Account likely hacked - does pass change kick hackers from account?

I think I got hacked an hour ago...they slapped an authenticator on the bnet account.

I went to

https://us.battle.net/account/suppor...word-reset.xml

And changed the password on the account. I still cannot login because an authenticator is blocking me. Does changing the password immediately kick the hacker off the account? Or can they still play until they logout?

I did have a virus on my computer about a week ago, but removed it. Hijackthis and malwarebytes scans show my computer is currently clean.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Re: Account likely hacked - does pass change kick hackers from account?

They will not be kicked off of the account until they log out of the account. Contact Blizzard immediately so that you can take the steps needed to get your account back and remove that authenticator, in addition to that I would definitely suggest you buy one for yourself to prevent this from ever happening again.
    Quote Originally Posted by WyriHaximus
    We are battling big ass dragons, huge fire elementals, gone mad paladins and you worry about something small like this?

Blizzard call center is closed until 8 AM. There are a couple threads about authenticators being added to accounts when they hacked on the official forums, and I notice it tends to occur around 1 AM in the morning. It seems like hackers are using the authenticator system against honest customers. Hackers wait for the call center to close, and then start slapping authenticators on accounts which allows them to farm or vendor everything and the customer cannot stop them for the entire night.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Ugh. I'm on a trial account right now. My shaman just logged in... Great.

submitted a ticket on the trial account. ill see if i get through.

Well they are currently farming on my shaman. Ticket still submitted.

Well I haven't seen them at all in the last 30 minutes, and they didn't finish gutting my toons on this server. Starting to suspect they logged off the account for whatever reason and now since I changed the password they can't get back on to finish the deed.