Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Got kicked... because i was a hunter...

Quote Originally Posted by DahLliA
    hunters not using misdirect are retards. same for rogues not using tricks.

too bad that is like 99% of each class...
    if tanks need MD for aggro then they are retarded!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodelfer
    no they aint... i myself to 8-9k single target dps as a survival hunter, and i tbh say GL and HF keeping aggro off me without me misdirecting, FD'ing or having vigilance on me.

if a Healer dies, its the tanks fault.
    if a Tank dies, its the Healers fault.
    if a dps overaggro or dies, its he's own damn fault.

True wisdom is to look beyond your own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodelfer
    Do you tank? Because I can tell you without a MD my opening volley of attacks will peel aggro off of just about any tank. Add in if I happen to crit some, or all, of those attacks and im FD'ing before I get my 2nd steady shot off. Besides in heroics the goal is to get done as fast as possible. MD lets me keep my foot on the gas and kill faster.

Quote Originally Posted by warptwist
    no they aint... i myself to 8-9k single target dps as a survival hunter, and i tbh say GL and HF keeping aggro off me without me misdirecting, FD'ing or having vigilance on me.

if a Healer dies, its the tanks fault.
    if a Tank dies, its the Healers fault.
    if a dps overaggro or dies, its he's own damn fault.

I laugh at this. Being a tank myself and usually running the random hc every day with guildies that all pull the same dps as you, I have no trouble holding aggro at all. Most stuff dies in a matter of seconds anyway in heroics. If the tank isn't good enough that he can't hold aggro against you then those 4s of MD aren't going to make a big difference. It might be good to use at the beginning of a boss fight to negate a possible miss of abilities of the tank or on gimmick fights where dps is going through the roof.

15+ Year Old Account

Please, if an MM hunter doesn't pull aggro off you in about 3 shots it was either because:

1. He did give you MD.
    2. He was waiting before starting dps
    3. He didn't get any crits, it does happen but is unlikely.
    4. You critted just about everything.
    5. You have buffs that benefit you a whole lot more than they do him.
    6. The hunter sucks ass.

Hunters are one of, if not THE, threat heaviest classes in the game due to no spec having
    any threat reduction aside from the damage that is done by the pet. Couple this with two
    extremely hard hitting abilities with virtually no ramp-up time what so ever and a crit chance
    that makes it more likely than not that they will crit and you have yourself an overaggro
    situation as long as MD and/or FD wasn't used.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vander Nars
    Ill kick a hunter is he misdirect me without me asking.
    Good luck with that, you wont (no matter how good you THINK you are) be able to hold agro from a survival hunter if he doesnt MD you.

When I have a group like that I go: Look over me, not you. The animation is over me now, not the tank, now who's the tard, DK? :P

lol @ tanks who think their threat is awesome because they don't know that we're MD'ing to them.

I laugh at this. Being a tank myself and usually running the random hc every day with guildies that all pull the same dps as you, I have no trouble holding aggro at all. Most stuff dies in a matter of seconds anyway in heroics. If the tank isn't good enough that he can't hold aggro against you then those 4s of MD aren't going to make a big difference. It might be good to use at the beginning of a boss fight to negate a possible miss of abilities of the tank or on gimmick fights where dps is going through the roof.
    Please keep in mind that unlike many classes hunters do not have any kind of threat reduction talents built in. You're getting 100% of our threat generated. That being said if you are running heroics with a group of raid geared guildmates its doesn't matter as the mobs are going to die fast anyway. However when you are in a group where you are doing 50% or more of the total damage odds are that those same guildmates you run with would have aggro in a heartbeat with a lesser geared tank.

I think one of the most annoying things about the cross-realm LFG is the fact that because people aren`t on your realm, or they don`t know you and may never see you again.. that gives them the right to be a total ass and do whatever they want or whatever they want to say in an instance.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Deleted

Become the group leader, problem goes away.

but i actually do see alot of good hunters recently.. although, ALOT.. almost everyone one of them, never uses misdirection, even when told.
    i'd prefer it if they just used it constantly, without being asked.

especially coz im tanking

Quote Originally Posted by Bartikowski
    Can't tell you how many bad tanks I've had to demonstrate the animation change to so far.

"WHY ARE YOU MISDIRECTING YOURSELF!!!!?!?!?!?!?"

/facepalm

This game really is in a sorry state.

Had something like this aswell. In tempest keep i was making a mount run, Then a random warlock goes in /raid ; ROFL, Look at that hunter he's MD'ing himself!!! LAMO, i replied with: So if i md the agro i make to myself then what does MD do? He proberly didn't understand and went: LOL UR SUCH A NOOB /leaveraid. I lost hope in humanity on that day.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

^ A new and orginal change.. OH WAIT

Inbefore QQ about my avatar if you want removed, but remember, baby seals die in the process off it's removal!!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa
    Please keep in mind that unlike many classes hunters do not have any kind of threat reduction talents built in. You're getting 100% of our threat generated. That being said if you are running heroics with a group of raid geared guildmates its doesn't matter as the mobs are going to die fast anyway. However when you are in a group where you are doing 50% or more of the total damage odds are that those same guildmates you run with would have aggro in a heartbeat with a lesser geared tank.
    threat reduction? what is FD?

Quote Originally Posted by d3sign8t3dDruNk

After we wiped, I asked the guy to take his pet off aggressive and he claimed it wasnt and he proceeded to tell me it was a "tanking" issue. Excuse me, but if you cant control ur class, DONT FUCKING PLAY one that has a pet?
    Sorry to break it to you, but it is a tanking issue
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellevad View Post
    The polymorph turtle doesn't walk slower than the polymorph sheep. It's just a bit less likely to be hit on by a welshman

Quote Originally Posted by tet
    Read what he said.... he didnt say hunter have no threat reductions what so ever he said "Hunters dont have any threat reduction via talents"

FD is a threat dump. The guy you quoted is talking about built-in threat reduction (like Fanaticism for ret pallies).

15+ Year Old Account

what is FD?
    on cooldown

Problem is that bad (=uninformed) tanks and players don't know about md changes because they a) don't know it b) don't know how it works/is displayed currently because they probably only run with first-char-BM-hunters so far who do damage lower than the tank (=technically unable to pull aggro) and the last time they saw a MD was in molten core.

It is no excuse to act like a dick to a class that is mostly played by people who don't know stuff (because they don't care). At least hunters are no longer alone as 'huntards' since wotlk when 'dork knights' joined their ranks. Good players have to suffer under the bad reputation of this classes. It's sad but you can't do anything about it..you can prevent it for the future by showing people *well* played hunters/death knights. (You'll never change the guy who calls every warrior 'tank')

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe
    on cooldown
    epic
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Vander Nars
    Ill kick a hunter is he misdirect me without me asking.

what are you talking about????

I MD the tank every pull that I'm able. I have never had anyone complain about it, and I have been doing it ever since TBC when the cooldown was 2 mins.

Do you mean you will kick a hunter if he MD's the mobs to you before you pull?
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger