Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Archaic Warlock spells that need a face-lift in Cataclysm...

For Inferno, it should be just a special Rain of Fire. A few infernal meteors hit the ground, dealing damage and stunning enemies, then sit there for a moment, exploding into 3 infernals. Id say give it a 2-3m CD and bump the damage of it to be 3x that of rain of fire, but keep the damage of the infernals themselves down to that of the Trees balance druids get.

For Shadowflame, I dont think there is too much wrong with it, I just dont like its cast point, over your head, I always have problems aiming it. It should work like Cone of Cold, just a wide cast out infront of you, maybe buff the damage a little.

I think metamorphosis needs to be totally reworked, along with the demo tree, it should be made into a tank tree, yes, a tank tree. If you werent aware, meta gives 6% uncrit while active, Ive tanked some 5 mans with it... for 15 seconds that is.
    It should be made a permanent form, remove the 20 damage buff ( and shadow cleave prolly, I almost never used this ) and give it a spell pushback reduction and higher threat. Demon Armor buffs armor and the amount of healing taken, and two pets, the void and felguard buff your damage taken reduction. Just a thought though really, I just think its time for a ranged tank

Remake all dot system is totally outdated.Since BC the debuffer class is break,we survive with mathematical adjustments in coefficients but dont resolve nothing.
    Other classes have other dot systems that work better,like Dk with diseases,Rogue with poisons etc...

Remake fear make it less powerfull but give us more defensive movement with new spells.

Remake demonologist to be a real demon tree not a felguard only tree.New demons and mini demon tree like hunters.

More instants not only damage spells,defensive spells too.

Remake fel armor and demon armor.

Make meta instant in combat(all combat)...druds can be tree or cat...i gona be a demon ;D

PLZ no more pet dependence in affli and destrucion for survival or dps,the pet ever make utility funtions not base core for this specs.

summon portal. liek omgaz most useless ability in our spellbook.
    (/sarcasm by the way)

I really do get my jollies off when im raiding on my paladin and there is not a warlock in the group and people realize they have to actually do the "work" of getting to the raid by themselves.

It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldboy
    Remake all dot system is totally outdated.Since BC the debuffer class is break,we survive with mathematical adjustments in coefficients but dont resolve nothing.
    Other classes have other dot systems that work better,like Dk with diseases,Rogue with poisons etc...

Remake fear make it less powerfull but give us more defensive movement with new spells.

Remake demonologist to be a real demon tree not a felguard only tree.New demons and mini demon tree like hunters.

More instants not only damage spells,defensive spells too.

Remake fel armor and demon armor.

Make meta instant in combat(all combat)...druds can be tree or cat...i gona be a demon ;D

PLZ no more pet dependence in affli and destrucion for survival or dps,the pet ever make utility funtions not base core for this specs.

This post made me lol irl. :D

I hope you're not serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifersam
    Ok I'm kind of a warlock noob, got a 67 affliction lock I've been enjoying immensely... The sheer amount of stuff you are able to do is great! And yeah some of the archaic spells are situational at best... but reading this thread I was surprised no one mentioned Soul Fire. Six second cast, costs a shard, damage is very underwhelming.. I expected there to be some support ability to make it a useful nuke like a mage's PoM pyroblast, so far haven't seen anything.

So what is the deal with Soul Fire ???
    Quote Originally Posted by ZzXK
    Go Demo and spec for decimation but other than that the spell is useless. (BTW with decimation, its only useful when the mob/boss you are fighting is 35%
    I dunno about u guys but i find it a very useful spell when fighting rabbits and other critters aswell as for ganking!

Quote Originally Posted by aejt
    This post made me lol irl.

I hope you're not serious.
    Especulation is fun,i hope you understand...

Pd:The first time that happened demon form was named in a forum with an idea that seemed stupid but people amused.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deyman
    Ritual of Doom, My warlock has been lvl80 for a month now, how do i get this? ;D
    Quest in Badlands (the demon area)
    Also drops from some mobs there (very low drop chance though).

I aprove the Hellfire Knockback idea, couse it would add some "survival" bonus in PvE and PvP. I wouldn't mind sacrificing health for it.

And like I said in some other post, I want a skill that makes you switch demons on instant, without the damned CD (switch, not summon. Important note. Pet dead = no switch). Make ets more viable for different fases on a boss. Now that would make it interesting. A class that actually switches pets depending on the phase the boss is in.
    Dawwwwwww

Soulfire has it's use in PVP, if you have someone in a full seduce/fear, it allows you to throw a big nuke while keeping chaos bolt off CD for awesome piewpiew goodness. Drain mana is a wonderful tool in 2s, a bit like manaburn. It's never a no-brainer, but it's an excellent alternative to damage to put someone on the defensive (lock/druid vs priest/anything specially)

The most important thing to fix would be shadowflame. I am absolutely in love with it as having to be in melee and being anti melee, and being an instant cone-type spell, it gives using it quite a high skillcap. The retarded thing is that if you plan on using it, you HAVE to glyph it, and this is a very bad design. Fix pl0x!