I'm respeccing bear...but have never tanked before.

I'm currently balance/resto but was considering respeccing bear from balance when cataclysm comes. However now I'd like to respec early, although this raises some issues.

- I need to get gear from scratch. In Cata I would get it from leveling.
    - I've never tanked with any class before, although I have read up on bear tanking.
    - I'll be starting in random hc's but would I be able to keep aggro against the probably much better geared people?

Thanks for your advice
    Roses are red, Violets are blue,
    Some poems rhyme, this one doesn't.

Re: I'm respeccing bear...but have never tanked before.

Run randoms now and use triumph badges to buy gear. Once u spec bear you'll relize how retarded ez it is to feral tank.
    Aoe Pulls- swipe+maul, mangle your Main Threat target
    Single Target/Boss- FF every cd, Mangle every cd, 5 stack lacerate, swipe when your not doing all that, and always maul if you have the rage.
    spec is debatable but I perfer MSS over imp mangle.

Sig Courtesy of Yoni

Thanks!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaris
    - I'll be starting in random hc's but would I be able to keep aggro against the probably much better geared people?
    I don't tank at this point... but from what I'm seeing in random heroics, even badly geared/badly played druids are doing fine at the aggro game.

You didn't hear it from me, but if someone does pull off you, you can always play the "you pull it, you tank it" game...

I'm a feral dps main spec... for heroics I don't even put on tank gear. So MSS spec w/ 25ICC kitty gear tanking I usually do about 6K aoe tanking and 4-4,500 single target. Find a dps that can pull off me w/o frost pres or RF and I'll show u a hacker.

Sig Courtesy of Yoni

Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum
    I don't tank at this point... but from what I'm seeing in random heroics, even badly geared/badly played druids are doing fine at the aggro game.

You didn't hear it from me, but if someone does pull off you, you can always play the "you pull it, you tank it" game...
    Or u can be a nice tank and taunt it back(exclude here the overconfident dps that thinks he can replace u ez and start pulling for u:P they deserve to die). Just dinged on my drood and atm at aoe packs i do loose agro in aoe situation but taunt is my friend:P (tho i hate boomkins that start hurricane a sec before i even manage to gather them good ;P, is there some problem with them? cuz i haven't seen so often a mage or warlock rushing to aoe that fast)

Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum
    Lol, although I'd feel a bit guilty. I'm normally that guy who "pulls it".

Wait till you get those boomkins who typhoon mobs all over the place. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee
    or the dk who decides that he doesn't want to walk to what you're tanking so he deathgrips it to himself...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee
    Or those elemental shamans that don't glyph thunderstorm.

That might be me.... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Or those elemental shamans that don't glyph thunderstorm.
    Sorry, tanks hate my kind....

Our class is complex, and requires thought, but at the same time it's like... zoom zoom pewpew... know what I mean?

Sorry for the spelling , english isn´t my main laguaje =P
    Yes I..erm..I can see that...

Lunaris I did this just a few weeks ago. I started and then went back to healing.
    Read the bear guide here and also the guide on the official forms.
    "Bear tanking 3.3 and beyond" it has a lot of info too.

I used a lot of time and badges getting some gear. But it just didn't feel like I could do it.
    The other day I talked to some of the great people here and right now I am swapping out some gear
    and going again. I have a thread here about my gear and questions.
    Just do it a few times in the regular dungeons you have run a lot and it gets a LOT easier.
    Hey with some good friends I even tanked pits and hor. Man I didn't know female dk's screamed that loud ROFL

with the randoms you are usually stuck with a great healer or MY GOD does he know he is the healer????