level 80 on his first character, a warrior. Having never played one, i don't knbow much about it, so i thought i would look around the forums. He is sporting the 54/17/0 arms dps spec; http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=LhrhbfIt00bRdGuioGx00xb but one thing i couldn't find, is what stance to be in. looking at what some people said the rotation was, he must have to be in battle stance, but that cuts out alot of ablilties such as pummel and whirlwind. so my question is, should he be in battle stance or beserker. also, any other tips on anything else he should know would be appreciated

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Arms Stance

This "friend" eh? =P
    FFVI > FFVII

Quote Originally Posted by Entaaro View Post
    I think you underestimate the capacity of your brain to process information quickly - but maybe with good reason.

if he even read his abilities and talents it'd be pretty obvious. pretty easy to copy a high end famous raider and have no clue right? read the abilites...

well, he is new to the game, and i don't pay any attention to warriors, so i have no idea who a famous warrior is, plus, its not like it shows what stance they are in on the armory

15+ Year Old Account

Battle Stance
    Battle Stance
    Battle Stance

Seriously, why the hell would you want to be in Berserker stance? It completely negates the points you put into TfB since you can't use Overpower in Berserker Stance. Also, Arms is a spec that heavily depends on ArP; losing the 10% ArP bonus hurts. The only time I EVER go into that stance in a raid is so I can Pummel in case someone misses an interrupt. And then I switch right back to Battle.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

If you want to use Pummel, switch to berserker, then switch back. Stance dance, it's part of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus
    Battle Stance
    Battle Stance
    Battle Stance

Seriously, why the hell would you want to be in Berserker stance? It completely negates the points you put into TfB since you can't use Overpower in Berserker Stance. Also, Arms is a spec that heavily depends on ArP; losing the 10% ArP bonus hurts. The only time I EVER go into that stance in a raid is so I can Pummel in case someone misses an interrupt. And then I switch right back to Battle.
    ^
    This

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

I have alot of respect for you and your friends, coming to this forum full of elitists and idiots to come and ask a serious question.
    The correct answer is battle stance. Remember..improved rend and improved overpower are in the arms tree, and these cant be done in berserker stance, and battle stance is in the arms tab of your skillbook.

You should NEVER switch to berzerker for pummel.
    You simply make a macro that equips a 1 hander and shield and shield bash.

The only reasons to go to Zerker are for recklessness and the occasional need to intercept.

Otherwise stay in battle.

M2c

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt

The only reasons to go to Zerker are for recklessness and the occasional need to intercept.

M2c
    recklessness may or may not be a dps loss!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt

M2c
    shield bashing would cause a much higher dps loss then switching stances to pummel

1. it resets swing timer when you switch weapons
    2. it resets GCD of your abilities

this both twice for switching in between weapons.
    other then just 2x GCD on seperated from your actual abilities, since stances have their own gcd
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by JJNezz0099
    Hey, i have a friend who is approching level 80 on his first character, a warrior. Having never played one, i don't knbow much about it, so i thought i would look around the forums. He is sporting the 54/17/0 arms dps spec; http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=LhrhbfIt00bRdGuioGx00xb but one thing i couldn't find, is what stance to be in. looking at what some people said the rotation was, he must have to be in battle stance, but that cuts out alot of ablilties such as pummel and whirlwind. so my question is, should he be in battle stance or beserker. also, any other tips on anything else he should know would be appreciated
    The spec is good. Battle Stance is the primary stance for Arms spec.

Get him/her to read this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-wa...to-raiding%29/