Thread: Mage Help

Mage Help

Hey guys I was just looking for help on my mage because my DPS seems to be low for my gear. Heres my armory link

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...unner&n=Flumox

My rotation is AB x 4 untill Missile Barrage then Missiles and repeat.

Lookin for any suggestions!

I know im missing shoulder and head enchants im workin on gettin em
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

Re: Mage Help

first thing i would do is drop all that hit.. youre way over the cap. Other than that your gear is decent, aside from your trinkets which are both terrible for arcane. If youre chain casting I'd expect 5.5k+

what exactly is the hit cap? Cause all my hit is coming from the teir gear haha. but thanks for the reply. yea im bouncing between like 3k-5k. Some of it has to do w the fight but even stationary fights it might pingpong a bit
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

15+ Year Old Account

210 If you have a Shadow Priest or Boomkin (you should in 25-mans). 289 otherwise.

If you're alliance and have a draenei, you need 187/263, but that's annoying to gear for, so I just assume I won't have one in my group.

Deleted

I'll agree on the bad trinkets. Easy to get significant upgrades include Talisman of Resurgence and Abyssal Rune. But perhaps the biggest problem is the hit. If you can count on running with a moonkin or spriest + a draenei you only need 7% hit as arcane. Your haste seems alright.

15+ Year Old Account

Oh yeah, what's with the awful gemming?

Helm: If you're going to miss out on a socket bonus, use a pure spell power gem, not spell power/haste. Also, in this case, you are better off getting the socket bonus.

Chest: Again, WTF with the sockets? Pure spell power if you're skipping out on socket bonuses. In this case you put a red gem in the yellow socket and a yellow gem in the blue socket? At least put the yellow in the yellow...

Waist: The bonus BS socket should always be pure red.

Finally, do your weekly WG quests and/or turn your WG marks and stone keeper shards in for honor to buy real gems. Stop being cheap.

To drop hit, get Merlin's Robe crafted or get the t10 chest (preferably the t10, if you have the frosts). Get the wand off the first boss in ToC 10 (ToGC 10 if you can, but even the ToC 10 one is better since you're over hit cap). Get the Shriveled Heart from H HoR for an offhand.

Also, what everyone else said about trinkets. Talisman of Resurgence/Abyssal Rune should beat out both of your trinkets.