Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: People abuse the vote-kick to much

heres a interesting idea how not to get vote kicked

1) do your job in heroics... aka if your a healer try healing people ? its exactly rocket science ... if your a dps try pull more the the tank cuz if u dont it just makes u look like a noob

2) dont be a retard and ask people if u wanna do something ... personally i always find just taking 12 seconds to type something and ask the group goes a long way for looting, skinning, mining etc... it not exactly hard to ask " hey anyone else here mine?" ud be suprised it goes a long way

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadow+Council&n=Divineknight
    http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/5593/divineknightsignature.jpg

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    So long as you get frost emblems out of heroics once a day. They are very much meant for high end players. Blues and 200 ilvl epics are the rarity. 232-245 epics are the norm.
    Bollocks, lower geared characters are just as entitled to frost emblems as higher geared ones, if you are truly farming them to get your t10 asap and you do not want to group with "noobs", run the daily with your guildmates, saves a serious lot of hassle.

I've had only one time where someone's raised a vote-kick. I think everyone voted it down though.

I've also had times where I have been a completely fail tank - you forget a lot when you come back after 9-months. Never been vote kicked.

I've only had one time where someone flipped out and left the dungeon, but that was FoS and if the healer hadn't left right afterwards I'm pretty sure we could have finished it.

Anyway, I think the kick probably gets abused more in situations where the dps overgears the tank. If it's the tank or healer that's padding the group then it's all just so much cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorious
    1. You shouldn't be mining during an instance.
    2. You should still heal the dps.
    3. Hooray for you?..
    4. Bullshit, 11hours played you can't be lvl 80.
    1.tank should wait for all before a boss and why not to mine if someone can?
    2.if dps overaggro from tank twice i let him to die because its his fault.
    3. u could atleast say gz
    4. i understand that ur english is worse then mine, and read what he wrote again.....

Quote Originally Posted by Charak
    HEROICS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS.
    Out... now

Quote Originally Posted by Charak
    My priest got kicked for mining 4g off a cobolt in UK just before 2nd boss
    Then, he got kicked from the 2nd group because I wasnt healing the dps who was constantly overaggroing the tank, the sad part is it was a hunter, wts feign death / misdirect >.>

Atleast in the 3rd group it was occ and I got the blue drake, with 0 party group deaths.

Fyi, my priest is only /played @80 for 11 hours. HEROICS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS.
    1. Mining can be done in instances, and yes, its okay to do but if : You don't pull anything and Nothing is going on. OR... If you're a Discipline priest. Since you've pretty much shielded (I HOPE) everyone, then it doesn't matter since you've done your duty till the shields drop. Oh and also there was something about asking if anyone else wants and if its okay for you to do so.

2. There are ways to stop this from happening. Learn how. As a healer, letting someone overaggroing the tank usually means there is something wrong with the tank. (I have a tank too so lets be mature here folks). But yes, there might be something wrong with the tank. Either way, let the tank know that he is overaggroing. Quite often if someone's overaggroing a mob, or its a class that can do so (i.e. Warlock/Warrior/Mage), they have counter-measures to help them survive till you can heal them. Tell them to suck it up and use those abilities.

3. Grats... I guess.

4. Yes, yes they are.

Yes they do.
    Got kicked out of HoR after being 1st/2nd dps (we were close) because other players were from the same real and their friend wanted to come in......
    Also if anyone is afk as soon as they get's in, can't even kick them =/

I don't want vote to kick changed. But I agree, it is abused way to much. The other day someone iniated a vote to kick someone right before we engaged the last boss of HoS. Right when the last boss was about to die they voted 'yes' to kick him and he missed out on 3 badges just for someone else to get a laugh. I admit, it was funny the first time. But getting kicked over and over for stupid reasons is just rediculous. Luckily, I mainly run as tank! No one ever kicks a decent tank.

1. You shouldn't be mining during an instance.
    2. You should still heal the dps.
    3. Hooray for you?..
    4. Bullshit, 11hours played you can't be lvl 80.
    1. Why the fuck not?
    2. Why should he, I'm sure as hell not going to tank for a hunter who hits distracting shot.
    3. You're just being a scrub here.
    4. Yes you can. Recruit a friend and instance AoE with three piece +10% exp.

1. I guess next time ask if anyone else wants to mine.
    2. Tell the hunter to L2MD/FD. Also tell the group why you weren't healing him. If that doesn't work, they're douches.
    3. Grats!
    4. ...grats? I can't tell just through that if you were doing an otherwise good job or not at healing, but I'm sure you were. I forgive people for being fresh, all characters are fresh at one point or another. Stupid, however, I don't accept.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

If I'm queueing with friends and LFG some random for the fifth spot we always vote kick them if they're being stupid. 90% of the time it's some random DPS pulling an earth-shattering sub-900 in full 232 welfare gear. I don't know how people like that manage to feed and bathe themselves much less log on to the internet.

My mage that has <12 hours of L80 played time can easily pull 3-5k with FFB spec living bomb cleave. This game is hard, bro.
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

1. First do the instance, if you wanna mine go fucking mine outside, you'r just wasting people's time.
    2. Let him die one time, most of the time he'll stop, if he then nerdrages, then idd you can stop healing.
    3. -
    4. Because editing is impossible hmm? He edited the post to how it is right now, l2read the quoted part?..
    oh wait, i wasted a few seconds mining this node, QQ much?

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster
    Bollocks, lower geared characters are just as entitled to frost emblems as higher geared ones, if you are truly farming them to get your t10 asap and you do not want to group with "noobs", run the daily with your guildmates, saves a serious lot of hassle.
    Way to twist words. You as well as I know that well geared players are equally interested in frost emblems as poorly geared players. Heroics are very much intended for well geared people to run them. If they didn't give those frost emblem rewards, I wouldn't bother and neither would anyone else who was past the heroics grind. Leaving the idiots that haven't done it yet to complete it with other idiots.

Remember kids, heroics are easy so that means 5 people in blues and greens should have no problem doing all the starter ones, right? That what I did when this expansion launched, others shouldn't have trouble doing the same. Sad fact is, if you were to find 5 random people at that level of gear in this stage of the game, there's no way in hell they'd be able to complete it.

The random LFG system IS designed to have better geared players carry weaker ones. If it didn't I would always be running with ToGC geared players like the "will try to group you with similarly geared players" portion of the LFG description says. Instead, I usually get 1-2 ToC/badge geared players and 1-2 fresh 80's. I can't think of a situation where I've met 4 other competent people at once in LFG, I've never seen a tank pull more threat then I can and, hell, I out damage the dps 90% of the time.

I don't think I'm that good at this game. I would just hope that others would be able to perform to the embarrassing easy level of play required to complete heroics. So no, 1k dps is not good even for a fresh 80. I've pulled 3k consistently through heroics on three separate classes now, gear is no excuse for sucking up heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Remember kids, heroics are easy so that means 5 people in blues and greens should have no problem doing all the starter ones, right? That what I did when this expansion launched, others shouldn't have trouble doing the same. Sad fact is, if you were to find 5 random people at that level of gear in this stage of the game, there's no way in hell they'd be able to complete it.
    That's right kids, back in my day we could complete heroics in blues and greens, but 12 months later people are suddenly stupid and can't.

Back in MY day when heroics were fresh, getting a boss down with no wipes was cause for a round of high fives while we rezzed the dead. Offhand and people like him seem to have a complete lack of perspective.

Back then -
    • Getting a tank with 30k health was a GEARED run.
    • DPS hitting 3k was leet
    • You had to spam trade to find enough geared toons to do a Timed CoS, instead of getting it by default every run.
    • The healer didn't "let" the agro pulling DPS die, they HAD TO or the tank would die.

Quote Originally Posted by piratepete
    • Getting a tank with 30k health was a GEARED run.
    • DPS hitting 3k was leet
    • You had to spam trade to find enough geared toons to do a Timed CoS, instead of getting it by default every run.
    • The healer didn't "let" the agro pulling DPS die, they HAD TO or the tank would die.
    - I agree. The best possible gearing set ups in t7 involved 32-33k health.
    - False, hitting 3k dps was never "leet", it was doable in pre raid gear. In the week or so waiting for everyone to level up when we spammed heroics, the mixture of 200 blues and epics was more then enough to pull 3k consistently in heroics.
    - Or, you know, have a guild. I'm not saying the new LFG hasn't sped up the rate at which some can get heroics, but the quality of the players certainly isn't that great.
    - Depends on the healer. You couldn't run out of mana in 3.0-3.1.

What I'm saying is that poorly (blues/greens) geared players don't exist for long without a reason. They either get geared up in a day or two via badge farming or they don't because... bad players find ways to not get gear even when it's this readily available in the game.

I wouldn't say that vote kick is abused an awful lot. When it IS abused, people complain about it, and those are the only incidents we hear about - how often do you see threads titled "I've never seen vote kick abused"?

Theres two reasons to get kick voted:
    a) you suck
    b) the others suck and you're the minority

I wasn't kicked at all. Some people left my group and startet to develope a strong hate against me during instanced but i was never banned. Being tank or healer is great. ^_^
    Its sad that some dps have to be educated the hard way, but thats the way it is.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost
    I wouldn't say that vote kick is abused an awful lot. When it IS abused, people complain about it, and those are the only incidents we hear about - how often do you see threads titled "I've never seen vote kick abused"?
    With all due respect, I think you're deluding yourself. A vote kick lowers the threshold to behave poorly. We have seen this in BGs, we're seeing it in PvE now as well. Besides, when did it ever become so hard for people to actually talk about something that is amiss. As opposed to jumping the gun and vote kicking someone.

Honestly, vote kicking has its place in MMORPGs, but, it shouldn't be the first (and/or primary) course of action. Ever. And, yet, it seems to become such time and time again.

Honestly, vote kicking has its place in MMORPGs, but, it shouldn't be the first (and/or primary) course of action. Ever. And, yet, it seems to become such time and time again.
    This. People jump the gun way to often these days, especially with the tanks that think someone should be kicked, and so stands and waits until he can do so. Yes vote kick should be used if someone keeps doing something wrong, but it should not be used FIRST.

I haven't seen any vote-kick abuse so far.

But damn, some people in this thread seem to have a problem with the concept of quotes, signatures and irony....
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche