Bear Gear Question

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...2&n=%C3%85bram Just started tanking this weekend and need some help.

So I have Emblems of Triumph to spend and can't decide what I should do first for bear. I have looked around and it seems T9 set bonus is lackluster. Should I get the 245 Helm and the 245 dodge trink or just go ahead and get 4pc T9? I don't get to raid very often if at all so heroics are about my only option for awhile. I know my staff is shit, I'm working on that. Any constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Krimson states...
    Clearly the correct play here is to drop acid everyday.
    Just because you can't easily overdose on acid doesn't mean that dropping 50 hits in a night won't turn you into a drooling retard.

Re: Bear Gear Question

I would go for the ilvl245 Helm and Shoulders, as well as trinket.

I regard the T9 bonuses as nice for tanking, but not necessarily worth it.
    You may considering keeping T9 in your pants slot, and possibly glove slot, at least for the time being.

Aiming for 2pc would be good, and filling gaps around those pieces with other ilvl245 and ilvl251+ pieces would be nice.
    This can sound daunting and time consuming if you cannot raid. This can be tackled by rep farming in ICC for the 251 ring, or doing your daily and weekly for frost.
    Slow pace but you get there.

As for the weapon, without raiding your a little stuck for suitable substitutes.
    You may want to consider the Champion Seal one from the ToC tent, but anything outside of a raid is kinda suboptimal.

Working around that, craftables such as your bracers are a great booster.

HoR neckpiece is a nice step in for a neck piece as well outside of raiding.

Besides that, the frost cloak is a good way to go as well.

Hopefully thats a bit of an all around help and point in the right directions.

Sounds generic, but it never hurts to peek at other druids you know to be good on your realm, or via armory/wow-heroes etc. for a bit of direction (I'm assuming you've done that already though).

Quote Originally Posted by Chexmix
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...2&n=%C3%85bram Just started tanking this weekend and need some help.

So I have Emblems of Triumph to spend and can't decide what I should do first for bear. I have looked around and it seems T9 set bonus is lackluster. Should I get the 245 Helm and the 245 dodge trink or just go ahead and get 4pc T9? I don't get to raid very often if at all so heroics are about my only option for awhile. I know my staff is shit, I'm working on that. Any constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Get T9 4pc barkskin is good enough until you get to ICC and get T10 4pc.

You can go to POS or HOR for a good replacement for that staff. Also you can also go to TOC 5. If Hilt drop then it will be the best weapon you ever need.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro

You can go to POS or HOR for a good replacement for that staff. Also you can also go to TOC 5. If Hilt drop then it will be the best weapon you ever need.
    Been running Forge nonstop, staff won't effin drop. And no luck on hilt yet.
    Krimson states...
    Just because you can't easily overdose on acid doesn't mean that dropping 50 hits in a night won't turn you into a drooling retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro

Why didn't I think of the staff or polearm /facepalm.

Also forgot Marrowstrike in my haste to punch the reply out at work ><

Above is correct assuming you want to move into raiding/will get to move into raiding to pick up your higher pieces.
    I'm still not personally convinced (with a good mit trinket) that 4pc is worth it over the 245's.. a trade off with what other pieces he picks up along the way I guess.

Got a staff upgrade finally. Any pointers on Tier gear?
    Krimson states...

Quote Originally Posted by Chexmix
    Got a staff upgrade finally. Any pointers on Tier gear?
    T9 is good for tanking but if you do not feel it then keep doing HoF until you get the gears you need.

T9 is good for fight that deal a lot of damages. The only thing i will miss is the barkskin cooldown reduction once i go into T10.