Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Ret Pallys can tank?!!! :O

I've gotten through normal heroics with some pretty low end of the gear spectrum healers on me while tanking as ret. I generally wear mostly relentless pvp gear for the Stam + crit reduction. I fill in with some expertise pieces here and there and make sure I'm hit capped as well. I use royal Seal of King Llane and Juggernaught's Vitality for an extra chunk of stamina to provide some HP to soak damage and some extra cooldowns to use. I have around 33k HP buffed with just kings.

Threat is easy so you can focus on keeping Sacred Shield up, and using your art of war procs to make the healers life easier.

Made it through new heroics using this strategy with pug healers and its a challenge and pretty damn fun.

No healers needs to be holy/resto or tank needs to have a tanking specc pre-80.
    Obviously makes things simpler though.

There is no real levling tank spec. Most levling gear will not even have def on it tell later on. And you cannot really have a tank spec for leveling anyway, considering it is highly based on your level as to how many talents you will have, so a level 23 is not going to have a full ret tank spec or anything, meaning it is useless.

Have not been able to look at the spec (says cannot display for me :X ) but assuming it is all filled in all the talents that you could have at 80.. it would not really be like a leveling tank spec.

TL;DR, there is no leveling tank spec, it is not needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].