Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Give "newbs" a chance.

I ALWAYS give NEWBS a chance.

If they ask, i respond. If you fail, i try to help them. If they don't know, I'll explain.

They can die in a fire for all i care.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by zox
    I think what he really means is that it's fun to run an instance, which is closely tuned to what your group can do, where mobs live more than 3 seconds, and you may actually have time to see stuff...
    Mobs could live more than three seconds if they made less trash, harder, and that responsibility shouldn't be on "people that don't know how to DPS".

Every trash pack should feel like a boss. Every trash pack should have mobs that you have to CC, mobs that you have to interrupt, mobs that do tricks that you HAVE to handle. Most trash now only exists to make a dungeon longer, which is just stupid.

AoE spells shouldn't be as powerful as they are now. You shouldn't ever want to hurricane, blizzard, FoK multiple mobs that do different things. You should want to AoE onyxia whelps, Freya's lasher trash, Hodir's Jormungar worms. You shouldn't want to AoE any three mobs standing within range of each other.

Yes, there is a difference between "inexperienced" and "moronic", and the former should be nurtured into better players, by all means. The latter should go back to Grindscape.

Newbs good.

Noobs bad.

For reference

If I notice someone playing a class I play (arms/prot warrior, ret/prot pally, 2h-spec DK) is lagging behind a bit in terms of efficiency, I'll ask them if they're fresh 80s. If so, I'll ask about their rotation/what threat moves they use when, give a few pointers, and move on. If they sit there and go "I NO WUT IM DOIN I BEEN TANKIN AS A PALLY SENSE VANYLLA LOLZ" I'll quietly start a vote-kick before the urge to tear the idiot a new one overwhelms me, and I'll put on my tank set and emergency-offtank until we get a proper tank.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Noobs, Newbs, Moroons, and general ass holes, Just dont desirve a Change, I just logged off, be cause they were pissing me off to fucking much, stepped out 5 randoms on my alt ( 35 ) whit paladins who signed in as healer, whit 1k mana o.O warrior tanks whit a 2h Gray named wep >.>
    it seems coz the commercials blizz made, a shitload of the above named wow players joined wow, it whas fun +/- 5 years ago, now its realy pissing me off badly, and now i whas talking about Low lvl noobs, and now about lvl 80 fucking idiots... I mean, you play 80 lvls Long... And you still dont know WTF to do?! ( not talkiing about e-bayers, because they just need to die instant ) just L2P or GTFO!

sorry for my language, and spelling, but had to blow of steam, Thank god i saw this post
    (>Q.Q)># <(n.n<) { Here you go, you can have my cookie!}

Quote Originally Posted by Wolp
    Noobs, Newbs, Moroons, and general ass holes, Just dont desirve a Change, I just logged off, be cause they were pissing me off to fucking much, stepped out 5 randoms on my alt ( 35 ) whit paladins who signed in as healer, whit 1k mana o.O warrior tanks whit a 2h Gray named wep >.>
    it seems coz the commercials blizz made, a shitload of the above named wow players joined wow, it whas fun +/- 5 years ago, now its realy pissing me off badly, and now i whas talking about Low lvl noobs, and now about lvl 80 fucking idiots... I mean, you play 80 lvls Long... And you still dont know WTF to do?! ( not talkiing about e-bayers, because they just need to die instant ) just L2P or GTFO!

sorry for my language, and spelling, but had to blow of steam, Thank god i saw this post
    He isn't talking about noobs. He's talking about new players, or people who are new to a given class at level 80. These are people who could use a friendly tidbit of advice, even if that's a polite point towards MMO-Champion, Tankspot, or Elitist Jerks.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

So the new emblem of triumph system was not enough. Trial of the Crusader was not enough? The guides on MMO-champion was not enough? At this point why do you play the game blizzard basically sucked casuals dicks and your still not happy what else do you want?

So true Seperate.

There is big difference between noobs and newbs.
    Sure i'll give new players a chance, i'll point them in the right direction, offer some tips and wont mind too much if there dps is a bit lame.
    I will however not give noobs a chance, these are the people who through anything back at you with abuse any time you try to help, when this happens it is a instant vote kick no question.
    Im not to fussed with incompetency, but i dont tolerate people who are too lazy or arrogant to do anything about the fact that they play incompetently, i.e anyone less than 14 pisses me off
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellevad View Post
    The polymorph turtle doesn't walk slower than the polymorph sheep. It's just a bit less likely to be hit on by a welshman

We gave peace a chance and now we is killin mans in Iraq.

"Wall of Text.. designated reader.. OVER NINE THOUSAND."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Steege
    I think it might be time for more experienced players to reconsider running with new, extremely casual, or just plain bad players of the World of Warcraft.
    Thanks but no thanks. It's my entertainment time, I don't feel like spending it on teaching some random person I don't know on the Internet how to play properly.

Quote Originally Posted by ewhenn
    Thanks but no thanks. It's my entertainment time, I don't feel like spending it on teaching some random person I don't know on the Internet how to play properly.
    /thread.

noobs can run with other noobs

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by hasslemoff

No

As a raid/guild leader I always like to bring inexperienced people to some of our raids so they start learning how raids work. I have a guildie that always bitches about bringing new people to raids (ended up dating one of the people he HATED to group with for a while...go figure) but we always pull through and we have a new person learning about the encounters.

We're a small guild and we don't have many people on a lot of the times, this allows us to bring those people that are inexperienced but always on since our most experienced and geared players are always either working or doing some IRL stuff we have no control over. Last night we 8 manned ToC10 with a bunch of our lower geared alts and geared 1 main...It was possibly the most fun we've ever had while doing that instance (What's funny is we kept wiping while pugging geared people from top progression guilds and once they left we rocked the instance while teaching our "newbs" how to progress in the instance. It was definitely rewarding for me as a guild leader.

10+ Year Old Account

I love all of these posts saying "no! I don't have time to teach noobs! ZOMG! I'm so epic!". Well, guess what, at one point in time YOU didn't know how the instance worked. You didn't know every boss mechanic. You learned it. You went in as a "noob" with some one more experienced than you and they didn't say "omg noob!" and kick you. Get over yourself. You probably aren't that good of a player any way.

riveting tale chap
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

Quote Originally Posted by AgentBuckwald
    I love all of these posts saying "no! I don't have time to teach noobs! ZOMG! I'm so epic!". Well, guess what, at one point in time YOU didn't know how the instance worked. You didn't know every boss mechanic. You learned it. You went in as a "noob" with some one more experienced than you and they didn't say "omg noob!" and kick you. Get over yourself. You probably aren't that good of a player any way.
    No. Just no. There are like 100.000.000.000 guides for every class out there. There are forums, there are websites, there are popular and most efficient specs for every class, that you can even copy / paste if you cba to read what abilities do.
    There are videos about bosses, there are databases with items and so forth.

If you are too lazy to read / watch that - GTFO of my group, waste someone elses time.

The problem are the retards that think they dont have to spend any effort in anything and just want free loot.

I had a dk in my group this morning: about 1k dps. Mixture of tanking / pvp and dps gear. around ilvl213 and 232. Not gemmed not enchanted.
    Spec 0/0/71. Dual wielding as Unholy. I told him: "you know that frost is for dual-wielding, yes?" His answer was: "LOL IT DOESNT MATTER".
    Then i mentioned his gear. He was like: "DUDE IM COLLECTION TANKING GEAR ATM". I didnt response, vote to kick, everyone was happy he was gone.

Another example: Rogue in 4/5 T9, doing 1,4k damage. I asked him if he could focus a bit more in order to increase his dps. He said he doesnt have good enough gear - so I told him that people easily pulled 1k at lvl70. His answer was: "OH SRY im no hero, you are the greatest...".

3rd: Hunter dping in Viper Aspect all the time, doing about 700 dps (avg gear level about 226-232). We asked him if he could change the aspect and use something else then auto shot, he just did not. Even after asking 3 times, he refused to go to dragonhawk.

4th. Hunter BM-Specced, some T9-parts doing roughly 1,4k damage. I told him that SV is a way better spec for dps and that he could pull atleast twice the amount of dps. He was like "NO, i like being BM". Please, be my guest, be BM somewhere else. If I play a dps class my fucking duty is to maximize it. You dont play a healer in dps spec just because you like it more...no one will do instances with you either.

See my point? Such people pissing me (and others) off. They should be banned for the whole PUG-System.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Steege
    I loved it. It took way longer than it normally does to blow through the instance, whiped once, and struggled on things I haven't struggled on in a long time. It was challenging, exciting, and a bit humorous, it is a great break from the faceroll monotony that most of the runs I am on have become. Before you bail early on your next group of "bads" what I am saying, is give "newbs" a chance.
    I agree with you, healing a massively undefence-capped tank through heroic PoS recently was both a challenge and quite satisfying when we ended up getting the achievement on the tunnel and one-shot Scourgelord. But while this group was very newbish, with 2 melee who died to poison nova (along with the tank), and any number of other failures - they weren't noobish because after tactics were explained they got the trick and the boss would die on the next attempt.

There can be satisfaction teaching people how to be better at what they do. But running with true noobs who never learn and refuse to listen, that's a pain I'll not willingly endure.

Quote Originally Posted by T2W7F
    No. Just no. There are like 100.000.000.000 guides for every class out there. There are forums, there are websites, there are popular and most efficient specs for every class, that you can even copy / paste if you cba to read what abilities do.
    This is true, but a lot of the information on the internet is massively out of date. New players who just google to find some advice will generally find information that's irrelevant or downright misleading. Even if all you do is tell them about EJ or MMO-champ sometimes that's all a newb needs to improve. They may have stumbled onto them on their own, or they might not.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by T2W7F
    There are videos about bosses, there are databases with items and so forth.

If you are too lazy to read / watch that - GTFO of my group, waste someone elses time.

The problem are the retards that think they dont have to spend any effort in anything and just want free loot.

I had a dk in my group this morning: about 1k dps. Mixture of tanking / pvp and dps gear. around ilvl213 and 232. Not gemmed not enchanted.
    Spec 0/0/71. Dual wielding as Unholy. I told him: "you know that frost is for dual-wielding, yes?" His answer was: "LOL IT DOESNT MATTER".
    Then i mentioned his gear. He was like: "DUDE IM COLLECTION TANKING GEAR ATM". I didnt response, vote to kick, everyone was happy he was gone.

Another example: Rogue in 4/5 T9, doing 1,4k damage. I asked him if he could focus a bit more in order to increase his dps. He said he doesnt have good enough gear - so I told him that people easily pulled 1k at lvl70. His answer was: "OH SRY im no hero, you are the greatest...".

3rd: Hunter dping in Viper Aspect all the time, doing about 700 dps (avg gear level about 226-232). We asked him if he could change the aspect and use something else then auto shot, he just did not. Even after asking 3 times, he refused to go to dragonhawk.

4th. Hunter BM-Specced, some T9-parts doing roughly 1,4k damage. I told him that SV is a way better spec for dps and that he could pull atleast twice the amount of dps. He was like "NO, i like being BM". Please, be my guest, be BM somewhere else. If I play a dps class my fucking duty is to maximize it. You dont play a healer in dps spec just because you like it more...no one will do instances with you either.

See my point? Such people pissing me (and others) off. They should be banned for the whole PUG-System.
    4 good examples. And those extreme situations, yes kick them. But, everyone else lumps people who are still wearing greens/blues as newbs. How many casual people know about this board, EJ, tankspot? Not many. If there is a blatant "stfu dude just tank" atitude from some one you are trying to help, then by all means kick them. But, if some one needs help and asks for it and takes what you teach them, that's a good thing. No one, ever, should just say ZOMG NEWB L2P!! HA!