Thread: Cower

Cower

Is there a reason Blizzard hasn't made Cower free on a short cool down yet? Amirite?

Re: Cower

because then you would macro it to shred and forget about it

Maybe make a talent also have a chance to proc the ability to use Cower o.O

10+ Year Old Account

perhaps, but do u know how useless it is atm? it does almost nothing, no druid should have it on their action bar
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Why do you need to use it at all?
    i find myself looking for a caster to innervate instead... normally i can find something better to use the GCD for

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    because then you would macro it to shred and forget about it
    It would have to be off the GCD for that. I'd hit it all the time if it was free on the GCD though. 50% aoe reduction wouldn't hurt either, like rogues. But I'd use it if it was free and just lowered threat.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

It's a useful ability. It helps us identify bad druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    It would have to be off the GCD for that. I'd hit it all the time if it was free on the GCD though. 50% aoe reduction wouldn't hurt either, like rogues. But I'd use it if it was free and just lowered threat.
    well not if ur spamming it and it was free and short cooldown

10+ Year Old Account

Cower, the feral threat reduction skill, only lowers your threat by a flat 2432, which is a silly low number, less than the average white auto-attack. It doesn’t scale at all, which means as everyone’s gear gets better it just gets WORSE.
    Quoted from: http://www.wowwiki.com/Feral_DPS_guide

The actual biggest threat loss is from the loss of energy and a GCD. Its completely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundurr
    I was unaware medieval prostitutes wore iron bras and panties.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Where in the world are pancakes and bacon not wed in the holy house of breakfast!?
    I will sunder this place from existence.

Just reiterating, I'm posting possible fix ideas BECAUSE of how bad it is in it's current state. It enjoys its position in my spellbook.

one of my mangles and shreds puts out more threat then cower can negate. I just spin around in circles while spamming cybers for sanctuary instead of using cower, as a bonus if i spin fast enough i can get disconnected!1! I got told today to delete my wtf folder when asked a blue about tps issues and cower being useless...../facepalm.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

15+ Year Old Account

i have it macroéd under FB if i shift + FB i do cower instead

and its a verry useful abilty if the tank sux and there are no MD's your ticking rip & rake & melee attacks can verry wel give u argo even if u stop shredding that the good moment for cover

but yes only when the tak sux
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

15+ Year Old Account

one global CD not used for any special attack (if energy would be available) has a higher threat degeneration then using 20 energy for 1400something -threat.
    my fearie fire as a bear generates about to 6,5-13k threat (crit or not), so if any DPS kitty needs 20 energy for -1400something threat to NOT draw aggro, better leave the raid of if it's guild internal, kick the tank.

If you need to use cower, your pretty much dead anyway.
    and the only time i have ever used cower was in naxx when i cas causing a lot of aggro and i was gonna over aggro, i used cower, i realised that i did nothing and ever since then i have completely removed the button from any visible bar. the only reason it was visible in the first place was incase i had to use it, which was never as feral dps was almost non existant pre 3.0
    Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warriorbest thread ever
    [url=http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/*updated*icecrown-what-really-happened-spoilers-ahead-!/]http://www.mmo-c

i just used it last night on festergut with 9 stacks of the damage buff. It helped quite a bit, actually.

prior to that, I've had to use it on pretty much any fight where I stack berserk, hysteria, and heroism toward the beginning of a fight.

I never ever used cower in my life
    I honestly don't even have it bound to anything
    If I'm having threat problems I just tank get more threat before pew pew
    and as someone said before it reduces your threat for such ridiculous amount of threat it's just waste of energy
    cower needs change and it needs it fast or druids will forget we even have it... like that Soothe Animal
    did you use it even once in wotlk? do you even remember what it does : ) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fbl
    I never ever used cower in my life
    I honestly don't even have it bound to anything
    If I'm having threat problems I just tank get more threat before pew pew
    and as someone said before it reduces your threat for such ridiculous amount of threat it's just waste of energy
    cower needs change and it needs it fast or druids will forget we even have it... like that Soothe Animal
    did you use it even once in wotlk? do you even remember what it does : ) ?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!