High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Blood DK and Armor Pen Rating

So the tooltip from Blood Gorged says "In addition, your attacks ignore up to 10% of your opponent's armor at all times."

That is a passive 10% armor pen that takes away from us having to hit the hard cap, correct?

So if the hardcap is 1400 (100%), and I have Mjolnir Runestone which procs 665(47.51%), one would normally would want 735 (52.54%) from gear. But with that talent, I would only need 595 (42.53%) from gear correct? I'm currently sitting at 546 rating and am considering throwing in just a few armor pen gems to make sure i reach the hard cap if it's only 595 for me.

Oh, and inb4 blood vs unholy battle. I have chosen to stay blood and I am not changing my mind. I enjoy the play style. Please, PLEASE not one fucking word about aoe or single target or 2 min fight or anything blood vs unholy.

Also, I have heard a lot of people say that Blood Gorged shows up in the tool tip when you hover over hit rating. When I take off all my gear and go completely naked, my armor penetration rating is zero, so I am not sure why people always say that.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 Thermal Paste: Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra Mobo: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2133 SSD: Samsung 840 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OS: Windows 10 Pro PSU: Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D Monitor: Dell U3415W 34" 21:9 3440x1440 Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Headset: Logitech G35 Speakers: Logitech Z53 NAS: Synology DS214 Play (6TB RAID-0) Router: ASUS AC87R

Re: Blood DK and Armor Pen Rating

I'm pretty sure it works like it gives 10% of the arpen you have left, IE if you have 50% arp then blood gorged gives you 5%.

I could be wrong though, never cared much about blood.
    biym