Thread: Macros problems

Macros problems

Hi! I know, it can sounds fantastic but my macros disapear (from my bar and my macros storage area) after i log out for some (unknown) time! This problem only exists on my shamy, on hunter and druid it's all ok. Can someone tell me wtf it can be?... Becouse re-type 2-3 macro each time i log in makes me realy mad >

P.S. addons list http://yfrog.com/5owowscrnshot010710135017j

P.P.S. it starts after last wednesday when maintance ends...

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Re: Macros proeblems

no idea man, put a ticket in to Blizzard about it, try deleting your WTF, Cache and Interface folders... or at least moving them so the game can make new ones when you next log in, make a macro and then re-log and if ya macro's are still there, then that means its an addon thats screwing with ya macro's... then comes the long arduous grind of checking each and every addon til ya find the culprit... if its not an addon it may be a problem with Blizzards servers, so make sure you check your end before ya put in a ticket, saves the GM's alot of time and they're usually run off their feet as it is, took me 4 days of waiting to get an item restored and a further 3 days to get an interface issue resolved

good luck to ya and i hope ya macro's stay safe

Re: Macros problems

Problem is that only my shamy affected by this... by this shit, my hunter, druid and dk are safe, while all my char's use same bar mod - bartender4.

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by IhatePvE
    Problem is that only my shamy affected by this... by this shit, my hunter, druid and dk are safe, while all my char's use same bar mod - bartender4.
    Swap to Dominos, Much better! ;D

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

have a look at your macrocache.txt
    you can find it under WTF\[account name]\[realm]\[character name]\macrocache.txt

macros are saved serversided since 3.0 i think, but if this file is present it overrides your macros.
    maybe its empty and somehow wow is unable to write into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mela
    have a look at your macrocache.txt
    you can find it under WTF\[account name]\[realm]\[character name]\macrocache.txt

macros are saved serversided since 3.0 i think, but if this file is present it overrides your macros.
    maybe its empty and somehow wow is unable to write into it.
    It cant be written, but after i log out all "new" data disapear... so, each time i log in i need type few macro again, and while im playing its working well, but if i log out and then log in back few (random) macros again miss...

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

That means it's not saving the macros to your local macro cache. The macrocache.txt file is only written on logout/reloadui. If you login/logout and macros are missing, that means they're not being saved.