Skipping eradication

Hi.

I am thinking of speccing affli again, but I feel like I am loosing some utility, why I am considering peeling a few points of Eradication for other talents. While considering this, I naturally wonder how much of a dps loss one or 2 points of eradication will bring, assuming below spec. Maybe someone with a tad more affinity to simcraft can help little me with this question?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...2,bdp-qe,11159

Re: Skipping eradication

And where would you put those points? If you want to severely gimp your dps for the sake of some better healthstones, go ahead, but i highly advise against it.

Eradication is an awesome talent, the more haste the better, and since this stat has a very high value for us, i can't see any reason why any talent would be worth taking over it.

Technically you could do that but a 20% increase in haste is a big buff. If you were to pull those 2 points away the only thing to really put them in is either Grim Reach, which only gives you more distance to throw dots, Destructive reach for more SB range or Fel Synergy for the pet heals. But you would be losing out alot on dps. I am a affl lock and that thing procs all the time, because with Everlasting Affliction being affect by multiple spells to renew Corruption, it is always up.

15+ Year Old Account

This is probably wrong, but I think it's close enough:

Haste is valued at 1.8 dps per rating.

1% Haste is ~33 rating.
    Therefore 1% haste is 60 dps.

1 Point in eradication is 360dps
    The 2nd Point adds 360 more dps
    The 3rd point adds 480.

There are not a lot of talents that increase your dps by 400 per point (on average). I don't think you should skip this one. Improved Felhunter or Death's Embrace give less (but I'm not sure how much less)

R.I.P. YARG

calcs are true but assume 100% uptime...i know i know, details.

but i'd agree. i took 1pt out of eradication a while back and noticed the difference on the first boss i tried. promptly put that point back. it procs enough to matter, i even see it going up multiple times in a row.

if the extra shadowbolts don't tickle your fancy, consider a 9-second drainsoul duration. watching 14k hits less than every 3 seconds during execute range is enough to tip the scales for me. when you're learning a new boss, it could mean the difference between a 2% wipe and new loot.

Ah, that is a major dps increase. I was planning to put one point in Fel Synergy to keep felhunter up and one point in Curse of Exhaustion to help kite adds on some 10-man encounters, but it's not worth much of a dps decrease. I guess I will nag my healers to keep the pet up better and let someone else kite adds.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Your pet won't die in ICC, Mine doesn't anyway.

Skipping Eradication is just a bad idea when you see what you would get in return.

Imp Drain Soul
    Grim Reach
    Fel Concentration
    Stamina
    Fel Synergy
    Imp Healthstone
    Cataclysm

Nothing is really worth it compared to 3/3 Eredication.

If you skip eradication you are a moron. Do not even consider it.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    This man (or women ;D) speak the truth. As affliction your raidleader should basicly let you stay on boss to 99% when its an addfight. Cycle corruption onto all adds and keep it at that. Those will do some nice damage and also you should be able to collect an eradication after 1-2 ticks.
    If your in a good guild you should never do more than corruption on adds such as at Deathwhisper, Saurfang (so far).

Eradication is GOD, next to Shadow Embrace for any affliction warlock.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

+20% casting speed.

Basically you have 6% chance to get your own personal Blood Lust/Heroism for 10 seconds that doesn't share a CD with anything else.... for 3 talent points.

Quote Originally Posted by Turboteckel
    Nothing is really worth it compared to 3/3 Eredication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    Eradication is GOD, next to Shadow Embrace for any affliction warlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerminator
    +20% casting speed.

Basically you have 6% chance to get your own personal Blood Lust/Heroism for 10 seconds that doesn't share a CD with anything else.... for 3 talent points.
    I don't have anything to add mate, Eradication is a MUST HAVE!

*grabs a news paper*
    *rolls up the news paper*
    *swats topicstarter on the nose*
    No, bad warlock.

Eradication is good, but what annoys me is the RNG factor of it. especially with RNG Nightfall.

although on one hand, 6% proc per tick when you take into account Glyph of Quick Decay and the proc itself then?

you're looking at faster ticks meaning more eradication procs too.