Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Rate the shadow priest above you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiemo
    Okay wait a min. When +18 spirit become better overall instead of +10 all stats??

U are only gaining 8 spirit and losing everything else.

Agi +10 Increases hit(no biggy) and Armor
    8 Spirit = 4 SP (Scales with kings)
    Agility does NOT increase hit, and you don't want to run around tanking...

Edit: Removed a stray "D"

Okay wait a min. When +18 spirit become better overall instead of +10 all stats??

U are only gaining 8 spirit and losing everything else.

so STR is no a brainer
    Int +10 increases mana and crit
    Agi +10 Increases hit(no biggy) and Armor
    Stam +10 increases health

So how is gaining 8 spirit better than losing these???
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ashj&n=Kodiemo
    if youre aiming for max dps, it indeed is.
    the only thing youre really losing here is the int, where mana is irrelevant and the crit rating you gain is almost nothing.

the 8 spirit is roughly noticeable too, but atleast it gives you something like 3sp + in the big picture it scales with kings, so yeah :P

nothing esle to say except that you should lose some hit and try to get the casterneck from heroic forge of souls.

myself:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nash&cn=Rawrkz

15+ Year Old Account

It's 15 spirit on chest though and I also prefer it. 18 Spirit would be feet or bracers where or fource crit and spellpower is much better suited.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by raxxeh
    if youre aiming for max dps, it indeed is.
    the only thing youre really losing here is the int, where mana is irrelevant and the crit rating you gain is almost nothing.

the 8 spirit is roughly noticeable too, but atleast it gives you something like 3sp + in the big picture it scales with kings, so yeah :P

nothing esle to say except that you should lose some hit and try to get the casterneck from heroic forge of souls.

myself:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nash&cn=Rawrkz
    You're completely forgetting the 10 sta and last I checked you did more damage alive than dead. You are effectively losing 10 stam and 10 int for 5 spirit... when you look at the effective PP values (0.59 for spirit and 0.22 for Int) you are gaining a massive 0.75 PP to lose out on 10 stam.

Considering those PP value are normalised for SP you are effectively losing out on 0.75 SP... a figure that is so small as to be meaningless. Anyone using the spirit enchant on their chest is making a poor decision.

As for your feet enchant, again 18 spirit on your feet instead of Tuskarr's vitality is a poor decision. Not only does Tuskarr's provide survivability but it's a clear DPS increase over icewalker or 18 spirit in any encounter with minimal movement. You can check a refrence in the shadow priest DPS sticky that provides numbers if you're so inclined.

Summary, chest enchant should be 10 stats and feet enchant tuskarr's unless for some reason you can't hit cap without icewalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    You're completely forgetting the 10 sta and last I checked you did more damage alive than dead. You are effectively losing 10 stam and 10 int for 5 spirit... when you look at the effective PP values (0.59 for spirit and 0.22 for Int) you are gaining a massive 0.75 PP to lose out on 10 stam.

Considering those PP value are normalised for SP you are effectively losing out on 0.75 SP... a figure that is so small as to be meaningless. Anyone using the spirit enchant on their chest is making a poor decision.

As for your feet enchant, again 18 spirit on your feet instead of Tuskarr's vitality is a poor decision. Not only does Tuskarr's provide survivability but it's a clear DPS increase over icewalker or 18 spirit in any encounter with minimal movement. You can check a refrence in the shadow priest DPS sticky that provides numbers if you're so inclined.

Summary, chest enchant should be 10 stats and feet enchant tuskarr's unless for some reason you can't hit cap without icewalker.
    i get what youre saying, and i guess you didnt take a look at my armory at all
    im using 10stats aswell + 24crit (nitro boost) on my boots.

just said that spirit (on chest, didnt take moving into account here) is for _max_ dps, and thats it. of course its just a small amount, but its more than +10 stats.

I understand what u are saying, but if u take into account that the 4sp, granted it get more from Kings, in the big picture you will make that up with raid buffs and self buffs. Plus the fact that if u can calc. 4SP into actual DPS it would be a minor .43 or .44 dps ( I believe ) a difference that will be rounded down anyway.

So in effect the +10 overall is the better enchant for DPS over less health and INT and DEATH.

On the side note, I keep getting beat out on the Neck drop. Man I hate ppl that need and dont really need it.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by raxxeh
    i get what youre saying, and i guess you didnt take a look at my armory at all
    im using 10stats aswell + 24crit (nitro boost) on my boots.

just said that spirit (on chest, didnt take moving into account here) is for _max_ dps, and thats it. of course its just a small amount, but its more than +10 stats.
    Do you have any idea what 0.75 SP is in terms of a 5min encounter where bosses have 40million hp? you'd be lucky if it equaled 200 damage... hell i'll give you 500 damage.

When you have raids capable of outputting 135K DPS, your pultry 500 damage over the length of the encounter is beyond meaningless. Staying alive is a far greater impact on your DPS and to be so ridgid with increasing your SP at all costs no matter how insignificant it is, is a detriment to your raid and to you're personal contribution.

I understand what u are saying, but if u take into account that the 4sp, granted it get more from Kings, in the big picture you will make that up with raid buffs and self buffs. Plus the fact that if u can calc. 4SP into actual DPS it would be a minor .43 or .44 dps ( I believe ) a difference that will be rounded down anyway.

So in effect the +10 overall is the better enchant for DPS over less health and INT and DEATH.

On the side note, I keep getting beat out on the Neck drop. Man I hate ppl that need and dont really need it.

PP values assume kings, so you're adding value on top of something that is already calculated. Its worth 0.75 PP more, a figure which is entirely insignificant.

Could use some input on my priest. As faar as getting BiS and stuff im not really to concerned. Still alot of raiders that gets more use of better dps gear than a shadowpriest.
    Hows my gemming\ haste vs crit and so on.
    Average about 6,5k dps raidbuffed. Depends on the fight and lightweave\ring procs.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rom&cn=Guggmor

Quote Originally Posted by Guggmor
    Could use some input on my priest. As faar as getting BiS and stuff im not really to concerned. Still alot of raiders that gets more use of better dps gear than a shadowpriest.
    Hows my gemming\ haste vs crit and so on.
    Average about 6,5k dps raidbuffed. Depends on the fight and lightweave\ring procs.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rom&cn=Guggmor
    wrong socketing in neck and gloves, haste is almost equal to SP so those socket bonuses is worth picking up.
    as far as trinkets goes you should pickup Nevermelting Ice Crystal from PoS to replace your Sliver of Pure Ice since crit stays with SWP you can keep the 20% crit rolling on it entire fight if you dont let it drop, quite significant dps increase.
    as far as enchants goes if you think you can handle the proc black magic would be 15dps upgrade with your current gear, also 15spi is higher dps then 10stat on chest as well, thou insignificant difference.
    as far as gear choise goes it all looks wierd to me, but i do suggest you pick up the crafted legs if you can afford it, bis pre hardmode, and cause of it lacks of hit while tier set has hit, makes collecting offpieces far more easier since you need alot of hit ones, which is everywhere and unwanted.
    also whats up with the only partial pvp spec?

moi: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...est&cn=Enduras

Hmm, wrong socket as in ive should have used Reckless ametrine? Then i fail, since i changed from using Reckless to Runed since gemming choices said More or equal to 6SP is go for Socketbonus, 5 or less should be Runed.

What do you mean gear choices look all wierd? Some more in deepth resons for failing gear would be nice Crafted legs is nice, running with Healing legs since the stats are good, and i never got any Trophys, so picked up the "best" i could get my hands on.
    The reason for the hight amount of spirit on items in because i offspecc holy on a regular basis, and less time using dispersion is more time doing damage.

Well, partial pvp specc is due to a recent Less Rabi attempt. Finally got the red drake. Havent bothered to respecc back, since silence is a very handy spell to have.

On the other hand. Your priest is sick. How much do you pull singletarget? About 7.5-8k?

Quote Originally Posted by Guggmor
    Hmm, wrong socket as in ive should have used Reckless ametrine? Then i fail, since i changed from using Reckless to Runed since gemming choices said More or equal to 6SP is go for Socketbonus, 5 or less should be Runed.

What do you mean gear choices look all wierd? Some more in deepth resons for failing gear would be nice Crafted legs is nice, running with Healing legs since the stats are good, and i never got any Trophys, so picked up the "best" i could get my hands on.
    The reason for the hight amount of spirit on items in because i offspecc holy on a regular basis, and less time using dispersion is more time doing damage.

Well, partial pvp specc is due to a recent Less Rabi attempt. Finally got the red drake. Havent bothered to respecc back, since silence is a very handy spell to have.

On the other hand. Your priest is sick. How much do you pull singletarget? About 7.5-8k?
    Might be part my fault, the OP was relevant for 3.2 mechanics... and it did say that at the top of the post... it's now been updated and you will see the gemming advice is changed for 3.3 mechanics.

Edit - By OP I mean the shadow priest DPS 101 sticky.

you have some random crit gems you should not have , missing out on quite a bit of haste for crit with those.

work on dropping a little hit ( i have about the same amount waiting on an upgrade)

and get rid of the scale of fates asap.

only other thing i noticed is if you are able to get an upgrade soon you can pick up a pair of gloves that have haste rather than the T9 you are using since dropping them wont drop your 2piece since your using chest and pants as well.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gath&cn=Jonish
    I know what i need to swap out but knock yerself out anyway =)
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Just wondering why you have gone for set bonus on your Feet there, but even though it is the same gem combo for Chest and Pants, you haven't made the same choice. You, like me seem to have a little low SP but I personally never noticed it to be a hinderance. The hit etc you covered in your post, all in all a very nice gear set you have there

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Fast+Forward

I do have the 2 piece T9 but I forgot to switch it back when I logged out :<

Haha yeah I didnt even realise I had 3 blue gems I think its because I needed 2 for my meta and then forgot to go back and change one to +23 sp

Also the potent gems are from before 3.3 I'm far too lazy to upgrade them to reckless

Jonish the Rotface trinket makes you a haste beast!

Quote Originally Posted by Leafmealone
    Just wondering why you have gone for set bonus on your Feet there, but even though it is the same gem combo for Chest and Pants, you haven't made the same choice. You, like me seem to have a little low SP but I personally never noticed it to be a hinderance. The hit etc you covered in your post, all in all a very nice gear set you have there

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Fast+Forward

I do have the 2 piece T9 but I forgot to switch it back when I logged out :<
    im a big fan of extra haste i only put then gem in those boots because i swapped my belt from a hit / crit belt to a haste/crit belt and picked up the hit back on my boots. I had a blue gem in my belt before but the new one doesnt have a blue slot so instead of using the blue as the prismatic in the belt i used it in the boots and picked up that set bonus. no real logic as to why it is in the boots other than that. Im not a fan of socketing dreadstones for the socket bonus even if it does end at a higher PP value according to statistics. socketing the haste ends in a higher dps output for fights with multiple targets. higher haste means faster ticking dots thus for adds that die fast you get alot more bang for your buck per cast on adds.

The only thing I am worried about at this point is when i swap to 4 piece T10 I am going to have a mind flay cast time well under 1 second when cooldowns are up or heroism is on, but I will deal with going more SP gems when it comes to that point if I deem it necessary.
    HTML Code:

gg for not linking your armory, oh well

here's mine

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Trogdorbrns

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdorbrns
    gg for not linking your armory, oh well

here's mine

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Trogdorbrns
    i linked it on the last page chief =)

only critiques i can see are your offhand / firestorm band which im sure your just waiting on upgrades to replace, and the bracers. Dunno why you dont have the bejeweled.
    HTML Code:

Quote Originally Posted by jonish
    i linked it on the last page chief =)

only critiques i can see are your offhand / firestorm band which im sure your just waiting on upgrades to replace, and the bracers. Dunno why you dont have the bejeweled.
    to lazy to fish for your link and im glutton for punishment

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...er&cn=Carenard

btw dont even dare say anything about my boot enchant ^^