So, how am I doing? - Boomkin

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...g&n=Fl%C3%A8as

To be honest, I don't feel like digging through a lot of theory crafting posts :P Just looking for a few tips or anything I can get to boost the deeps. Managed just under 5k dps on Koralon/Emalon earlier today. Trinkets and cape definitely need to be improved, not sure where to head for those other than raids. >.<

As for a rotation, pretty sure I'm doing it wrong with the little I've read up. Keep dots up, FF first thing on the boss running in, then I've just been spamming Wrath for a Starfall Eclipse(lunar? not sure of the two names yet >.>), then going back to Wrath till another SF proc.

Aaaand then one last thing. How much Haste should I be looking at as I'm gearing up? I've seen some geared Druids as low as under 500, and others above 700. My crit is kinda fail atm because of how much Haste I have on my gear atm, just wondering if it's hurting my dps with Eclipse procs.

Re: So, how am I doing? - Boomkin

In general you're doing ok. Gems are fine, enchants are all there and correct ones (except for cape but I can understand not enchanting that). You're a little bit over the hit rating cap (it's 236 for alliance) but that'll basically solve itself once you replace your cape.

I'm not sure if you've missed the recent patch changes regarding your rotation, but you should keep casting starfire after the lunar eclipse fades so you can proc the solar one, and then start casting wrath (and continue until lunar procs).

As for your haste you should have ~400 so your wrath casts are 1s when fully raid buffed with Nature's Grace procced. While haste certainly isn't useless above 400, it's not as good as crit as the haste will (generally) only benefit one of your two main spells.

For trinkets to get, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48724 for a badge trinket isn't too bad an option (certainly better than what you've got), and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50259 drops in H PoS so shouldn't be that bad to farm for.

For capes, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47089 is a good BoE (although it would put you over hit cap again, but that could be adjusted for elsewhere), or http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47501 from H ToC, otherwise just go for http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41610 made by tailors.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sam
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...g&n=Fl%C3%A8as

To be honest, I don't feel like digging through a lot of theory crafting posts :P Just looking for a few tips or anything I can get to boost the deeps. Managed just under 5k dps on Koralon/Emalon earlier today. Trinkets and cape definitely need to be improved, not sure where to head for those other than raids. >.<

As for a rotation, pretty sure I'm doing it wrong with the little I've read up. Keep dots up, FF first thing on the boss running in, then I've just been spamming Wrath for a Starfall Eclipse(lunar? not sure of the two names yet >.>), then going back to Wrath till another SF proc.

Aaaand then one last thing. How much Haste should I be looking at as I'm gearing up? I've seen some geared Druids as low as under 500, and others above 700. My crit is kinda fail atm because of how much Haste I have on my gear atm, just wondering if it's hurting my dps with Eclipse procs.
    So you want to be better at your class without actually trying to learn your class?

Sorry if not a lot of people are jumping to help you.

Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre
    So you want to be better at your class without actually trying to learn your class?

For the most part I have things down just fine with my Druid. I know what's good gear wise, had a decent enough rotation(yes, it was wrong, thus this post), and I'm not the guy that's pulled through instances. If you took the time, which it doesn't seem you did, and read the first post in my original one, you'd see I don't want to comb through the massive threads the likes of EJ/Stickied forums here carry.

I'm not asking as a freshly dinged 80 HAY GUYZ HALP PLZ I DUN NO WAT DU, I'm asking what I could improve on. If you don't want to post, don't. Pretty simple to me.

And @Degrador, I generally go for the Hit cap without a Draen on my Hunter and now my Druid out of habit. With this guy being an alt I doubt I'll be doing any kind of serious raiding, and 10 mans aren't always a guaranteed. Chances are it wouldn't matter, but meh, better safe than sorry.

And yeah, ran PoS again today, no trinket. >.<

if you cant get the trinket from H PoS you can try to get the trinket from 5 man ToC http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47213 on reg
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre

I concur. If you (OP) can't be bothered to even look up your caps, which are easely accesable in the moonkin guide thread, then I can't really be bothered trying to teach you. What would be the point of me typing out what it sais in the moonkin thread, when you could just read it yourself?

Go research your class. You are the result of the work you do. Once you know the basics of your class, more questions will arise, and I will be more than happy to assist you with those

10+ Year Old Account

@ qieth. Agree with that.

I know there's a lot of information out there, lots of threads, lots of discussions. But you really should try figuring out what to look for. I for example just read what Qieth writes
    Raissmo - Feral Druid - Turalyon EU

Deleted

Oh you

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sam
    For the most part I have things down just fine with my Druid. I know what's good gear wise, had a decent enough rotation(yes, it was wrong, thus this post), and I'm not the guy that's pulled through instances. If you took the time, which it doesn't seem you did, and read the first post in my original one, you'd see I don't want to comb through the massive threads the likes of EJ/Stickied forums here carry.

I'm not asking as a freshly dinged 80 HAY GUYZ HALP PLZ I DUN NO WAT DU, I'm asking what I could improve on. If you don't want to post, don't. Pretty simple to me.

And @Degrador, I generally go for the Hit cap without a Draen on my Hunter and now my Druid out of habit. With this guy being an alt I doubt I'll be doing any kind of serious raiding, and 10 mans aren't always a guaranteed. Chances are it wouldn't matter, but meh, better safe than sorry.

And yeah, ran PoS again today, no trinket. >.<
    If you want to be a good moonkin. Learn your class. Understand the theorycrafting. People just randomly telling you numbers or a dps rotation won't help. Understand why the rotation is the way it is. It takes a lot of knowledge to be a good moonkin.

We often raid with restos who will go moonkin for fights as we're too healer heavy, and they have decent gear, and I (and probably any other authentic pre-dual spec moonkin) can probably give him a 30 second to minute start on any boss and still destroy him in meters. Learn the class. There's sticky notes for a reason, there's a blogroll with many informative blogs that link to guides, strategies, etc. The information is already out there for you. Use it.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre