Poll: Should warlocks be allowed to use teleport in wsg while holding the flag?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Warlocks teleport with flag in wsg

I think its pretty lame that a warlock can make a port at the top of the base and just jump down whenever being chased and then port back up when in everything chasing it has jumped down. I think the flag should be droped on use of spell. Please say why you chose the way you did.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Re: Warlocks teleport with flag in wsg

Oh god, shut the fuck up.
    Stupid shit
    If mages can Iceblock, Blink, Ice Nova with the flag, warlocks should be able to teleport. It is the only survivability cooldown that we have, that is not as effective in most situations as other cooldowns but in WSG it finally has more utility.

Deleted

Remove blink, sprint, shield wall etc aswell then. Teleport is one of the few things warlocks have that really can save us if we get more then 1 player on us. Just learn to adjust to it, its not like the teleporter is that hard to spot.

Was going to pick no because in certain situations, teleport could be an ability that wins the game for you.

However, I picked the sky is falling because that seems to make more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acrimony
    Oh god, shut the fuck up.
    Stupid shit
    If mages can Iceblock, Blink, Ice Nova with the flag, warlocks should be able to teleport. It is the only survivability cooldown that we have, that is not as effective in most situations as other cooldowns but in WSG it finally has more utility.
    Mages can't Iceblock with the flag, Blink has LoS complications, Ice Nova can be dispelled.

Deleted

Placing the port on top of the lolztower and jumping down is a very cheap tactic, because it places the opposing player in a lose/lose situation.

I´d pick the option that says they should drop the flag when using teleport, but there isn't one.

I think Druids shapeshifting is a worse issue than Lock-teleporting.

Hey, at least they have to set it up in beforehand.

If you want to remove the teleport from warlocks, we should also do that the following spells make you drop the flag:

Sprint, Hand of Freedom, Power Word: Shield (With Body and Soul), Unholy Presence, Fleet Footed, Pursuit of Justice, Charge, Intervene, Intercept, Disengage, Aspect of the Pack/Cheetah, Dash, Cat Form (Improved that makes you faster), Blink...

And about everything else that players got to flee from another player, or gives them an "unfair advantage"

AHH THE SKY IS FALLING. SHIT.

then please also make the flag drop when the following abilities are used:

Druid - Travel Form
    Hunter - Disengage
    Mage - Blink
    Rogue - Sprint
    Warrior - Charge

actually, why not make it drop on any cc?

actually, why not make it drop on any ability or spellcast?

wouldn't want returning the flag to be hard would we?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Naft
    If you want to remove the teleport from warlocks, we should also do that the following spells make you drop the flag:

Sprint, Hand of Freedom, Power Word: Shield (With Body and Soul), Unholy Presence, Fleet Footed, Pursuit of Justice, Charge, Intervene, Intercept, Disengage, Aspect of the Pack/Cheetah, Dash, Cat Form (Improved that makes you faster), Blink...

And about everything else that players got to flee from another player, or gives them an "unfair advantage"

I fail to see how any of these create a lose/lose situation similar to a teleport on top of a building then jumping down.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame
    I fail to see how any of these create a lose/lose situation similar to a teleport on top of a building then jumping down.
    As they all give the player an unfair advantage over class X.

Or do you want me to start a thread: Omg, it's so unfair Druids can shapeshift out of slows when carrying the WSG flag (Just an example) If I can't do it, I don't want anyone else to be able to do it cause it's so unfair!

Deleted

As they all give the player an unfair advantage over class X.

Or do you want me to start a thread: Omg, it's so unfair Druids can shapeshift out of slows when carrying the WSG flag (Just an example) If I can't do it, I don't want anyone else to be able to do it cause it's so unfair!
    An unfair advantage =/= lose/lose situation.
    If a player sprints, movement impair.
    If a player charges, mount up, /rofl and movement impair.
    If a player shapeshifts, new movement impair.

How does one counter portal on top of a building, really? You jump down, you lose. You stay, you lose.
    At least with movement increasing effects, you have a chance of stopping them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame
    An unfair advantage =/= lose/lose situation.
    If a player sprints, movement impair.
    If a player charges, mount up, /rofl and movement impair.
    If a player shapeshifts, new movement impair.

How does one counter portal on top of a building, really? You jump down, you lose. You stay, you lose.
    At least with movement increasing effects, you have a chance of stopping them.
    Seeing as it's the only thing a warlock got to counter more than one player (as said before, thanks for that) and as you can counter the teleport since the warlock can't speed increase while you can (probably), you can catch up to him about as fast as he teleported, if you can't notice him, wait for him somewhere.. You know he's still stuck in the building for atleast five seconds..

claiming warlock portal is anything similar to blink or charge is ridiculous... make portal unusable unless in los and maybe we can talk...

10+ Year Old Account

No.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

Lock jumps up with flag and runs down ramp to tunnel.
    You go to tunnel.
    You kill Lock.

Lock jumps up with flag, hops down to mid level, and runs out past the gy/other hill to middle of field.
    You leave your flag room on the right hand side of the room.
    You kill Lock.

Not so hard.

I think a large number of people here fail to see the differnece between an ability that makes a class run faster and an ability to take a player completely out of harms way without droping the flag.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

1) Send more than one person after the lock
    2) Have ONLY one person chase the lock off the roof
    3) Wait for the lock to teleport back up (Hint: it's the BIG GREEN CIRCLE)
    4) Ambush him with the other people who did not jump down
    5) ???
    6) Profit

Seeing as it's the only thing a warlock got to counter more than one player (as said before, thanks for that) and as you can counter the teleport since the warlock can't speed increase while you can (probably), you can catch up to him about as fast as he teleported, if you can't notice him, wait for him somewhere.. You know he's still stuck in the building for atleast five seconds..
    If only Warlocks had a way to peel multiple attackers, like say ahttp://www.wowhead.com/?spell=17928 right?

Rogues drop it when they vanish and I do believe Paladins drop it when they bubble, therefore it's only fair that you drop the flag when you use your teleport as a Warlock, since technically you're using an ability that makes everyone unable to touch you (LoS) and that makes you disappear from battle, like Vanish.