Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: "When does MP5/Crit gear beat Haste gear for a Holy Pally?"

but which is the superior of the ones i linkt?=p just trying to understand ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sintua
    but which is the superior of the ones i linkt?=p just trying to understand ^^
    Depends on your Haste Rating, stay above soft cap, if you can manage to loose the Haste Rating then go for the Critical one, the MP5 will help you through it as will the stats, if you get under Haste Rating either try to switch a different piece of gear around, if not possible I'd use the Tightening Waistband. Just do some counting and see what you can loose and what you wanna gain. :P I can't really say which is superior, I know the SP/Crit/Haste is out of my mind, but it's hard to see without your armory link to get a check on how your gear is like and stats. But like I most people say, Haste is more important then Crit, so keep that atleast above the soft cap.
    Please be sure to read the signature guidelines found here
    http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8...rumfinisho.png

In remembrance of my old main: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Sha%27tar&n=Purina

how much haste do y need for soft cap ? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sintua
    how much haste do y need for soft cap ? :P
    Haste soft cap is 687, moment your Flash of Light spell reached 1second 'with raid buffs and Judgement on'
    Some people say 676 or 682, but at the moment I'm having 682 and Flash of Light is 1.04 at the moment, so I figure around 687.
    *can't wait for her crafted Mail boots to be finished'
    Please be sure to read the signature guidelines found here
    http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8...rumfinisho.png

In remembrance of my old main: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Sha%27tar&n=Purina

Quote Originally Posted by Jaily
    here's my armory link (val'anyr is in progress, had a wow-break during ulduar content...)

when i'm looking to some top guild holy pallys like Protek from ensidia they seem to go the same way like me.

I'm looking forward hearing of your point about things went since hardmode icc.

ps: i'm not a native speaker, if there are any incomprehensions, let me know and i'll try to fix them.
    I don't understand hardly anything that you just said. It's probably a language thing. Sorry. So there's really only two things I can address here.

First, my stance has not changed since Hardmodes came out. The difficulty of the content doesn't change anything except to make it more important that you gear correctly. There has been no changes to our core abilities, so the premise remains the same. Int > Haste > MP5 > Crit/SP. Haste/MP5 > Haste/Crit > Crit/MP5.

Second, looking at your and the Ensidia guy's armories, I don't see how either of you differs from the above premise. In fact, he's wearing a good deal of my BiS list. The only place where he differs with me is the legs, which are tricky to begin with as you're basically trying to choose the prettiest poop out of a pile of shit. Who knows why he went with the Crit/MP5 version? Could be he valued the increased Int high enough to take the loss of Haste. Or maybe he just wanted the higher GS. Or just hasn't seen anything better. My guess, judging by the fact that every single other piece of his gear has Haste on it is that he values the Int increase highly. There are, literally, no 277 pants with Haste on them. The Boots, on the other hand, do have 277 Haste alternatives. So I don't know how you can say this Ensidia guy agrees with you when he's wearing Haste Boots and you've chosen not to.

<WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    I don't understand hardly anything that you just said. It's probably a language thing. Sorry.
    ye, sorry by reading my text, even i don't understand a word i wrote.. shame on me it was pretty late :-\

but thanks for your quick reply, you just gave me the answer i wanted to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest

4P T10 is a big fat "pass nty".
    I disagree, as I think it has some situational use, but those situations are rather limited.

The main time I can see it having a use is on Valithria when you need to move for a portal and are trying to minimize healing downtime. If you are moving, throw a HS, hoping crit for an Infusion FoL, and then you still have the buff up to get another HL off before the portal opens. Again, it's extremely situational, but it does have some uses. I just recently got it (mainly due to luck with VoA drops), so I'm still playing around with it.

It also does seem to kick in before all haste modifiers, so essentially your cast is 2.7 to start instead of 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob002
    It also does seem to kick in before all haste modifiers, so essentially your cast is 2.7 to start instead of 3.0.
    Your average Pally will actually only get about .14 seconds of reduced casting time out of this bonus. It actually turns out to be a net loss when you realize that all your other HLs will be reduced by about .05 seconds based off the amount of Haste you give up from gear just to get the 4p.

Rather than go into this again, I'll redirect you to a recent post I already made about it here.

And a post I did about the circumstances required for this to save someone's life here. Note that I even gave the bonus the benefit of the doubt at the time and made my post as though it gave the full .3 seconds of decreased casting time.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

15+ Year Old Account

I've always been a believer of balancing out stats evenly and trying to reduce over emphasis on one-two stat(s). Right now my gear is a mixture of ICC loot and T10 gear and I couldnt ask for more (well, maybe something other than this 9month old 232 healing mace from razorscale in ulduar). The balance of hight crit, high buffed/stacked mp5, and efficient amount of haste I am more productive and survivable (in terms on mana and OOM'ing) now than I ever have.

Yes, OP is right, you should never upgrade just because of ilvl and instead pick and choose accordingly. Moving around my gear from ToC to ICC content has caused me to lose ~80 haste but ive gained 5% crit, 300mp5, and 400+sp. So its a win even if my casts arnt exactly <1sec now.

In my old guild the "top" (in quotes because he is highly favored) pally is geared based on ilvl (making him... -in wowheroes terms- #3 on the server) and his haste is below 450.

@masterpd

Jesus man you're not even haste capped. you must be AVOIDING haste to be that low. My holy set is fucking awful, and i have like 660 haste.

Just cause someone on your server is doing it wrong and has a good gearscore doesn't mean you should emulate him. Stacking high crit is stacking HPS, which is unreliable and un-needed. Stacking haste is also stacking HPS, but in a different way. There's less chance of tank death, because there is less time between heals. It's 100% reliable, your haste doesn't vary (except proc based, and stuff like bloodlust).

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Solandrys

Quote Originally Posted by luthe
    It's 100% reliable, your haste doesn't vary
    I believe the word you're looking for is "static". :P
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Quote Originally Posted by luthe
    @masterpd

Jesus man you're not even haste capped. you must be AVOIDING haste to be that low. My holy set is fucking awful, and i have like 660 haste.

Just cause someone on your server is doing it wrong and has a good gearscore doesn't mean you should emulate him. Stacking high crit is stacking HPS, which is unreliable and un-needed. Stacking haste is also stacking HPS, but in a different way. There's less chance of tank death, because there is less time between heals. It's 100% reliable, your haste doesn't vary (except proc based, and stuff like bloodlust).
    If your looking at his sig, you would be wise to note that he is a ret paladin.

Fail.
    Xentin
    Damage Control [Suramar-US]

hey firecrest i noticed that alot of your gear is Mail and some cloth... is there a big issue with have mail over plate... i know you said that more is always better than less... but wouldnt you get better stats out of the plate stuff over the mail and cloth???

Quote Originally Posted by Dragcon
    hey firecrest i noticed that alot of your gear is Mail and some cloth... is there a big issue with have mail over plate... i know you said that more is always better than less... but wouldnt you get better stats out of the plate stuff over the mail and cloth???
    No.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>