Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Is there a way to "trick" the random heroic dungeon feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka
    Theoretically, there's a way to "sort-of" trick the system, but the chances of it working plummet when the number of people queuing increases. It also requires that you have a steady stream of people who don't want the "bonus" loot (let's call them 'dummies').

Dummies queue for the desired heroic...say Oculus.
    Rest of the group queues for random.
    System tries to put a group together based on what roles are available (hence the more people doing this mean less success).
    System sees dummies looking for Oculus, and needs to fill their group.
    Random group gets paired with dummies.

In reality it only has a tiny chance of working, given the size of the pool of players...but that's the theory.

TLR? The more people specifically queuing for Oculus, the better the chance people queuing for random dungeons will get it.
    this works even better if the dummy is a tank. or faster anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Araun
    this works even better if the dummy is a tank. or faster anyway.
    I used to queue oculus on my tank just to force people to do it. However, with the even further nerfs and here's even moar badges, gems, and possibly a mount, it's lost it's fun.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hethor
    Only bads don't like the new ICC5
    Thats not true, I don't go into those pieces of shit. I'm looking for 2 frost badges as quickly as possible, not looking at explaining "new" content to idiots who will wipe and make the dungeon take forever. I dont need any of those shitty purples, gimmie H VH or UK or some shit and let me get it over with instead of adding new shitty heroics to run.

Why run a harder dungeon when you can run an easy one in half the time and it doesn't matter if your grp is fail?

Edit: I can't spell

Quote Originally Posted by edén
    Get better gear.
    Thanks for that seriously awesome comment.

On topic: Yeah would be good if you could trick it into some of the easier/quicker heroics to get shit quicker. But from the comments seems like its not to be.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ostjaevel
    I would love to be able to skip those crappy instances.
    Only way to run them is if you got a group with brains, if not... your shit out of luck.
    So basically everything that is slightly difficult and requires half a brain to complete is crappy?

What I read is: I want to faceroll my way through everything and not have to pay any attention whatsoever, it would be even better if the game played itself and I just watched a movie in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Exera
    So basically everything that is slightly difficult and requires half a brain to complete is crappy?

What I read is: I want to faceroll my way through everything and not have to pay any attention whatsoever, it would be even better if the game played itself and I just watched a movie in the background.
    Ya, cause most ppl in heroics are there to have fun, not to grind emblems for gear so they can raid...

Quote Originally Posted by Hethor
    Only bads don't like the new ICC5
    We've got tribute to insanity 25 and i dont like to get them. If i want 2 emblems of frost i rather spend 10min in some fast and easy instance then get Pit of Saron or Halls of reflection and be there for half an hour even if i get a decent group.

i usually leave occulus as soon as i get in there. but yesterday I decided to try to give it a shot anyway....took them 5 mins to figure out how to get a mount. I left.

Quote Originally Posted by melathys
    i usually leave occulus as soon as i get in there. but yesterday I decided to try to give it a shot anyway....took them 5 mins to figure out how to get a mount. I left.
    Because of people like you, they added additional rewards in oculus, so grats on that - you fail for leaving still though

Anyway, after doing at least 1 heroic per day for frost emblems, my experience is that I get more HoS/Nexus/UK-type instances despite the fact that I have an average ilvl of 240. On my hunter around ilvl 226 it's the very same thing, so I haven't seen anything point to the fact that a certain gearscore should push you more towards a certain type of instances.