Thread: Prot spec?

Deleted

Prot spec?

Hello,
    This is my armory profile:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lvanas&n=Nehmi

I was wondering if any1 could tell me if my spec is allright?
    Atm it's 0/53/18

And which parts of my gear(I know about the Ring and Cloak) is bad and needs a replace asap.
    Thank you ;-)

Ohh and btw, trolls, could you go shoot your self in your caves?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Prot spec?

improved judgement should be 1/2 for the 6969 rotation
    and the cloak.. thats an easy one

improved judgement should be 1/2 for the 6969 rotation
    I lol every time i see this. One point is required for the optimum rotation but there is no problem speccing 2/2. If you are using the rotation correctly then it doesnt matter if its off CD earlier because you wont use it till its required.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Telant
    I lol every time i see this. One point is required for the optimum rotation but there is no problem speccing 2/2. If you are using the rotation correctly then it doesnt matter if its off CD earlier because you wont use it till its required.
    then you arent following the 96969 rotation but more something like 968910 and it bust up

No, what he's saying is even if it's off of CD, just don't hit it. Nothing wrong with it being up 1 second faster; as long as you aren't just smashing all of your attacks to take whichever is first and are actually doing the rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by goomba
    *Hopefully is a trademark of goomba, it implies nothing, it promises nothing, but it is a glimmer of hope that the designers aren't completely moronic.

15+ Year Old Account

No, what he's saying is even if it's off of CD, just don't hit it. Nothing wrong with it being up 1 second faster; as long as you aren't just smashing all of your attacks to take whichever is first and are actually doing the rotation.
    then why waste a talent point? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    This

I would wager as for fights where 1 sec shorter CD might be useful? None come to mind but possibly throwing a judgement > -2% mana cost if you're worried about it.

And no I don't run 2/2 Imp. Judge, just trying to give a possible reason behind it.
    *Hopefully is a trademark of goomba, it implies nothing, it promises nothing, but it is a glimmer of hope that the designers aren't completely moronic.

Because compared to some alternatives, it's actually better.

I never use Consecration on single target after the initial, unless my threat drops anywhere near the DPS, which never happens.

Therefore, an extra second tends to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    I never use Consecration on single target after the initial
    Wat?

2% less mana cost is also wasted and improved BoM is rarely needed as a prot pally so that's not much of a point :!

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Wat?

2% less mana cost is also wasted and improved BoM is rarely needed as a prot pally so that's not much of a point :!
    I'd rather spend 2% less mana on every single ability I use than lower a cd further than it needs to be. Sure, in a raid where I'm getting hit enough that SA is bringing in more than enough mana it's not as beneficial, but I still run at the least one heroic a day. When you're using Avenger's Shield every time it's up for pulling, 2% is noticeable.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Having Judgement 1 second quicker will never mess with the rotation if you are doing it correctly. The beauty of paladin tanks is that the rotation fits seemlessly for 9/6/9 meaning there is no gaps. If you are following the 9/6/9 rotation all the time then its never going to fall off and there is no chance of you judging early and messing it up because you always have the next ability ready.

On a boss you are going to be following the fixed rota and there is no problems, however if you are on other duties (OT?) then having the ability to judge a bit earlier because you are not following a set rota can turn out to be a life saver.

The old favourite was for grabbing loose adds for Sarth 3d, judging more often on Rotface Big Ooze's is a good use atm as we dont have much in the way of ranged aggro attacks for them.
    1 Point is optimum but to say 2/2 is bad is wrong.
    This point has been discussed loads of times on this forum as well as maintankadin et all.

then you arent following the 96969 rotation but more something like 968910 and it bust up
    Consecration and Holy shield have 8 second cooldowns, but they don't "bust it up" when you're using the 96969 rotation either. ;D

@OP: Your spec is fine, you could put the second point of judgement anywhere really and there would be no difference on your performance.

You need to start farming heroics and getting badge scrub stuff. Your helm, shoulder, cloak, pants, libram, 1 ring, and 1 trinket could all be easily replaced with emblem gear (trinket and cloak being frost emblems, so that might take a bit). Your neck, mainhand, and I think (I don't remember) shield should be replaced with new 5 man stuff.

Beyond that there's nothing terribly wrong. Replace that one parry gem you have. For enchants, swap your clock to armor, chest to health, weapon to blade ward/blood draining, and gloves to stam. Additionally, max out mining, and drop skinning in favor of something actually beneficial for a tank. Most profs are just fine for a tank, but JC is the best so I recommend if your going to drop a profession, pick up JC while you have the chance.

Of course these are all suggestions to help you become a better tank overall. Some of them involve significantly more work then others, I just listed everything I saw at first glance.

LOL! Why argue about this? No matter where you put that point to open the tree it is useless and useful at times.

In 2% reduced mana is useless in raids because of the mana regen you get from your Spiritual attunement and Blessing of sanctuary.

The extra point in ImpJ is useless when tanking and using your 969 rotation.

And the Imp Blessing of Might point is useless unless you put 2 in there and use that blessing alot.

Now for that 'floater point' I suggest player preference IMO. Mana issues Benediction. In a lot of long boss fights Imp. Judgments. Not a lot of Ret pallys in your groups Imp Blessing of Might.

I have the extra point in Imp Judgments only because I prefer having it's CD faster because a lot of fights I am in these days I deviate away from the 969 rotation after my 2nd rotation. I have tons of threat and have not had to worry about this rotation much plus I do a lot of other things during a fight so the rotation is junked by the 2nd rotation any way due to taunting new adds or using other abilities.

Now as for the OP's question on spec. The only thing 'I' would change is 1.) Drop your 2 points in Judgment of the Just and move them over to the Ret tree. 2.)Drop seal of command as our top 2 used Seals are Seal of Vengeance, for bosses, and Seal of Wisdom, for trash to help with mana regen. I have very little issues with threat, yes I do from time to time have to fight with someone to maintain aggro, but who doesn't. ;D

Now, there are tons of ways to spec and we all have our opinions. Usually there is something we all are lacking and would like to improve that is why we get these posts. So please quite the arguing over what is right and not. There is no 100% right answer in this game. If there was then we would all just cookie cutter it and walk around like beasts and be bored fast.

*Steps down off soapbox shaking head* 'Damn I did it again'

whatever you say about 2/2 Imp. Judge - to each his own oppinion about this

lets get back to the issue at hand (change what you asked)

i could name a few things but ill only adress 1 -> parry/stam gem <-

can you explain why for the love of thrall gem for parry when your ratio is that off already?!

plz for your own sake dont do that -> there are sweet alternatives to parry gemming