Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The Patient tehmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Omaha NE
    Posts
    277

    Re: What weapon from ICC as Disc Spec?

    Trauma imo

  2. #22

    Re: What weapon from ICC as Disc Spec?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    Erm - except that crit is more beneficial to disc than to any other healer due to Divine Aegis. Not to say that we actively seek it, but we scale better with it than holy does. I would argue that trauma is the obvious holy weapon of the two, since holy is a bulk raid healer, and trauma is going to add to that bulk healing.

    Disc will never prefer a staff over a MH&OH, as Harky noted, due to the inferior SP. So I think we can safely assume that your reasoning is that disc should take whichever weapons you don't want.

    WRONG

    pretty sure divine aegis is garbage but just for the sake of argument holy priests have surge of light , holy concentration and inspiration. 3 talents vs 1 that benefit from crit. and even for the sake of argument that you pick up inspiration in your disc build you still lose.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

  3. #23

    Re: What weapon from ICC as Disc Spec?

    Quote Originally Posted by kronpas
    ok, I take it that you mean haste isnt a "good stats" for disc priest heal.

    Then your post immediate after that:

    !?
    was a joke chief , which is why i made a real response directly after
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

  4. #24

    Re: What weapon from ICC as Disc Spec?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonish
    WRONG

    pretty sure divine aegis is garbage but just for the sake of argument holy priests have surge of light , holy concentration and inspiration. 3 talents vs 1 that benefit from crit. and even for the sake of argument that you pick up inspiration in your disc build you still lose.
    Hi, welcome to the real world. All functional Disc builds take Inspiration. Even PVP builds. Also, if you've been living under a rock, Divine Aegis is a stacking buff. It stacks to level * 125. That's 10,000 damage. Divine Aegis is amazing. Surge of Light, if you're unaware, reduces healing throughput. It's merely a perk taken to get an instant heal off. It's also up so much that many builds only take 1/2 SoL due to multi-hitting crit-capable spells. As far as Holy Concentration? Typical Holy Priest going for Haste/Spirit gear and gemming Int primarily will have 30%+ crit with Holy spells. That gives you 80%+ uptime already with virtually no crit gear. Yeah, Holy really needs that crit all right.

    Holy strongly prefers Haste. Disc prefers crit until your gear is high enough ilevel to surpass 5-600 haste while having reasonable other stats. At that point Disc likes haste and crit equally. Even when Holy passes their 'soft cap' on Haste at 14% they still prefer haste to crit. The only reason Disc does well with crit is because Divine Aegis effectively causes your heals to crit for 195%, with 30% of that healing being exempt from overhealing, which is what crit as a healer usually becomes. Instead Disc has a 10,000 overhealing-crit buffer to work with.

  5. #25

    Re: What weapon from ICC as Disc Spec?

    Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Sliver of Pure Ice is the only real standout for Disc. Muradin's would have been great, but they spoiled that.. It's getting more and more depressing that the top throughput trinket is still IDS.
    Sliver is fine, I want it and all, but frankly I'd trade that mana in for some SP and movie tickets. Heck you can skip the movie tickets.

    I'm staring at Bauble of True Blood and trying to figure out who the heck will want it. If the static effect was thoughput as well then I could see people using it. If the MP5 wasn't so low I could see Pallies using it. As it is it seems truly horrible compared to SoF. Do Blizz really want us all to keep running ToC and ToGC till our eyes bleed and our guildies hate us just for 2 trinkets? Is this some scheme to ensure that there are healers for the entry tier of raids?

  6. #26

    Re: What weapon from ICC as Disc Spec?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonish
    pretty sure divine aegis is garbage but just for the sake of argument holy priests have surge of light , holy concentration and inspiration. 3 talents vs 1 that benefit from crit. and even for the sake of argument that you pick up inspiration in your disc build you still lose.
    Very funny and uninformed answer. I will not repeat what Harky has brilliantly explained previously (thank you for your contributions on this forum I always find'em excellent ones) but I will just add that inspiration for Holy is more or less waste imo. If you read the tooltip it has been changed to 10% physical damage reduction. Assuming Holy priest should mostly be assigned to raid healing I consider physical raid damage as an exception or as the result of some tanking issue. Inspiration is 95% applied and refreshed by disc priest on tanks, which is the most relevant use of this talent.

  7. #27

    Re: What weapon from ICC as Disc Spec?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ândrömèdâ
    Very funny and uninformed answer. I will not repeat what Harky has brilliantly explained previously (thank you for your contributions on this forum I always find'em excellent ones) but I will just add that inspiration for Holy is more or less waste imo. If you read the tooltip it has been changed to 10% physical damage reduction. Assuming Holy priest should mostly be assigned to raid healing I consider physical raid damage as an exception or as the result of some tanking issue. Inspiration is 95% applied and refreshed by disc priest on tanks, which is the most relevant use of this talent.
    Despite your implication that Inspiration was nerfed by the change, compared to when it was a % armor increase (3.1?) the change to Inspiration was a large buff to its effectiveness for tanks. Also, rumor is that blizzard is toying with the idea of introducing new, exciting 5- and 10-man content in which raids might not have a disc priest or resto shaman to supply tanks with the buff. Inspiration is still a great talent for holy priests.
    Bigslick (13/14H)
    "Those who deny respect for others deserve it not for themselves."

  8. #28

    Re: What weapon from ICC as Disc Spec?

    It's also very important to understand that there are physical damage AOEs in the game. There are also boss fights with adds. It might not be completely vital on every fight, but unless you're respeccing for specific fights that's not something you should be concerned with. Also, while in single target tank fights Disc will have nye-100% uptime on that tank, most fights are no longer single-tank affairs. Marrowgar is an amazing example because on 25 man, you have three tanks. Each is taking very high physical damage. PoM and CoH both activate Inspiration, potentially to all three tanks at the same time. Faction champs, Anub'Arak, Gunship, all very likely that non-tanks will take physical damage at some point. It's also a redundancy in buffs. If your Disc Priest dies your tank won't be in risk of taking 10% more damage. It gives someone to cover a buff and even if everyone is alive, someone to maximize uptime.

  9. #29

    Re: What weapon from ICC as Disc Spec?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    /cry

    Want to buy healing trinket that actually makes sense for disc, is it just me or do all the ICC trinkets seem like bad compromises for us?
    Definitely not only you.

    I'm somewhat happy with my Abacus though. The healing it does usually i in the 2-3% range of my total healing (including shields that is, otherwise it's around 5-6% of the actual healing done). And it's semi-smart.

    Solace never drops for me (the first and only one I've seen drop one of our holy priests got) and trying to find another trinket for use as my secondary one is a bit hard. While the emblem trinket isn't bad I feel it underbudgeted. Good thing I can 'borrow' that one while saving for another Emblem item! :>

    Well, the heroic Sliver do seem like one seriously good trinket though. At least if it has the 1 min CD it seems to have.

    ---

    Anyway, back on topic about weapons. I snatched the Frozen Bonespike because it had good spell power and also crit. While the spirit isn't perfect on it it was probably the best upgrade I could do. I also have a shadow offspec and the spirit at least get some value there.

  10. #30

    Re: What weapon from ICC as Disc Spec?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonish
    WRONG

    pretty sure divine aegis is garbage but just for the sake of argument holy priests have surge of light , holy concentration and inspiration. 3 talents vs 1 that benefit from crit. and even for the sake of argument that you pick up inspiration in your disc build you still lose.
    Seriously? Divine Aegis is 10% of my healing on my many given nights. My latest World of Logs had Divine Aegis healing at 1 million for an average of 2100 per heal. That's not insignificant by any means. Other people have said it before me but DA is really, really good.
    <

  11. #31

    Re: What weapon from ICC as Disc Spec?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonish

    pretty sure divine aegis is garbage
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v...=10178&e=10652

    Garbage, you say?
    (5 healers, "disc on tanks").

    On the topic: whichever drops first. (of course if it will be better upgrade for other healers - pass).

  12. #32

    Re: What weapon from ICC as Disc Spec?

    Quote Originally Posted by malkolm
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v...=10178&e=10652

    Garbage, you say?
    (5 healers, "disc on tanks").

    On the topic: whichever drops first. (of course if it will be better upgrade for other healers - pass).
    While I won't deny DA is good that log seems a bit fishy. Bugged? Normally my total DA's 'heals' for around 10% of my healing or below. Definately not as high as 25%. And the DA count on that fight is around twice of the amount of crits you totally did with any spells.

    And, the amount it prevented is way above 30% (haven't checked your gear but I doubt you still have the bonus to increase it if you have killed Putricide) of ALL healing (not only crits) done by your spells (excluding PW:S and Renew).

    As said, DA is good, but providing a better log to prove your point would have been prefered.

    Kind of agree on your last line though.

  13. #33

    Re: What weapon from ICC as Disc Spec?

    Bugged WoL. Nothing new. Crits totally 375k, DA totalling 383k. 51.7% overheal. DA max should be ~217k.

    What's happening is your PW:S numbers and DA numbers are corrupting each other. The extra 166k from DA is coming from the misread on PW:S. Showing it down at 2k per bubble is pretty typical of that happening.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •