Poll: If Bryntroll gets nerfed will Shadow Edge be better?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Upcomeing Bryntroll nerff?will Shadow Edge be better?

People have no idea how the legendary quest works. Just because the dk tank gets the axe first doesn't mean he's getting the legendary. That shards don't even drop until you've killed sindragosa. 4+ people will have the quest axe by then.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xentin
    When will people learn. When figuring out who gets the legendary in the guild its not always cut and dry.

If you were in a guild with a plate 2H DPS class who joined the guild a week ago, and a tank who has been with the guild for many years, would you still give it to the DPS?

Personally our guilds is giving it to our Blood DK tank. You can call us stupid all you want and QQ about how much DPS we are losing, blah blah blah. However we are in the exact situation above.

• Blood DK tank is our GM and created the guild 4 years ago and has been the raid leader/GM ever since with near 100% attendance.
    • Our Arms warrior ebayed his account.
    • Our Retri Paladin can only make around 33-50% of our raids due to school commitments.
    • Our Fury Warrior joined the guild a couple months ago.
    • Our Unholy DK joined the guild 3 months ago.

Who would you give it to?
    How convient for your GM to be a DK, which has only been in the game for a year now, to claim the legendary for himself. I wonder if he just recently switched his DK to his main, say, around the time Shadowmourne was announced, and all of a sudden no one else is fit to get the shards. I'd have more respect for the guy if he just admitted he was going to switch to dps as soon as he got the Legendary, and you recruited a new tank. At least the Legendary would be getting used to its fullest extent. Selfish GM is selfish.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Memouri
    Or they just wanted to pull a GM card on a DPS weapon. Or just not trusting in their own members and think those ones will bounce.. which is what I'm sure it comes down to for a lot of guilds whether they'd like to admit it or not(since it would just cause drama).

As said the things that should matter the most are DPS/attendance/commitment/etc. Any serious guild should have players with all of the above. If you have members for 3+ months and you can't trust them yet, well that's kinda sad for them I guess o-o

And it really doesn't matter how you look at it, sure shadow's edge on a tank why not, but shadowmourne? Just a waste of shards :P
    Good news, everyone- Shadow's Edge is not limited to one person per server, per faction, per guild, per raid.

If I recall theres no Nerf, they are fixing a bug with DKs and Rets double dipping.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dregas_Volar
    If I recall theres no Nerf, they are fixing a bug with DKs and Rets double dipping.
    Which is in turn a nerf to those 2 specs :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    terrible news everyone, stupid RLs are also not limited to 1 on server (
    Must... resist... urge... to post.... Bender.... picture.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Which is in turn a nerf to those 2 specs :P
    No, it isn't.

Both SS and SoV are single attacks that are getting multiple chances to proc an ability. That is not how it was intended to work. It's cute that you feel negatively impacted by the change and therefore it must be a zomgnerf, but objectively speaking it's a bug fix.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Stieger23
    No, it isn't.

Both SS and SoV are single attacks that are getting multiple chances to proc an ability. That is not how it was intended to work. It's cute that you feel negatively impacted by the change and therefore it must be a zomgnerf, but objectively speaking it's a bug fix.
    the bug fix is still a nerf

No, it isn't.

And ds wasn't intended to hit for 40k on 3.0 but it did and was called a nerf.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    dont remind me of 3.0.. dark times

No, it isn't.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nerf

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by meag333
    It does matter who gets it first, theres the task of collecting 1000 souls before you can start the infusion quests. That means depending on someone IDs(if they have done 10 man or not.) some people might have trouble with this. But ofc, u could always farm mobs like you do rep. But there are alot of people who have chosen not to.
    Just farm a thousand souls with a rep farm group not hard

I don't know about everyone else here... but I (DK Tank/DPS) am getting Shadow's Edge first simply because no one else has collected the Saronite, nor are they anywhere near close.

And also, not so sure about anyone else's guild, but in my guild, there's a major surplus of tanks... as a guild officer I'll often step aside and let other tanks pick up tanking duty during 10 or 25 man raids... so I'm DPSing just as much as I'm tanking... thank the mighty holy raptor Jesus for dual-speccing...

However... I can promise you... you'll see my Shadowmourne carrying 3 Solid Dragon's Eyes (+51 stam gems), the moment it's forged.

And oh... just to fuel this even further... any of you complainers remember the first time Shadowmourne was seen on an official server? Hrmm?

That's right... on the back of a Blizzard Developer during the "PuGging with Blues" event.... Death Knight, Tank.

"I am The Dreadmist Man of Blizzcon, the voice of Deathwing and lead MMO Editor at www.blisteredthumbs.net. My ambitions are infinite, and so is my power. Cower mortals, for I am Oda Nobunaga, the Demon King come'th of the Sixth Heaven! I am both Man and Legend, and I can not be stopped!"

So the problem is an evil nerf that will reduce the damage contribution from a single weapon proc from 8% down to 4% ?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    So the problem is an evil nerf that will reduce the damage contribution from a single weapon proc from 8% down to 4% ?
    Probably more like 5% on single target. War get~4.6 and we have more strikes.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    By whiniest, stupidest segment of the community. We should aspire to be better and smarter than that. Every group has idiots who claim the sky is falling every time a bug is discovered and fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chenz
    /yawn

I'm sorry you lack the maturity or intelligence to formulate an argument. I'm also sorry that you can't understand that while a bug fix is probably being undertaken because the bug impacts game balance, it's a different animal from a nerf. A nerf would be an internal CD on proc. A nerf would be reducing the magnitude of the damage of the proc. A bug fix is not allowing 2 specs to get chances from SPELL PROCS to get a physical-swing-based proc.

You are also welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Oichi
    That's right... on the back of a Blizzard Developer during the "PuGging with Blues" event.... Death Knight, Tank.

sorry to tell you but that mean nothing, except the fact he can just enter the id of the weapon he want and bang : a legendary
    in term of raiding giving it to tank over a dps is a bad choice

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    sorry to tell you but that mean nothing, except the fact he can just enter the id of the weapon he want and bang : a legendary
    in term of raiding giving it to tank over a dps is a bad choice
    ....you.... really didn't get the point of any of that post... did you....

Wow... alright then, nevermind.
    "I am The Dreadmist Man of Blizzcon, the voice of Deathwing and lead MMO Editor at www.blisteredthumbs.net. My ambitions are infinite, and so is my power. Cower mortals, for I am Oda Nobunaga, the Demon King come'th of the Sixth Heaven! I am both Man and Legend, and I can not be stopped!"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Oichi
    ....you.... really didn't get the point of any of that post... did you....

Wow... alright then, nevermind.
    more then you it seem

15+ Year Old Account

Lol, stfu with this DK tanks deserve this legendary more than any other 2h dps. Of course you can come up with reasons like tenure in a guild, GM status, who's going to use it more, blah blah blah.

It is a dps weapon, designed for 2h melee dpsers, not DK tanks. Just because it happens to be useable for DKs to tank with, does not mean the reason the weapon was made was for them. Its the same argument about the Ulduar legendary. The stats made it pretty much BiS for any caster dps, but that doesnt mean you're giving it it to a mage over a resto druid. And dont argue "the proc was specifically for healing, this is different", that holds no water.

Fact #1: Shadowmourne is a dps weapon.
    Fact #2: Some DKs that get it, will use Shadowmourne to tank.
    Fact #3: Guilds that give 50 legendary shards to a DK that falls into Fact #2 are epic, nay, Legendary failures.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.