Elemental vs Putricide

Alright we killed this thing on 10m and got p3 a couple times on 25m with 10% wipe as our best attempt.

There is no question that this fight has a ton of movement in it. What is the best way to counter this, I am refreshing flame shock as I move.

Should I be using the other shocks (Earth & Frost)?
    Should I drop a temporary Magma totem when I run by the boss?

Any information on how to do fights like this because my dps was rather low.

Re: Elemental vs Putricide

Each fight can be different. Some are meant for caster/ range dps to be low and some meant for melee to be low.

I am sure I will get used to it after awhile.

reminds me of mimiron hardmode or hodir. the only difference is hodir, you had the dmg increase buff that allowed you to move and still do decent dmg.

any helpful info about how to increase dps on this fight will be greatly appreciated.

I just looked at WMO's DPS rankings for elemetal shamans, and only 3 guilds who uploaded their kills to the site used elemental shamans...I guess its just a fight not made for us. The highest dps was 4930 and the lowest was 3002.

I just did this on 10 man, and we only got to P3 a couple of times. As with the previous 2 fights ( Fester and Rot) a lot will dependon how "lucky" you are with being targeted by either the oozes, or the slime puddles, or whatever icky stuff Putricide decides to throw on you.

Positioning seems to be key here, and hauling ass. Basically after killing one add, we'd bust off to teh other side and hopefully get a few more precious secs standstill time to dps the next add. Unless, of course, he decides to target you and you run screaming like a little girl ( or stand still and cry like a little girl, for the green one). best I could do was throw the occasionaly TS and FS and totem dropping everytime we moved.

It seemed that my dps was comparable to Rotface, that is, Rotface with me constantly being infected and having oozes. I was pretty happy to hit 5.5k on both Rotface Putricide, considering all the running around.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

My guild hasn't killed him yet, we put about 4 attempts in last night. We got him to about 10% and he enraged.

On that attempt I believe I was 8th on DPS.

I constantly was refreshing FS and was throwing some CL's on the run too since it's quick. I also never had mana issues. I was also doing thunderstorm on the move as well.

The putricide fight is clearly against us elementals :P
    I had to move around for 20-30% of the wohle bossfight.. thats kinda dps-killing as elemental..

The only thing you can do is refreshing flameshock while running, casting lavaburst when its rdy and sometimes using Frostshock or even thunderstorm when you're near the boss...
    If you're lucky and have a demolock in your raidsetup you can use the run-time to refresh searing totem as well.. fire elementall should be saved up for p3.

You can also use the green slimes to minimize running by letting them kockback you on the other site of the room... that should save up some seconds of dpstime.

I managed to do ~7,5k dps but more is kinda hard... perhaps if the fight was a bit shorter.. but over 8-10 minutes more isn't possible.. maybe i havn't fully understand the fight.. who knows^^

I don't know about you guys but i pull pretty nice numbers there .... its all about positioning... as mostly of our dps is. It depends how your guild does it but in the start if we stand on the south side and after the green ooze the tank moves putricide to the north ... If you stand a little closer to the middle so you can start to dps the ooze right away then you will be in range of putricide when he is on the north ... you don't really need to go there because even if the red ooze targets you if it is slowed you can gain distance... if it doesn't you can dps it the whole time and after it putrice will be on the south again close to you ... if you have focus on him you can target him a bit faster. There is not really that much movement first 2 phases that is.