Thread: Blood DK

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blood DK

Its a simple and straightforward question, is the blood tree going to change, i mean it seems that blood has fallen into oblivion. I haven't seen anything new with blood for quite some time, and its slowly starting to frustrate me, i am not QQing or anyting just simply asking, if we are going to see something new (be that a nerf or a buff or anything really), any time soon ?_?

Re: Blood DK

ask this in the dk forum you'll get better results i'd imagine
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

I doubt you will get any serious awnser untill you post this in the appropriate forum...

Where could i post this, thx in advance for info .

Quote Originally Posted by Metalgod
    Its a simple and straightforward question, is the blood tree going to change, i mean it seems that blood has fallen into oblivion. I haven't seen anything new with blood for quite some time, and its slowly starting to frustrate me, i am not QQing or anyting just simply asking, if we are going to see something new (be that a nerf or a buff or anything really), any time soon ?_?
    Probably only the devs know that but I think they are probably happy with blood for now as they havent changed anything for a while. I think thats a good sign they havent as they have changed the specs quite a lot since release of wotlk.

My guess is all specs will get changed a bit in Cata, but for now my thinking is that Blood will probably stay the same. As for Unholy, I wouldn't be surprised if we see another iteration before WoTLK is over.

Blood scales well and in short fights (less than 2 mins) outshines unholy. Once people have a majority 260+ ilevel gear, I would not be surprised if blood gets more in line with unholy on single targets.

Hmm yeah, but so far frost DW can pull more dps on single target then blood, which is utter crap, since blood is the "Single target" spec, at least all talents are leaning that way. I would like to see some twist with blood spec, since blood spec is all about hitting hs, ds and timing drw with ur buffs etc, whilist unholy and frost are much more variable.

I haven't seen DW frost doing more than a well played blood spec, but then again I haven't raided with a decent frost DK in a long while.

Blood for DPS is awesome for burst, but sustained it lacks severely compared to Unholy. I don't know if Blizzard will buff Blood in the coming mini-patch in preparation for the next ICC wings and Arena Season. Blood is pretty abysmal, and I don't think there are any ICC fights where it could even enter the same ballpark as Unholy. The only thing that could possibly buff Blood for sustained damage is to give Heart Strike an MS/Bleed effect. Outside of that, I don't think it's such a bad idea to have Blood be the Tank tree, Unholy be the 2H DPS tree, and Frost being the DW tree. That said, I do miss the days of Dancing Rune Weapon and Hysteria, but I think those days are done and over.

Personally I like blood the way it is, it's easy, straight forward, and on most single target fights it almost always beats the other two spec's
    Erm...the Unholy DK's in your guild/server must be terribad if you are beating them as blood. Either that, or you've found a way to hack the game and already have Shadowmourne. A blood DK should NEVER beat an Unholy DK who is on par with gear (unless the fight is only lasting less than or equal to 2 minutes). That's no knock against you, maybe you are a bamf with blood and you know your shit. But the parses and numbers show that Unholy utterly decimated blood on every single raid boss (unless your quoted statement was pertaining to Heroics, then yes, Blood destroys Unholy since the boss fights are only a minute or so).

Can someone redirect me to some sort of site or forum where i can pose this question, and maybe get an answer from a GM or something like that, would be much appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account

not being nerfed or buffed is a sign that the devs think you're in a good place, whether you think that's a good thing or not is another matter. blood has been a very good dps spec for a couple of patches now (aside from Unholy for AoEing or bringing Ebon Plague), it wouldn't be surprising if devs wanted other specs to have their time in the sun.

Hmm well blood has been least tempered with, such as unholy and frost have gotten the attention right from the start of wotlk, blood has got 1 buff and 1 nerf during many patches unlike unholy and frost who have gotten various changes and attention. Blood dps is good for a short fight, after 2 min u dps starts to fall down rapidly and vastly, on the other hand with unholy and frost u can have a steady dps which is better on the long run. I am not QQing here just asking IF there is going to be any change with blood soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch_70
    Erm...the Unholy DK's in your guild/server must be terribad if you are beating them as blood. Either that, or you've found a way to hack the game and already have Shadowmourne. A blood DK should NEVER beat an Unholy DK who is on par with gear (unless the fight is only lasting less than or equal to 2 minutes). That's no knock against you, maybe you are a bamf with blood and you know your shit. But the parses and numbers show that Unholy utterly decimated blood on every single raid boss (unless your quoted statement was pertaining to Heroics, then yes, Blood destroys Unholy since the boss fights are only a minute or so).
    Blood kicks the shit out of unholy on any 1-2 target fight. I don't know what you're smoking, but wander over to world of logs and you'll see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by topfer
    Blood kicks the shit out of unholy on any 1-2 target fight. I don't know what you're smoking, but wander over to world of logs and you'll see for yourself.
    Say what?

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/dkt/9/0/3 - Check Festergut. You mad bro?

Edit: World of Logs on Festergut: First blood dk is at Page 27, rank 1071 - http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...N/dps/?page=27

To OP: We will have to see. Number crunchers over at EJ have found that in mostly 264 ICC+ gear, blood WILL be able to softcap ArP without gemming, so we don't know currently. For now I'd suggest going unholy, it's much better DPS and i find it MUCH more enjoyable then blood.
    Prophecy are recruiting! Visit our website at http://warcraft-prophecy.net/ to find out more.

Blood kicks the shit out of unholy on any 1-2 target fight.
    If this is true, then find me a top 25 raid parse on any of the popular parsing websites that shows a Blood DK beating out an Unholy DK on Twin Val'kyr. If your logic is feasable, then having two bosses side-by-side would clearly give Blood the upperhand...right?

No, they don't. Blood is inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by topfer
    I lol'd

They're changing all talent trees to some degree in Cata.

I'm not entirely sure why people post their opinions as absolute law. Yes, I play as Blood. Yes I did over 9400 dps on saurfang and fester with a 5470 GS. Yes, Unholy parses have DK's over 10k(in better gear the bastards). Unholy is a more popular spec with certain benefits blood doesn't have. Yes, Blood has high burst in necessary moments that Unholy doesn't have. Throw in adds, unholy dominates. Both specs are competitive, just do what you enjoy.

I personally enjoy 18k heart strikes and 21k death strikes when all my shizz procs at the same time.

Can anyone reply to me where i can pose this question and get more serious answer ?