Repost - New Advanced WoW Social Networking Website

Here to Pwn!
    "Are you here to play? or here to pwn?!"
    www.heretopwn.com
    A WoW Social Network

This is an unofficial announcement for the open beta release of a brand new WoW centered social network !

Before you think "this is a keylogger", let me try and do whatever I can to dissuade this notion!

1) Please make sure you DO NOT use your WoW password when you register here!
    2) Please buy an authenticator if you are bad at using computers and are worried about WoW account security
    3) Please use some form of Virus Scanning, Process Scanning, security software - AVG Free is a worthwhile download because it does half these things for free.

On to the website!

Features - both new and previously seen include:

* Character profile management
    * A set of features that allow community generated feedback on players, guilds, etc. based on a simple "Like/Dislike" interface, combined with qualitative comments
    * Extensive search algorithms (schedule matching between guilds/players), profession based searches, crafted items based searches (search for a crafter that has listed his rare patterns)
    * Character verification via the armory (so that you don't have to deal with some guy impersonating your toon on the internets)
    * Social networking features - walls, friends, etc.
    * Listing your character's previous names to help old friends track you down (might not be everyone's favorite feature)
    * Listing your character's profession specialization
    * Several features to help with scheduling PuG raids, that I have yet to reveal!
    * Video and Picture sharing for boss kill videos, arena videos, screenshots and more (coming soon)

If you're guildless and looking for a guild, you have to deal with:

* Figuring out whether your schedule matches their raid schedule, calculating time difference, your time zone, their time zone, etc. (The website takes care of this, you just need to search!)
    * Wondering whether they're recruiting your class or not, or the build you usually play (you can search under these too)
    * Server transferring to play with people you know nothing about (reading comments/ratings about them would be helpful)

Similarly if you're a guildmaster/officer struggling to find new recruits, you've had to deal with

* Not knowing whether someone has a shady past, filled with various exploits of ninjitsu (reading rated comments would give you an idea of which rumors are accurate and which ones aren't)
    * Not having much of a way to actively go out and find people apart from the Guild Recruitment Forums (then you need to go bump your recruitment post)
    * Having to figure out what kind of offspec gear someone has, possibly asking them to setup profiles via some clunky character profile editor (the system can sync with the armory so you don't have to worry about manually adding gear)

Hopefully my above average English skills have convinced you that this post has nothing to do with satellite spy cameras or inappropriate wii gadgets, which, like the hacker cat, will be in your akount sharding ur purplz shortly after visiting their nefarious links, so feel free to stop by at:

http://www.heretopwn.com

and develop something aimed towards the betterment of our beloved WoW community.

If you have any questions, comments, feedback, etc. Feel free to stop by our forums at

http://forums.heretopwn.com

Cheers!

Re: Repost - New Advanced WoW Social Networking Website

I don't knooooow... Someone else click the link before I do.
    Thanks, Boubie, for restoring my account!

15+ Year Old Account

Well considering he TELLS you not to use your WoW account info, to have an anti-virus program active, and to get an authenticator if you are unsure about your systems security, why would you be that suspicious?

A few others of these have been popping up lately. It's actually nice to see more people become active in the social aspect of WoW.

P.S. the site is perfectly safe. My anti-virus shows no malicious links or any other issues on the site after registering.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Because wow player's want a social networking site... awful idea is awful

cool idea, gonna see what it is
    CPU: I7 920 Ram: 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT
    GFX: GTX 295 MB: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    HD: 40 GB Intel SSD & 1 TB Caviar Black
    Others: Chip PS2 - PS3 Slim - Xbox 360 Slim - Wii - PSP 2000

shameless bump

Just a few additions:

• Even if networking is of no interest, you can list craftables, professions, specializations - few other websites let you do this and allow you to do realm-wise searches for it. Furthermore if a friend of a friend can craft something you need, the site will tell you, thereby potentially saving you crafting fees (depending on how your server handles this sort of thing)
    • You can set a schedule and search by it. If you live in a CST timezone and search according to your schedule, you can find guilds that match this schedule in any timezone. You can also do it vice-versa for recruitment purposes - search by class/build/faction.
    • You can comment on / rate other players. If you do your random daily and find people very good / very bad, you can search for them on the site and post a comment (even if they have not yet registered) the site will merge all comments upon registration.
    • If you are wary of people trying to impersonate your character, the site offers verification via the armory

Some screenshots of the site and its features:

Update

Added a new feature for 5v5 Planning.

5v5 Planning Tool

So, you and your 4+ friends are in a 5v5 team. You all possibly live across various timezones and lead very different lives with varying commitments and free time. You want to schedule a regular 5v5, or perhaps one that changes depending on your weekly agenda.

How do I use this tool?

It's simple, you sign up (think of a new password, I insist. The website has a "forgot my password" feature, so don't worry!) and enter in your WoW Schedule using the "Manage My WoW Schedule" link at the top. Here you can setup the times you are available to play (in your own timezone, the system will convert for you when it's time to calculate when everyone is available)

Next step, tell the website about your characters, particularly the one that's on your 5's team.

Once you have done this, get your teammates to follow these steps too!

Once you're all in the system with your schedules in place, simply select the "5v5 Planner" and it will generate a daily color coded schedule (based off your timezone, i.e. the person viewing the chart) of the exact overlap of the availability of you and your teammates, i.e. how many people can play at what time.

Example:

Comments, Suggestions, Complaints, Bug Reports, Criticisms

This tool has only received limited testing and may return inaccurate results or cause errors, I encourage anyone that experiences issues to contact me directly at either nordrassor@heretopwn.com or via our forums (link below). Furthermore, some aspects of the website are dependant upon a stable connection with the Armory in order to receive data. There have been cases where the armory has been unresponsive, in which case, I apologize for any instability or delays.

I developed this tool after repeatedly overhearing my friends in vent talking about how 5's are really difficult to schedule because it's difficult to get everyone online at the same time (maybe they aren't hardcore like some of you, I don't know). I also realize that there are alternatives to getting this job done, some of which may be easier or more appealing to many of you out there.Regardless, I hope this tool is helpful to someone.

Please feel free to post any form of feedback on our forums at http://forums.heretopwn.com

Cheers

Now with Armory feeds & More

Also EU support!