Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What weapon from ICC as Disc Spec?

So, I was going through loot lists and honestly not many weapons are just eye popping for me as a disc priest. So I was kind of curious what weapons other disc priests had their eyes on getting, whether it be out of 10 or 25 mans?
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Re: What weapon from ICC as Disc Spec?

If the Glyph of PW: Shield can proc the Effect on Trauma, that would be pretty nice when shield spamming. But yeah, nothing is overly amazing. I guess just think what can get you the most Spell Power possible and go with that route.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50181 and the Heroic version seem best for my playstyle atleast.

The more Int, the better, and aslong as it's a staff I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by buddytonto
    If the Glyph of PW: Shield can proc the Effect on Trauma, that would be pretty nice when shield spamming. But yeah, nothing is overly amazing. I guess just think what can get you the most Spell Power possible and go with that route.
    Yeah kind of the same thing I was wondering. If shields can proc it that seems to be the best imo as well.
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

I'd wait for Bitch King loot, as he will drop some Sp/haste/crit mace or dagger for sure.

Frozen Bonespike is the current best Disc weapon. It's crit/spirit, but because one hand + offhand results in more SP it's still better than the staff alternatives which waste most of their budget on higher raw stats. Arthas may drop something superior, but of currently known items the Bonespike and it's heroic equivalent are the best weapons for Disc. The top offhand of known items is the Shadow Silk Spindle is the best thing to pair with it, but it's not yet available (drops off BPC).

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Frozen Bonespike is the current best Disc weapon. It's crit/spirit, but because one hand + offhand results in more SP it's still better than the staff alternatives which waste most of their budget on higher raw stats. Arthas may drop something superior, but of currently known items the Bonespike and it's heroic equivalent are the best weapons for Disc. The top offhand of known items is the Shadow Silk Spindle is the best thing to pair with it, but it's not yet available (drops off BPC).
    Yep just not that impressed with it. I mean it's good but man I was really hoping for something more superior to it.

Yeah, Trauma wouldn't be an every fight used weapon I wouldn't think, if it does proc off the Glyph. There is also Lockjaw, a haste/mp5; heroic has a red socket I think. But I guess it is what you need.

Random heals are random. As disco my job is either tank healing, mostly in 10s but still, when tank healing random heals are worth bugger all to me.

In 25s I see myself as the triage nurse. My heals&shields are often the first to reach a dps who is in danger. A random proc heal just doesn't fit that style either, it's more bulk healing, not fast stabilization.

I thus have low interest in Trauma, on the other hand the Frozen Bonespike mostly gains some secondary stats on it, which only weakly boost my throughput. So I'll take Trauma if it drops and nobody else wants it, otherwise I'll hold out for the bonespike.

Quote Originally Posted by Loevi
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50181 and the Heroic version seem best for my playstyle atleast.

The more Int, the better, and aslong as it's a staff I'm happy.
    Sir this is a Spriest staff and damn you for linking it for healing. /shiftyeyes
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

frozen bonespike is a Holy weapon. crit isnt nearly as beneficial for disc as it is for holy. Dying Light is a much better option of available weapons but even at that I would take trauma before frozen bonespike. Regardless of any of that , like was stated LK will surely have far superior weapons on his loot table.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Quote Originally Posted by jonish
    Sir this is a Spriest staff and damn you for linking it for healing. /shiftyeyes
    ok, I take it that you mean haste isnt a "good stats" for disc priest heal.

Then your post immediate after that:

Frozen bonespike is a Holy weapon. crit isnt nearly as beneficial for disc as it is for holy. Dying Light is a much better option of available weapons but even at that I would take trauma before frozen bonespike. Regardless of any of that , like was stated LK will surely have far superior weapons on his loot table.
    !?

frozen bonespike is a Holy weapon. crit isnt nearly as beneficial for disc as it is for holy. Dying Light is a much better option of available weapons but even at that I would take trauma before frozen bonespike. Regardless of any of that , like was stated LK will surely have far superior weapons on his loot table.
    Erm - except that crit is more beneficial to disc than to any other healer due to Divine Aegis. Not to say that we actively seek it, but we scale better with it than holy does. I would argue that trauma is the obvious holy weapon of the two, since holy is a bulk raid healer, and trauma is going to add to that bulk healing.

Disc will never prefer a staff over a MH&OH, as Harky noted, due to the inferior SP. So I think we can safely assume that your reasoning is that disc should take whichever weapons you don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    Erm - except that crit is more beneficial to disc than to any other healer due to Divine Aegis. Not to say that we actively seek it, but we scale better with it than holy does. I would argue that trauma is the obvious holy weapon of the two, since holy is a bulk raid healer, and trauma is going to add to that bulk healing.
    +1
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

It's clearly a Hunter weapon, because a Hunter can use an off-hand DPS weapon while increasing his Spirit. Fighting spirit!

Crit is pretty equal for Disc and Holy. What you should have said is that, as a Spirit weapon it isn't as good for Disc. Which is true, Frozen Bonespike is better for Holy. That doesn't change that it's the best known weapon for Disc. Heroic Midnight Sun is slightly better than non-heroic Frozen Bonespike. However, because both Lockjaw and Midnight Sun at 10 man items the change from haste to crit and even the change from mp/5 to spirit (useless) are overwhelmed by having +90 SP.

It's clearly a Hunter weapon, because a Hunter can use an off-hand DPS weapon while increasing his Spirit. Fighting spirit!
    Lies - it's a rogue dagger

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    Disc will never prefer a staff over a MH&OH, as Harky noted, due to the inferior SP.
    Not always true. Against most similar item level gear, Enlightenment, when gemmed purely for SP, doesn't suffer a deficit of throughput vs MH/OH when you consider the massive amounts of crit & haste it provides.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by buddytonto
    I can't tell for sure but Glyph of Power Word: Shield does not proc my Althor's Abacus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahijnu
    I can't tell for sure but Glyph of Power Word: Shield does not proc my Althor's Abacus.
    /cry

Want to buy healing trinket that actually makes sense for disc, is it just me or do all the ICC trinkets seem like bad compromises for us?

Sliver of Pure Ice is the only real standout for Disc. Muradin's would have been great, but they spoiled that.. It's getting more and more depressing that the top throughput trinket is still IDS.