Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Got kicked for low dps in normal nexus.

I did 800dps in normal nexus on my 70 hunter and got kicked because my pet did same dmg done as me and because not doing 1500dps overall. Is this normal? Im leveling as BM so yeah my pet does equal dmg to mine and you are not as good as mage on this level but what the hell? Im not doing random level 70 dungeons to top meters but to level and they are kicking you if you have lower DPS than 1500? i mean wtf seriously?!
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Re: Got kicked for low dps in normal nexus.

Yeeeah, unless you're running around in raid gear from level 70, I doubt 1500 dps is normal. It's been a long while since I was 70, though.

My hunter at 70 was BM in full raid gear and was pulling like 1200-1300 dps. That was me burning my cds like crazy. I would say 800 dps in reg quest gear should have been fine.

And tank druid was claiming that 1500dps is average on this level... i can pull 1000 when i pop all cds and so but i cant do it on every pack and also this is not raid but random dungeon on your leveling road...
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

I just read the topic and asked myself, OMG really?
    some people can't reach 2k dps at lvl80, so I imagine 1.5k should be ok at lvl70
    doing 2k at lvl80 is quite bad though

Deleted

You did 800 dps in a normal lvl68 instance?
    Respectable for any lvl70 in questgear.

Unless, that is, you were indeed in full lvl70 raid epics. Still, since there are -to my best knowledge- no enrages on the bosses, you don't need xxx ammount of damage in any of the starting instances.

Trust me when I say they either did not like you or wanted the maximize the chance to get loot themselves, by kicking players with the same armor proficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    You did 800 dps in a normal lvl68 instance?
    Respectable for any lvl70 in questgear.

Unless, that is, you were indeed in full lvl70 raid epics. Still, since there are -to my best knowledge- no enrages on the bosses, you don't need xxx ammount of damage in any of the starting instances.

Trust me when I say they either did not like you or wanted the maximize the chance to get loot themselves, by kicking players with the same armor proficiency.
    nah mate im in northrend quest greens, they kicked me after just some trash and no there wasnt any other mail user in group, the wrost argument of this whole story to me is that my pet is doing same dmg as me when im damned BM hunter and separating pets damage from hunters to compare is most idiotic thing i heard in long time.

I don't know how they compare, but my 70 Rogue in BoA gear ( all of it minus Trinkets ) does 1400 consistently and can ping 2500+ with Blade Furry and AR.

On Topic, your dps was fine. The other were probably elitest people forgetting they aren't 8 and 70 is the new lvl1.
    "if i seem to be getting smaller ... its because i'm leaving"

The thing which killed me was druid linking mine 500DPS and ignoring pet's dps...how can someone do that? BM hunter focus on his pet isnt it true?

Tell him about when BW/Readiness was still around and we could pull 5K+ while wearing blues on Patches, and pets actually did more dps than you. He's a retard who doesn't know hunters. Get used to running into badly informed douches.

Anyone that kicks anyone from a lvl 70 normal dungeon for low dps is a complete noob.

Unless the low dps causes a wipe (which it almost certainly will not in normal dungeons or even heroics) then that is not acceptable.

Personally, I think if your pet is doing equal damage to you, then you may be doing something wrong (even has BM). I also think that 800-1000dps for a normal dungeon is fine.

There does seem to be a new trend forming, where people are determining what they think is acceptable dps for a class. Of course, many times I see people excuse their poor performance, if they are getting smoked by someone else. An Example is when I leveld the wife's hunter, I had achieved around 1500dps has a 72, the lvl 74 DK (who did around 500dps) said it was because Hunters are easier to play. Having leveld a Warrior, I kinda agree that Range has it good sometimes, but hardly a good excuse.

I'd suggest just taking a look at yourself, see if there are things you can do to improve your game, make sure you're not making any silly mistakes, like leaving growl and Thunderstomp on

On a side note, I just leveled the Wife's hunter over Christmas vacation and I actaully went Surv around lvl 72. I stayed qued for dungeons, which part of the reason I went Surv, but I completed 4 zones worth of questing and overall, Surv isn't that bad for leveling.

Damge meters don't work properly in cross-server partys.

There is no cross-server channel to sync the meters so everybody can only see the actions within a given radius (mostly 10 yards)
    If a meele or tank kicked you, then don't worry: the damage meter only showed the dps of your pet because you were too far away.

You need 800 dps to kill Gruul, a lvl 70 raid instance. Some people are just retarded.

10+ Year Old Account

Place him on your ignore list so you will never be grouped with him again, and then requeue for your dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelth

There is no cross-server channel to sync the meters so everybody can only see the actions within a given radius (mostly 10 yards)
    If a meele or tank kicked you, then don't worry: the damage meter only showed the dps of your pet because you were too far away.
    what?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelth

That's not completely true. Recount has done a fair amount of work getting the meters to work correctly. The past couple of days I've been asking at the end of the runs for cross realm people to post their recount scores, and they have consistently been within 1% of each other.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

u need 5.3k+ gearscore for normal nexus these days, didn't you get the memo?

Did a normal dungeon with my old 70 hunter recently. T6 geared. Went as SV though.
    Did just above 1200 during the whole run, me and pet combined.

Remember when doing Brutallus I reached maybe 2.5K or something like that. But that was 25man raidbuffed like crazy.

1500 for a normal dungeon when 70 is asking for to much. So your doing just fine.

Requiring 1500 dps at lvl 70 in normal nexus? Oh my god! Either you are lying to us or you ran into some of the biggest retards on your battlegroup. Christ, I've ran heroic ICC dungeons with guys that did <1500 dps many times and still made it without wipes. I did a hc pit of saron with a 900 dps deathknight once and it went fine (albeit a bit slow :P ).