Talisman vs Spyglass

Just trying to get some feedback. I was using Talisman of Resurgence, and I recently won Muradin's Spyglass. I'm not sure which to use. Rawr says the spyglass is about 12dps higher for me. I'm not sure if I just need to test it out longer, but the initial bang from my veins macro is gone, as well as a ton of mana that I miss already

So, anyone have an opinion? And here is my armory link in case anyone cares to have a look...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...strasza&n=Evee

Re: Talisman vs Spyglass

Rawr knows things.

Quote Originally Posted by Evee
    Just trying to get some feedback. I was using Talisman of Resurgence, and I recently won Muradin's Spyglass. I'm not sure which to use. Rawr says the spyglass is about 12dps higher for me. I'm not sure if I just need to test it out longer, but the initial bang from my veins macro is gone, as well as a ton of mana that I miss already

So, anyone have an opinion? And here is my armory link in case anyone cares to have a look...

12 DPS isn't so much that it's a landslide.

If you like higher DPS, go for Spyglass. If you like burstier (but lower overall) DPS, go for Talisman.

If you disconnect a lot and lose your Spyglass stacks...

And if you change your gear or spec, go back to rawr. Repeat thought process.

Quote Originally Posted by Evee

Rawr is probably not even including the SP stacks if it's only rating it at 12dps better.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    Rawr is probably not even including the SP stacks if it's only rating it at 12dps better.
    Is this a joke? The crit rating alone on spyglass would put it below pretty much every trinket in game. Solace would be above it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    Is this a joke? The crit rating alone on spyglass would put it below pretty much every trinket in game. Solace would be above it.
    Dunno, but I've had issues with Rawr and stacking trinkets before, and 12 dps sounds low

My installation of rawr suggests 25 dps increase for the OP.

Well, according to rawr/simulationcraft...the spyglass is giving me rougly a 100dps increase at the moment. With the 2 piece tier10 bonus the talisman is coming back better, by a good amt. I guess it's just going to depend on situation and other gear upgrades later on.

15+ Year Old Account

Strange, I get the Spyglass significantly ahead of Talisman with and without 2pt10. Are you missing any buffs? What's your haste and intellect at?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX
    Strange, I get the Spyglass significantly ahead of Talisman with and without 2pt10. Are you missing any buffs? What's your haste and intellect at?
    get 2piece t10, haste will be about as valuable as sp, even more at some point, lesser again

--> with enough haste, u can get 3 AB casts going with the 2p buff

--> got enough hast for 3? it's value decreases

--> nearly able to get 4 in there? it's value up's again
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by therealpeni
    get 2piece t10, haste will be about as valuable as sp, even more at some point, lesser again

--> with enough haste, u can get 3 AB casts going with the 2p buff

--> got enough hast for 3? it's value decreases

--> nearly able to get 4 in there? it's value up's again
    Neither of these trinkets affects haste. My question about haste, intellect and buffs is whether something in the OP's setup is causing them to go OOM prematurely, which would give the Talisman a huge leg up in DPS.

(And yes, I saw the armory link, but it's not working. You'd think after a few years it wouldn't be 'beta' anymore...)

Spyglass251 was just barely above talisman for me before 2pc, haven't checked after since abyssal rune took the lead over both. I stuck with talisman because other people needed it, plus I rather liked the mana cushion.

15+ Year Old Account

I do kind of miss the mana cushion, but with ICC gear, I'm starting to make up the 128 intellect anyway. I was the only caster DPS in the ICC10 where it dropped.

Looks like Talisman will start to catch up once gear improves. It looks like it will go from ~60 dps difference for me now to about ~30 dps difference. Of course, by then, I hope to have a DFO to replace both of them.

Muradin's Spyglass is much better and you don't have to use the proc