How do you see locks and spriests in arena (2200+)?

Just a simple doubt I always had. How do you guys see locks compared to shadow priests in PvP?

I know the playstyle isn't the same and the amount of control a lock can put out in a game is uncomparable to a priest's one, but anyway, just curious to to know what you guys think of both.

Thanks in advance.

Edi: I forgot to add, the main reason of this is because the haste change for spriest, what made them pretty strong at my pov.

Re: How do you see locks and spriests in arena (2200+)?

I am currently running SPriest/Rogue in 2v2 on Cyclone. Only my Rogue has a mic for Ventrilo and we don't even use Tricks of the Trade. Last two weeks were both 9-1 Win/Loss ratios. I joined the team at 1800 with just Furious gear. We will probably break 1900 either this week or next, and I think 2k is more than possible. 2200 could be in the cards if both of us had mics. The comp itself has some juice. Over geared Affliction Warlocks seem to be the majority of our lost matches. I'm going to reserve my judgment on those matchups until I have enough Relentless to know whether or not it's a class counter situation or whether it's just them out gearing me due to MMR shenanigans with our team.

With that said I'm looking for an RShaman or RDruid for 3v3 next season to try SPriest/Rogue/RestoSomething. I'm currently leaning more towards RDruid due to all the RMP on Cyclone. I feel there's Gladiator potential in this 3v3 comp.

I'm running a haste build with moderate Stam/Resil stacking to make sure I have the health pool and mitigation necessary to not need Dispersion at times I need to be DPSing.

First of all thanks for your input.

I believe in the comps you described, a frost mage would do better than a rogue anyway, but that's not in question >D

I never played a spriest but I did played with an affliction lock and destro too over 2k and I felt amazing. The only problem was warriors teams, since our cc's were useless (resto shammy/lock).

How do you feel about your damage and survivability as a shadow priests? I've dueled a few in 3.3 and they were hitting pretty high on me with over 1k resil.

I feel my damage and survivability are in pretty good shape. Like I said I did gem for extra resil/stam. I'm really liking the haste approach for numerous reasons, the biggest one being more GCDs. The others are faster ramp up time and more consistent damage output.

As far as Warrior teams go we have zero problems as SPriest/Rogue. In fact I don't think I have ever needed my Rogue to peel a Warrior off of me. It will be interesting to see how that pans out in 3v3 if I can find my healer. We never lost to a double DPS team so I'm pretty confident Warrior/Whatever cleave won't be a whole lot different.

I'm sorry, but I kinda fail to understand what the question is. :-X

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

shadowpriest is very powerful but i keep it still one of the hardest if not hardest to play properly on arenas

edit - id go for lock but dont think you go easy on higher ratings with it without skill, even its easier than shadowpriest you still got loads of tools to pick up on certain situations + ive seen even the best locks cursing 24/7 when they cant do shit now and then against some comps

I'm thinking OP has a lock and a spriest, and wants to decide which to run with.

If this is indeed the case, I'd pick lock. A lot more viable arena comps for them, and less issue with survivability/mobility. The haste change was a large buff for shadow damage, yes, but nothing's really changed survivability wise. Shadowpriests still rely on peels, still need babysitting, still flop to melee cleaves, still run oom faster than any other dps spec.

Played some 3's today meeting teams between 2k-2,4k. The current state of spriests is pretty OP when it comes to arena, especially if they are teamed up with a shaman.

I have both a priest and a warlock, and in my opinion spriest is easier to play than a affliction warlock. Destro is still the same old faceroll though, just slightly reduced burst.

Shadowpriests require skill, affliction locks? not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Fjdn
    Played some 3's today meeting teams between 2k-2,4k. The current state of spriests is pretty OP when it comes to arena, especially if they are teamed up with a shaman.

I have both a priest and a warlock, and in my opinion spriest is easier to play than a affliction warlock. Destro is still the same old faceroll though, just slightly reduced burst.
    Destro is no longer faceroll. You be trollin' mon!

Especially at those ratings things are toned down adequately... or as close as the game will allow at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Fjdn

I know you'd like to think that destro works like that since you play affliction, but arena is not a 1shotfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgasmilk
    Shadowpriests require skill, affliction locks? not so much.
    Right....
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by ricks
    I know you'd like to think that destro works like that since you play affliction, but arena is not a 1shotfest.
    Agreed. 2v2 destro is impossible for me because I absolutely HATE being forced to cast immolate on every other cast. It = the not entertaining.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

So I've got a resto druid who is well geared, relentless weapons yadda yadda, and plays @ 2k-2200 MMR in 2s (i havent bothered to play 3s with him because i mostly just play with RL friends) and I was dueling around with a similarly geared shadow priest and i could not live through his burst 1v1. He killed me faster than some of the 2500+ rogues. So i definitely think that Spriests are viable from a damage/utility POV, i didnt check to see if he was geared for haste but he was pretty good.

Now, does this mean that he will do well with a DK or something like that sitting on him in the arena? No, but in a shadowplay comp or something similar (maybe hunter/rsham/spriest) I think it could be a solid team.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

First of all thanks to all replies you guys gave me.

Indeed I have a priest and a warlock and I was trying to find what you guys think of both. I play a resto shaman who is around 2.3k atm and I was looking for a new pov (dps). I really enjoy seeing locks in arena when they know what they are doing, the amount of control and dmg they spread is insane, but I see spriests doing the same latelly.

Quote Originally Posted by dambros
    First of all thanks to all replies you guys gave me.

Indeed I have a priest and a warlock and I was trying to find what you guys think of both. I play a resto shaman who is around 2.3k atm and I was looking for a new pov (dps). I really enjoy seeing locks in arena when they know what they are doing, the amount of control and dmg they spread is insane, but I see spriests doing the same latelly.
    Warlock will give you more control.

Spriest will give you more... erm... idk, frustration? Challenge is the word.

Locks are better then Spriest... its that simple...

Spriests are becoming the menaces they were in BC..

They HURT right now, and they have decent CCs.

Probs the best 1v1 class if played right..

I played some 3v3 with some friends for the lols and points( spriest) I rock 3022sp w/ IF, 7 % crit(mooncloth) 550 haste and im a troll playing with a shaman. I'm pve specced shadow atm so no stun/silence. we hit 1950 with me normally doing highest damage (shadowplay) people normally start training me jus tab target VT SWP pop out to assist heals wait for them to realise lock is raping, BL during the switch and blow something up. Works better if I juke on VT and get a flay on someone trying to los. strong!