10+ Year Old Account

Holy libram-swapping macro?

This seems way too simple to be possible, but I can't find any information about it.

I want to use the ilvl 200 libram when casting HL

I want to use the PvP libram when casting FoL

Question is.. is there a macro that will equip said libram right before cast? Librams can be switched in combat so I think it's a strong possibility.

In fact, it seems like a simple macro to make. I have to be missing something here...
    FFVI > FFVII

Quote Originally Posted by Entaaro View Post
    I think you underestimate the capacity of your brain to process information quickly - but maybe with good reason.

Re: Holy libram-swapping macro?

nope, you don't want to do that.

try it:
    #showtooltip Holy Light(rank xy)
    /equip ...
    /cast Holy Light(rank xy)

it does work, however every time you switch from hl to fol or vice versa the first time to you press the macro it switches your libram and triggers a gcd. after that you can cast normally.
    ...just another dream within a dream...

10+ Year Old Account

Ya, that GCD issue seems to be the consensus.

EDIT: A buddy of mine sent me this...

heres something you can do the avoid that part of the GCD
    if you mash the other libram macro while your still in GCD
    it will not invoke an additional GCD
    simple as that

So basically, if I preemptively (during cast) hit the swap macro, it will swap and not invoke a GCD, therefor, no time lost. Great in theory, will test practice after work. =)
    FFVI > FFVII

I think you underestimate the capacity of your brain to process information quickly - but maybe with good reason.

If its like the shamen totems/relic slot back in BC I came up with the Idea to switch totems while i had the haste proc it was awsome for a short while a small dps increase for my elemental shamen but they patched it about 2 or 3 weeks later that If you switch something in your relic slot you trigger that GCD you also stop casting if your in the middle of casting something.

So unless they changed the mechanic again since BC relic swapping isn't viable on the fly while casting.

Also even if you could swap during the cast stuff like plus heal/mana/procs reduction only count at the time the spell is cast So if you swapped your HL relic out during the cast bar it would then lose the benefit the relic was providing. Haste is the only stat that is checked when you start your cast so if a haste buff expires during mid cast you still finish the spell at the hastened speed.

They changed this a couple of patches ago like shinikitty said. Before, changing weapons or librams would reset the global cooldown, or would do nothing if you where casting. Now you cannot change librams or weapons while casting a spell.
    Meaning you need to wait 1.5 seconds every time you switch libram.
    With instant spells it still might work, but then again it will cost you time, example:
    0 sec : cast holy shock
    1 sec : presses flash of light, change libram (new global)
    1.5 sec : holy shock global is finished (still global from the libram)
    2.5 sec : global is finished, start casting flash of light.

Then as second point, with reasonable gear and spec you shouldn't rely on fol anyways. A nice spell to cast when you want 1 person to be topped off in heroics or to keep the hot rolling. But other then that quite useless, IE the resto druid should have a hot on anyways and the guy with 3-4k hp missing will be healed up by that anyways.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by shinikitty

Also even if you could swap during the cast stuff like plus heal/mana/procs reduction only count at the time the spell is cast So if you swapped your HL relic out during the cast bar it would then lose the benefit the relic was providing. Haste is the only stat that is checked when you start your cast so if a haste buff expires during mid cast you still finish the spell at the hastened speed.
    Reasonable doubt is no friend of mine...

Why can't work end now so I can test this??!
    FFVI > FFVII

I don't get a GCD when I swap librams. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

(Of course, I don't heal. I only use libram swapping macros to attach a libram to the proper seal. But I did test it by swapping a libram and immediately casting a spell, which seemed to work fine.)

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    I don't get a GCD when I swap librams. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

(Of course, I don't heal. I only use libram swapping macros to attach a libram to the proper seal. But I did test it by swapping a libram and immediately casting a spell, which seemed to work fine.)
    it only triggers GCD if you are combat, and I am pretty sure when in a boss fight you are in combat :P

Off topic but did anyone else read the title as if Robin was saying it to Batman?

Holy Libram swapping macro Batman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post
    I don't like to change into a kitten and hitting enemies with my paws and rabies, I like assassinating with daggers and poisons!

10+ Year Old Account

Ok, I have tested it and it does seem to work, however I can not absolutely verify if you get the benefit on the cast during switch. You will get benefit next cast however. What I can verify is that you do not have GCD problem. Useful for "dancing" between Librams to get the full bonuses of added SP on HL (245) FoL (PvP) Holy Shock (264) and the reduced mana cost on the ilvl 200 for spam healing. I'm going to play around with this a little bit. We'll see how it goes.

EDIT: like Shinikitty said.. "you also stop casting if your in the middle of casting something." It's a small setback if you know timing. About .1/sec, not bad at all. You just have to be aware of when you can switch, but so far, I've had 0 issues. Definitely worth trying if you're curious.
    FFVI > FFVII

Set a macro to swap librams and tie it to Sacred Shield or Judgment or something.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ATTHEREADY
    Ok, I have tested it and it does seem to work, however I can not absolutely verify if you get the benefit on the cast during switch. You will get benefit next cast however. What I can verify is that you do not have GCD problem. Useful for "dancing" between Librams to get the full bonuses of added SP on HL (245) FoL (PvP) Holy Shock (264) and the reduced mana cost on the ilvl 200 for spam healing. I'm going to play around with this a little bit. We'll see how it goes.

EDIT: like Shinikitty said.. "you also stop casting if your in the middle of casting something." It's a small setback if you know timing. About .1/sec, not bad at all. You just have to be aware of when you can switch, but so far, I've had 0 issues. Definitely worth trying if you're curious.
    last ive checked libram proc are exclusive and you can only have the buff from the libram that you have currently equipped