What happened to the Frozen Throne?

So after Saurfang died, after dodging the mist and whatever, I took full notice of the Spire within ICC. Standing on that platform halfway in, you can look ALL the way up the Spire without seeing the top, and ALL the way down the Spire without seeing the bottom. What the hell happened? Did it just suddenly grow like a tree or what?

I remember the Frozen Throne being a short walk up a staircase that rung around three times, but in-game it's gigantic and that staircase is missing...

Re: What happened to the Frozen Throne?

Ice melts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    It will be the first ground mount to carry more than 2 players. It will require at least one other worgen player to operate and can carry up to 2 non-worgen players.

I think it will be called [Harness]
    - On Worgen Mounts

Not that ice, with those conditions, in that place. I'm sure.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

The throne itself will still have the spiral look to it, the thing you are seeing is the center spire of ICC, a required aspect of the architecture of any citadel

Chipped off the walkway part of the spiral to prevent anyone from just waltzing up. And we just misinterpreted the overall size and scale.

Makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight
    Retconned!

Just like half of wow, what works in an RTS doesn't always work in an MMO, just sit back and relax!
    That's not a retcon. They pretty specifically show all the forges and the anvils and whatnot to show that he simply built around it.

Well considering it was ice from the twisting nether that was thrown into northrend by Kil'jaeden it is a different ice...who knows its melting/freezing temp so it could have melted a bit...

But i theorize that also considering that the entire citadel wasn't around it before Arthas came along, that building the citadel may have caused some digging and chipping away at the original spire and thus it appeared 'taller' plus who needs stairs when he can ride Sindy and also im sure teleport or whatever he does to keep appearing everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmer
    Chipped off the walkway part of the spiral to prevent anyone from just waltzing up. And we just misinterpreted the overall size and scale.

Makes sense to me.
    This too

Surely if you have seen the trailer to Warcraft III: The frozen Throne (I believe it's this movie, either way it's a Warcraft movie at least)
    You can see how huge the Spire really is. It's pretty darn huge on that one.

here's the clip I meant: http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=LGu7CVr9tGo#t=145