Addons and tips for priest leveling

hey there, im leveling a priest currently 22 shadow specced, planning on getting holy dualspec at 40, and looking for any usefull addons or tips for leveling her effectively and quickly but having fun at the same time
    ty for your help

Re: Addons and tips for priest leveling

forget shadow (ok it will speed up the questing process but it's better to just heal and get your practice in )
    in the discipline tree take 5/5 in the talent that makes your instants stronger, next tier take 2/2 imp inner fire 3/3 imp fortitude and then finally next tier max out meditation! after that you're all good to start on the holy tree. oh for questing. buy a wand. put it on your action bar. enjoy priesthood

edit. you'll want a lot of spirit too
    somebody call for d doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by bobo333
    forget shadow (ok it will speed up the questing process but it's better to just heal and get your practice in )
    in the discipline tree take 5/5 in the talent that makes your instants stronger, next tier take 2/2 imp inner fire 3/3 imp fortitude and then finally next tier max out meditation! after that you're all good to start on the holy tree. oh for questing. buy a wand. put it on your action bar. enjoy priesthood

Don't take imp inner fire, it gives just armor until lvl 72 (?), if I remember it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorious
    Don't take imp inner fire, it gives just armor until lvl 72 (?), if I remember it right.
    while that is true, while questing you will be taking hits, so there's nothing wrong with a few more charges plus you NEED to get to meditation.

so dicipline/holy best for lvling? ty for info

if you just want to level then go shadow. i levelled holy because i wanted to heal, so by the time i was starting to raid at 70 i knew what my buttons did. you can still heal the lower level stuff as shadow though. i'm just incredibly bias

Quote Originally Posted by bobo333

I really really really disagree with almost your entire post. it was probably a good way when you and I leveled a priest but nowadays there's no wand-increasing talent and improved inner fire is just pure loose. martyrdom would be so much betterthan improved inner fire because of the chance to make your heals be instant casts. however, going discipline won't be good for questing, pvp pherhaps but not for questing and leveling. shadow is great however. gear for spirit is the thing I agree on however. (spell power does almost nothing unless you stack more than a few hundreds of it, better to constantly be killing stuff than to use one less mind flay)

there's no need to practice healing in the lowlevel dungeons since it won't give you any real experience when compared to the endgame since there's no raidhealing, no real how-to-heal-while-moving-out-of-the-fire involved, the hits people take are not that huge, you don't have important spells at your disposal and you can always heal every classic levelinginstance in shadowspec (since you don't even have shadowform yet anyway, you don't suffer from not being able to heal while questing either. and vampiric embrace should be enough to heal now that it's a 30minute selfbuff instead of a debuff.

so short story, stay shadow, there's no need for any addons now that blizzard has given us a mini-carbonite and stay away from improved mind blast, you'll probably not be using it on every cooldown anyway. wand is more than ok but when you get VE you really should only MB-pull and flay or dot up several mobs and loot.
    so, spirit tap (not improved, they don't stack), darkness, shadow focus, mind flay, imp sw, one point whereever to get to the next tier, weaving, reach, VE, focused mind, one point imp VE, mind melt and imp DP, shadowform and then faceroll the other talents... or something like that.

I went shadow all the way. Unfortuately, before 30 it's a pain in the ass. After 30 it's kinda a pain in the ass. Then I got shadowform and everything died and I usually ended the fights with full heath and mana. It's probably even easier now that VE is a buff and not something you need to cast on every mob.

I did it with no add ons, but as far as tips go, learn to love your wand. I think I was wanding till outland. At your level I think my rotation on single mob pulls was Holy Fire->SW:P->MF->MB depending on hp of target->wand.

This seemed to be the most effecient, but slow and boring. You are really really squish for a while and more then one mob seemed to drain all my hp and mana really fast.
    Is this where the header goes?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tatienne
    martyrdom would be so much betterthan improved inner fire because of the chance to make your heals be instant casts.
    Martyrdom makes your heals instant? What?!
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted

buy heirloom staff put +30 SP enchant on it and specc shadow in 2 weeks u are 80 anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Martyrdom makes your heals instant? What?!
    no, you just don't loose casttime after being critically hit half the time. imo, imp inner fire is such a total waste that martyrdom would be better only because if you do get hit alot two of those hits will probably be crits, so then you won't lose cast time, and either the mob dies or you use it to heal. both talents require the enemy to hit you but only martyrdom can have a offensive use.

but anyway, don't go disc at all is my biggest advice.