Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Help!! Resto 2pc gemming question

Quote Originally Posted by pearroc

Soft cap for lesser healing wave, yes, but most of us would be gemming for chain heal. I have found I am using chain heal less, but I still use it very often and it generally is my number one healing spell.
    Although Healing Wave is good its not brilliant, see: http://lifeingroup5.com/?p=158
    The main reason people are stacking haste is for raid healing, what you are talking about is more on the tank healing side of things. Where haste is good, but not always the best.
    But thats my point, why are people still using shamans as if we are still chain heal bots??, Read some of the previous posts, we are using it less and less, as Druids & Holy Priests are the better raid healers now, so stacking gems to one way of healing leaves us looking like nothing more than a support healer, which i totally disagree with, we have more than one spell in our arsenal but why do people seem to live in the Sunwell days of just spamming chain heal.

You limit yourselves to just this role then on other roles you are going to go oom so damn quick you have no option but to regem yet again and stack 2 sets of resto gear,.

And chain heal being your number one spell means you are in the rut of a raid healer, so like i said in my previous post, you are under used and misunderstood as a healing class by either yourself or your healing/raid leader

I will add you have brought down your GCD to 1second @ 1269, so all you are gemming for is ONE spell and thats chain heal, so in other words you are sacraficing EVERY other stat for just that one spell, to whcih you have said you use less and less.

My main heal is LHW even if im NOT assigned to the MT, Chain is good but please think about your other stats before thinking its Haste all the way, as being oom in 3mins is just a silly way to play.

Quote Originally Posted by oothrecruit
    Why run with that much haste? Softcap is 1269 (38.7%), thats Unbuffed, then a further 8.15% is gained from raid buffs. You are seriously just over gemming haste and not balancing other stats.

Gemming for me was balancing a good ammount of haste but compensating fro low MP5 and Spell power gains, i have matched all my gem sockets while keeping a good balance on all. And im a MT healer and when needed i spam raid with CH.

Since 3.3 i have changed from using Riptide>LHW to LHW>Riptide for oh s**t moments, but Riptide>HW with 2 set bonus is just insane, 1 second casts on Healing Wave on the tank at 6 second intervals. Healing wave is still an under used heal from us, but thats NOT all the shamans fault, this is more to do with Raid Leaders still using shamans as raid healers, Druids and Holy Priests are still way out in front for this, Pala's & Shamans should be on MT's, and Disc using all abilitys on the whole raid. Shamans always ES the MT, and 99% spec into Healing Way 3/3 and this is a waste if your shaman is assigned to raid healing, so not only is the shaman loosing the bonus healing on ES hes also loosing the 25% extra healing from talents on the MT.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...and&n=Zianator

Since 3.3 i have actually started to top Healing again along side Druids (Not that this is/was an achivement), but its a combination of how to heal, rather than the normal spam chain heal from the past. Mana not really an issue in how ive set my self up, most fights i finish around 20% mark.

haste is the biggest stat we can go for, but dont jsut gem for that, or your short commings in the bigger mana intensive/dmg fights will start to show.

Note: These are my personal views on it, and after a lot of research and mountains of gold spent on gems and stuff, i found this way to gem and heal a better solution.

And i totally agree with Comablack, get the 2 piece, then take the riptide totem before parts 3&4.
    not many stats to balance when you have double solace and over 3k spellpower unbuffed

Quote Originally Posted by fzeroo
    i myself can't wait until i get the 2set bonus ,well be even lessoverhealing
    and for overhealing i run with 2 druids,one pally and a dispriest, i have the less overhealing all the times,always around 20% less then the next one from me
    more haste =less overheal
    as i have seen thou i need more for my mp5 set now since a few fights there isn't much of any ch use
    i run with 1309 haste unbuffed,use the ele totem which is 220 more haste plus haste food!raid buffed 1568 ,lw will be soft capped under 1.0 secs with the 2 set and ch will prob be around 1.40 secs cast
    it will be very exciting!!
    heres my armoury link!
    have enough badges to get one frost tier just waiting on a few more badges for my 2 set then i will prob break my 2 set atm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...adgar&n=Fzeroo
    i was thinking of getting the elemental totem when it was first introduced, but after much thought i've come to the conclusion that the mana and gcds needed would suck in the end

edit: assuming every flame shock will hit, which it won't

I've kind of resurrected this post having been a few days off the forums but found this a very valuable topic, thank you.

I'm a 3 month old Shaman in a 10 man guild so I am lacking a lot of 245+ loot but so far I've gone all out on Haste gems and have around 700 Haste unbuffed. We did the first three bosses in ICC25 last night for the first time in a guild alliance and I was up against an experience resto who prefers SP/Int/MP5 gemming. He couldn't believe my gemming yet I was gazumping the healing meters with little overhealing done.

Our Pally still did crazy numbers but I was out performing the priests and on the toes of the Druids.

I definately don't think Resto should be considered a 'healing support class' in ICC. I suspect this could be the case when you a pushing hard modes, realm firsts or drilling the numbers down like some leading guilds do, but for the mere mortal guilds out there, Shamans are perfectly equipped to main tank heal or raid heal.

WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

First of all, i dont know where you have such suggestions like,
    "for chainhealspam you need 1269 haste"
    this is absolutly not true, 1269 is raidbuffed your cap for lesser healing wave, since the casttime for 1,5sec basecasttime spells is lowered to 1sec and so global cooldown capped. Theoretically it wouldnt make any sence to gem for more haste if you spam lhw. In general you see alot of shamans, of course it depends on the fight, who are spamming 60%+ chainheal and only 10%lhw. It is absolutly nonsense to say in such a scenario, more haste aint good for you. Of course more haste is better, just because i have to wait .xx seconds for the lesser healing wave with an output of 10% doesnt mean my overall output is decreased. No, i increased my output again with more haste because my output is based on 60% chainhealspam.
    We are not able to cap our chainheal to the global cooldown, without buffs like heroism, trollracial, engineer. It is just impossible. You will see again those HEP values with stassarts_hep. Even if you are lhw gcd capped haste will have the highest HEP, if your overallhealing is based on such an output.

Of course gemming depends on your assignments in your raid. If you have good druids and priests you probably assist your paladins or going crossraid spot healing. But a plain awnser of "you spam only chainheal, you must be bad" is just not true, because you dont know the guild rooster. And by any means i would take a good shaman above a bad druid or priest any day for raidhealing and so the rule is simple the more haste you have, the more output you will see with chainheal. And yes your time till oom will have also a important role, but thats another story.

All depends on your assignments in the raid and on the encounter. Overall you would need alot of different healing sets to be ready for specific healing-roles. Spotheal, Raidheal, Tankheal. For the most of us, this will be impossible to obtain, therefor it is adviseable to say 1269 haste is overall a good number. Even if i lhw+hw+riptde spam the tank.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by oothrecruit
    But thats my point, why are people still using shamans as if we are still chain heal bots??, Read some of the previous posts, we are using it less and less, as Druids & Holy Priests are the better raid healers now, so stacking gems to one way of healing leaves us looking like nothing more than a support healer, which i totally disagree with, we have more than one spell in our arsenal but why do people seem to live in the Sunwell days of just spamming chain heal.

You limit yourselves to just this role then on other roles you are going to go oom so damn quick you have no option but to regem yet again and stack 2 sets of resto gear,.

And chain heal being your number one spell means you are in the rut of a raid healer, so like i said in my previous post, you are under used and misunderstood as a healing class by either yourself or your healing/raid leader

I will add you have brought down your GCD to 1second @ 1269, so all you are gemming for is ONE spell and thats chain heal, so in other words you are sacraficing EVERY other stat for just that one spell, to whcih you have said you use less and less.

My main heal is LHW even if im NOT assigned to the MT, Chain is good but please think about your other stats before thinking its Haste all the way, as being oom in 3mins is just a silly way to play.
    Wait you got that from this thread where one or 2 shamans are saying that they are using it less that means the whole of the shaman community are not using it any more?
    Chain heal can still be a very effective raid heal, yes its true that we can also be great tank healers to. But this is the great thing about being a shaman is being able to switch from role to role with ease. Also with around 1200haste I have yet to go oom on any fight in ICC or ToC hardmodes unless I died.
    Also you seem to have forgotten that we also have a spell called healing wave, which becomes more effective when you have a decent amount of haste.
    Once people get t10 and start doing more tests on set bonuses and the amount of haste we get from the set, we can then decide what would be better to gem instead. But right now haste is still the best. Once you get to the soft cap is lowers in vaule and it can be worth to start gemming for other stats, but really what other stats are there worth gemming for?
    If you go for spell power you are just generally over healing and why gem mp5 if you never go oom?

As gunja said above, 1269haste is great if you are switching roles dependant on what fight. As you can fill many different roles with ease.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pearroc
    Wait you got that from this thread where one or 2 shamans are saying that they are using it less that means the whole of the shaman community are not using it any more?
    Chain heal can still be a very effective raid heal, yes its true that we can also be great tank healers to. But this is the great thing about being a shaman is being able to switch from role to role with ease. Also with around 1200haste I have yet to go oom on any fight in ICC or ToC hardmodes unless I died.
    Also you seem to have forgotten that we also have a spell called healing wave, which becomes more effective when you have a decent amount of haste.
    Once people get t10 and start doing more tests on set bonuses and the amount of haste we get from the set, we can then decide what would be better to gem instead. But right now haste is still the best. Once you get to the soft cap is lowers in vaule and it can be worth to start gemming for other stats, but really what other stats are there worth gemming for?
    If you go for spell power you are just generally over healing and why gem mp5 if you never go oom?

As gunja said above, 1269haste is great if you are switching roles dependant on what fight. As you can fill many different roles with ease.
    this.

Not every 25 man raid will have that perfect group that Oothrecruit apparently has. 1 pally 1 shaman 1 druid 1 holy priest 1 disc priest and then 1-2 of a repeat. Although it would be nice to have that group make up A, most 25 mans will likely see group make up B which may lack a disc priest or holy priest or resto druid.

Yea that "oom in 3 mins" statement kind of has me puzzled. never have i gone oom unless i die, but even then, mana tide + water shield + improved water shield talent, il back up to 50%+ in a matter of a min or so.

Another thing Oothrecruit, when you say most shamans have healing way, just how do you make that assumption? I would have to argue that most shamans actually do not pick up healing way and go 0/16/55 for a couple of reasons:

Healing Wave is a mana hog and no one spams it.
    Healing Wave has a long cast time
    Healing Wave is more then likely near/on the bottom of your healing list.

More often then not nowadays, healing wave has become the shamans "oh shit" button. you use it with natures swiftness in case of an emergency or you use it with Riptide for a faster cast. So why would you need more healing in it if it isnt something that is used consistently. If you are sitting around 3k ubuffed and then 4k with raid buffs procs and trinks, you can easily reach 19-20k HW crit untalented.

You simply cant get mad at people cause they dont play to your way of style. some are raid healers, some are tank healers. some gem haste, others intell. You are telling us not to gem haste because of ONE spell. but by telling us to not go over the soft cap because of LHW, isnt that what you are doing yourself? We arent allowed to go over because of 1 spell? Careful of your wording.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!