Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Assassination worth it anymore?

I just finished parsing my damage and its down 1200dps with me at my lvl of gear..that was 8.1k dps down to 6.976 dps for me on sourfang using Elites Jerks spreadsheet. I thought it was not accurate so .. i did it again and it was up
    to 7.05 then to 7.1 based off crit only being 46%..i also have deaths verdict not x2 unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Javanface
    Don't be silly. The nerf was only 7-8% to mutilate spec so you must have been doing something very wrong. You shouldn't go down to more than 7.3-7.4k-ish from 8k.
    This info is to the most part correct, I did Festergut 25 man before nerf without downing him on attempts and then the next night after restarts once the nerf had gone live (Without knowing about the nerf). I just thought I was slacking a little bit in the tightness of my rotation, it wasn't a major difference, a few hundred dps but still topped the meters by a long shot.
    Azrax, Level 85 Gnome Rogue
    Kárnivool, Level 85 Human Priest
    <Ka Pai> - New Zealand based 25 man, 3 day raiding guild. We strive to provide an attractive, enjoyable, and constructive raid environment. Currently 4/8 Heroic Dragon Soul.

---- Currently Retired from Early Dragon Soul Progression, will be back for Mists!! ----

without being too technical about it, looks like the nerf barely affected high geared rogues to the point of only loosing couple hundred dps, but the low geared rogues (below 5,1k GS~) were affected by over 1k dps, as I've observed on my guild alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Minimach
    QFT.

single target Saurfang, My buddy who plays a rogue is almost identically as geared as I am, and he pulls 1.4k higher then I do. Its pathetic.

Retlol tears? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs
    wow is finnish lore is died

Quote Originally Posted by Moshy
    Hunger for Blood is possibly the hardest to obtain 5% dps increase in game.

Avenging Wrath is possible the hardest to obtain 20% dps increase in game
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs
    wow is finnish lore is died

Quote Originally Posted by Brannick Bane
    Understandably we where doing a lot of damage but i think again they over shot the nerf...im nearing 5400gs and now im barely doing the 5k needed on saurfang was doing 8k..went from first to maybe 10th in full rotation with mutilate hitting less then FoK.

I switched to combat to do more dps so i dont have to rely on Hfb to do damage and the poisons nerf

have fun
    If what you say is true, your gears slightly better than mine and i got 7.7k on saurfang 10 today, its not the nerf that messed your dps up there, its no way big enough to take your dps from 8-5k

I just got online and noticed this sudden rogue hot fix to HFB and poison nerfs. I'm a little confused. I could swear Blizzard intended on the dagger assassination build to be more appealing? I'm hearing combat is very close now. Since HFB is down to 5% now and decreased poison damage, what are the chances Blizzard may re-balance it or buff assassination more appealing? This was a sudden hit but expected in a way.

Armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...th&n=Criticalx

I'd like any feedback.

maybe if you guys trolled EJ forums harder you'd understand something...with full 258/264 combat was alreadyyy right up there with it...and im talking single target...so now clearly combat is superior...

im still breaking 10k as muti

Understandably we where doing a lot of damage but i think again they over shot the nerf...im nearing 5400gs and now im barely doing the 5k needed on saurfang was doing 8k..went from first to maybe 10th in full rotation with mutilate hitting less then FoK.

I switched to combat to do more dps so i dont have to rely on Hfb to do damage and the poisons nerf

have fun
    bad rogue

Deleted

I raided in ICC10 man last night, and still pulled 8.5k DPS on Saurfang, and on a couple of attempts just over 9k DPS on Festergut (8.7k DPS on the run I killed him).

That being said, I'm unsure 100% if the realm was reset but I'm hoping it was as I was still pretty much head and shoulders above everyone else on damage done and DPS although in my favour I still out geared everyone slightly... and even if it wasn't reset I was easily more than 8% ahead of the next DPS below me on both of the above fights.

Therefore, Assassination is still very much usable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylski
    I've played assass the whole way thru wotlk, and currently it is still top DPS on a single target fight. I raided tonight without knowing the changes had gone live and the difference was trivial.
    This. I noticed a slight drop in my dps but I was still on top.

10+ Year Old Account

I didn't even know about the rogue nerfs until later on, and I was still flooring all but one of our guild's DPSers in ICC in my 4p T8.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Some of u guys are terrible, im still pulling over 10k on my rogue. Combat fyi, in case all you mutilate FotM kids think ur actually good.

have fun
    I'm sorry, you're at 5400 gs, and you're pulling 5k on saurfang, down from 8k from before? First off, 8k was entirely too low pre-nerf. Second, you lost just under 8%. 8,000 x 0.92 = 7360. What the hell are you doing wrong?

And by the way, most of us were hitting 5k on Patchwerk back in Naxx gear. You're doing something completely wrong. Either check to make sure you're not using the wrong gems, enchants, weapons. Make sure you didn't put on pvp gear. Make sure you're not laggy. Do you have the correct poisons on? There is no way you should do 5k. Unless you just hit auto attack, walked away for 4 minutes, and came back to roll on loot.

I did more than 5k on marrowgar 10 man without instant poison on my main hand (durrrr)

Quote Originally Posted by Dylski
    I did more than 5k on marrowgar 10 man without instant poison on my main hand (durrrr)
    it took you an hour to kill marrowgar trash?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by HeyIknowuFromskewl
    Some of u guys are terrible, im still pulling over 10k on my rogue. Combat fyi, in case all you mutilate FotM kids think ur actually good.
    same here probbly stil over 10k on my rogue :P was close to 11k pre this little nerf ;p

Quote Originally Posted by HeyIknowuFromskewl
    it took you an hour to kill marrowgar trash?
    He probably just forgot to put it on his weapon in general, happened to me several times in ToC10 when we were farming it, sometimes even in ToGC10, only on beasts, though.

Also, had it once that I used my pvp-trinket right before 10mans, forgot switching back to my Grim Toll, realised it when we stood before FC... then realised again that I was still wearing it once we reached P3 against Anub >_<

Nerf was needed. Had 10.7k on Wed/Thurs doing Surfang and Festergut, 1-1.5k from next person. Tonight a mut rogue could only get around 9k, which still almost topped (got beat by an amazing lock).

In other words, the playing field has been leveled, but I do see us falling behind once we cap our gear as Mutilate.