Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Latest lock news from front page - Blizz idea for DPS increase (all trees)

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor
    where do you get the 4.5% number from? 5% more dot damage *(i say 65-75% dmg by dots) equals 3,2-3,75% dmg boost, not even counting that 3rd stack you'd have to apply. still not bad, of course, plus if they also do something about imp SB, the (ofc hard to measure) dmg increase will be nice.
    I didn't get my number from anywhere, it was a simple guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unatural View Post
    * 80% of all Raid bosses is Melee Unfriendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Aren't raid bosses supposed to be unfriendly? I thought that's why we were trying to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus
    Uber geared ICC demo locks have more like 4k sp. But yea, the buff for demonology hardly makes it a good personal dps spec.
    not base spell damage which I believe what the buff is applied to - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Raspewpewtin

2960 base

Quote Originally Posted by jeffason
    not base spell damage which I believe what the buff is applied to - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Raspewpewtin

2960 base
    I've seen non icc geared locks with more than 3.2k base damage. So uber geared icc locks (as you put it) will be at a minimum of 4k sp.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

What about Pyroclasm?

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=18096

Instead of increasing SpellPower by 2% 4% 6% make it 3% 6% 9%

Unless you mean "demo-specced, uber geared warlocks, fully buffed, mid-raid boss fight", then no we don't have 4k sp.

Under those conditions however, 4-4.2k is reasonable.

I know blizzard said this is a minor patch and they won't make big changes, but I really hope the next big patch fix destro scaling, its sad to see such a fun spec slowly die as the others out-scale it.

Honestly, thought it is more valuable than some talents, I don't think pyroclasm is all that valuable. 3 points for a 6% potential damage increase only for 10 seconds after a conflag crit. While the crit rate of conflagrate is supposed to be rather high, i find that even in raids (note, i don't run with a boom too often) i end up with a crit rate of <60% on conflagrate... often the roughly the same as my crit rate with chaos bolt and incinerate... despite the talents that are supposed to raise the crit chance of conflagrate. In 10mans and 5mans especially, I only end up having maybe a 1/3-1/2 uptime. In concept the talent is good, but the fact that to have constant uptime you have to always crit with conflagrate is a bit silly. If it were a higher % i might consider it acceptable to have such low downtime, but right now... meh

As for scaling.... how about a talent that also makes your firestone give you 50% more crit from crit rating? might make crit a worthwhile stat for once.

Quote Originally Posted by ytironim
    I really hope the next big patch fix destro scaling, its sad to see such a fun spec slowly die as the others out-scale it.
    I can't see why people would enjoy playing Destruction over Demo or Affli.
    I find it's rotation to be the most predictable, I could honestly do it in my sleep.
    At least with Demo, when MC procs you stop spamming SBs and throw in 3 incins.

If destruction's damage falls too far behind the other specs and makes it less viable to raid with, why not just go affli or demo? Unless no one else in the raid is providing the replenishment from ISL, dest warlocks aren't needed.

Warlock's are a pure dps class, therefore we should provide as much dps/dmg as our gear, raid environment and buffs allow. If this means leaving the spec we feel most comfortable in, try to get some practise in heroics or on dummies before you make it your main spec. In the case of Demo, we provide nice caster buffs that makes up for our lower dps.
    Only thing destruction brings to the table that the other 2 specs don't, is the burst.

I think its silly, that 0/13/58 [or 3/15/55] is complaining about 53/0/18 getting a better buff. If topping meters matters that much to you, go 53/0/18 and learn the rotation.

I'm not saying destruction locks are useless, or that their rotation is a 2 button spam. Just that I, personally, find the other 2 specs to be more of a challenge [I've never really raided as demo at all, that might be why I find it harder].

Sorry for bad grammer and stuff, I'm tired =[.

Quote Originally Posted by ytironim
    Unless you mean "demo-specced, uber geared warlocks, fully buffed, mid-raid boss fight", then no we don't have 4k sp.

Under those conditions however, 4-4.2k is reasonable.
    What it sounds like they're doing is increasing the buff from DP from 10% to 20% SP for the Lock, but not the raid. This scales with all raid buffs, so those 4k+ figures are what would change. So it looks like I'll be running around 5.2k SP now, which is pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeizix
    I can't see why people would enjoy playing Destruction over Demo or Affli.
    I find it's rotation to be the most predictable, I could honestly do it in my sleep.
    At least with Demo, when MC procs you stop spamming SBs and throw in 3 incins.

If destruction's damage falls too far behind the other specs and makes it less viable to raid with, why not just go affli or demo? Unless no one else in the raid is providing the replenishment from ISL, dest warlocks aren't needed.

Warlock's are a pure dps class, therefore we should provide as much dps/dmg as our gear, raid environment and buffs allow. If this means leaving the spec we feel most comfortable in, try to get some practise in heroics or on dummies before you make it your main spec. In the case of Demo, we provide nice caster buffs that makes up for our lower dps.
    Only thing destruction brings to the table that the other 2 specs don't, is the burst.

I think its silly, that 0/13/58 [or 3/15/55] is complaining about 53/0/18 getting a better buff. If topping meters matters that much to you, go 53/0/18 and learn the rotation.

I'm not saying destruction locks are useless, or that their rotation is a 2 button spam. Just that I, personally, find the other 2 specs to be more of a challenge [I've never really raided as demo at all, that might be why I find it harder].

Sorry for bad grammer and stuff, I'm tired =[.
    Even though blizzard says there shouldn't have to be a choice between raid utility and good dps, we still generally have to, and they haven't done all that much to solve the problem. Right now warlocks have to choose between destro (virtually no raid utility besides summons and healthstones, unless you have no unholy dk or boomkin for the 13% spelldamage, and not as good dps as affliction), demo (great raid utility between lower SS CD, all the things that destro has, plus demonic pact, but worse dps than destro), and affliction (provide the 5% crit debuff as part of their rotation, plus the things destro provides, great selfhealing to take stress off healers, and no mana problems! Best dps of the 3.). The choice right now is pretty poor. If i run destro or demo, dps suffers and i spend more time than I would like lifetapping. If i run affliction.... no mana problems, good dps, some raid utility, plus selfhealing.

Destro is a poor choice right now because it doesn't provide raid utility, and isn't the best dps. People might being willing to sacrifice dps if they provided raid utility and were as easy as arcane mages or rogues (close, but not that easy), but they are simply a bit easier, and if anything you lose raid utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordcrimmeh
    Even though blizzard says there shouldn't have to be a choice between raid utility and good dps, we still generally have to, and they haven't done all that much to solve the problem. Right now warlocks have to choose between destro (virtually no raid utility besides summons and healthstones, unless you have no unholy dk or boomkin for the 13% spelldamage, and not as good dps as affliction), demo (great raid utility between lower SS CD, all the things that destro has, plus demonic pact, but worse dps than destro), and affliction (provide the 5% crit debuff as part of their rotation, plus the things destro provides, great selfhealing to take stress off healers, and no mana problems! Best dps of the 3.). The choice right now is pretty poor. If i run destro or demo, dps suffers and i spend more time than I would like lifetapping. If i run affliction.... no mana problems, good dps, some raid utility, plus selfhealing.

Destro is a poor choice right now because it doesn't provide raid utility, and isn't the best dps. People might being willing to sacrifice dps if they provided raid utility and were as easy as arcane mages or rogues (close, but not that easy), but they are simply a bit easier, and if anything you lose raid utility.
    Actually Affliction pretty much brings absolutely no raid utility. You don't have enough free pts to pick up imp healthstones & the 5% spell crit is brought by the already mandatory demo lock.
    Destro can at least pick up replenish & Imp Healthstones easily if the demo lock doesn't want to drop Master Summoner for them.

Quote Originally Posted by MingMei
    Buff the destro warlock not the imp. :-X
    But da pvpz mon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mystearica
    Actually Affliction pretty much brings absolutely no raid utility. You don't have enough free pts to pick up imp healthstones & the 5% spell crit is brought by the already mandatory demo lock.
    Destro can at least pick up replenish & Imp Healthstones easily if the demo lock doesn't want to drop Master Summoner for them.
    Mandatory you say? I'm on a low pop server with 4 times more alliance than horde. I am the only warlock in my guild. What i do run with regularly however is shadowpriests and ret paladins. These both provide replenishment. There are plenty of things i could provide for raid utility if i specced into them, but especially for personal dps, improved healthstone is a waste. The ~900 health difference is not worth 2 points.

Scorch isn't really part of a serious mage dps rotation, so me providing it with affliction is most definitely good raid utility. In the top damage specs, demo by far provides the most raid utility, but affliction provides the second most, and destruction last (0/18/53 being the top simcraft, and 3/13/55 being what i use, for less hit rating and shadowfury for saurfang).

Frankly my main point is that if a spec doesn't do great dps, and doesn't provide any mandatory raidbuffs... why should they get a slot in a raid? As destruction someone else provides both CotE equivalent (an unholy DK), a mage scorches, and a ret or spriest provides replenishment. there are people in my guild with less gear that can match even my theoretical dps, while providing raidbuffs. Thankfully for the moment i have a fixed raid spot, but without a buff.... who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordcrimmeh
    Mandatory you say? I'm on a low pop server with 4 times more alliance than horde. I am the only warlock in my guild. What i do run with regularly however is shadowpriests and ret paladins. These both provide replenishment. There are plenty of things i could provide for raid utility if i specced into them, but especially for personal dps, improved healthstone is a waste. The ~900 health difference is not worth 2 points.

Scorch isn't really part of a serious mage dps rotation, so me providing it with affliction is most definitely good raid utility. In the top damage specs, demo by far provides the most raid utility, but affliction provides the second most, and destruction last (0/18/53 being the top simcraft, and 3/13/55 being what i use, for less hit rating and shadowfury for saurfang).

Frankly my main point is that if a spec doesn't do great dps, and doesn't provide any mandatory raidbuffs... why should they get a slot in a raid? As destruction someone else provides both CotE equivalent (an unholy DK), a mage scorches, and a ret or spriest provides replenishment. there are people in my guild with less gear that can match even my theoretical dps, while providing raidbuffs. Thankfully for the moment i have a fixed raid spot, but without a buff.... who knows.
    If you're the only warlock, you should be demo. Demonic Pact is just too good not to have in raids.
    Destro may not be highest, but is still very much viable.
    To take your point to the extreme, you might as well just bring 15 rogues since they're the highest dps class atm or how ever many you need to fill the raid with after specific raid buffs.

That IS taking my point to a ridiculous extreme. My only point now is that i might as well be a rogue providing no raidbuffs, since nothing i can provide besides ISB and demonic pact is necessary. I am fine with running demo for demonic pact, but my real point is that if you're sacrificing raid utility for dps, shouldn't it be worth it? affliction and destruction just really aren't right now.