Page 1 of 2
LastLast

i doubt its old, but i managed to solo Chillmaw

ive been always thinking that dailies is something u are supposed to do solo. i didnt find any rogue vs chillmaw solo vids on youtube so i dare to post mine. hopefully fellow rogues will find it useful )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Z79FAap6Q

enjoy )

Re: i doubt its old, but i managed to solo Chillmaw

nicely done, i know we were one of the last class's that couldn't solo it last time i tried in 232 toc gera - now i have icc gonna go give it a go tonight

I tryed this with my comba specc and toc weps some month ago, isnt to hard with enough burst.

have failed when i have tryed it as muti tho, nicely done ;>

Well done.

Well, no disrespect to the OP or anything, but Chillmaw was soloable in Ulduar gear for a skilled combat rogue... Still gz

Quote Originally Posted by Oshtree
    Well, no disrespect to the OP or anything, but Chillmaw was soloable in Ulduar gear for a skilled combat rogue... Still gz
    Define skilled, and do tell what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    Bust trinkets and killing spree Chillmaw, burst him down the rest of the way. Vanish, sap one of the 3 dudes, bandage if needed, pop evasion AR/BF, If needed blind the sapped guy, bandage, cannibalize if undead, kill last guy.

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    Logged on to his pally alt

I have been soloing him for a long time as combat spec, but I also use the JC stam+ dodge trinket to help

start off with evasion, pop cloak if he is using his breath attack, use dodge trinket when evasion falls off, blade flurry+AR when the adds come out because they can sometimes hurt more than chillmaw if you dont burst them down fast

Chillmaw is also perfectly soloable with Muti, if you've got 232+ gear. Basic idea is to build up that excellent single-target damage, start Evasion when the first add drops, then kill Chillmaw before it runs out (which of course you will). CoS as Frost breath starts charging is also good, of course.

If you're lucky, you'll still have 10k+ HP left, and can just move straight on to all three adds, maybe only popping a potion in the process. If you've got less health left, Vanish at some good point, move away, eat a bit, then Sap one of the three and take them out in order.

I suppose I could get myself some specific trinkets to add dodge and shit, but I generally manage without. At worst, I'll pop the drums to get some nice general buffing. So when Muti can get Chillmaw down with fair ease, then I'd say it's really not difficult.

ETA: I think that one of the best things about rogue-soloing Chillmaw is that it doesn't go all that much slower than grouping it. You know, the way f.ex. a shammy soloing him can take forever. After all, the idea is that we simply need to out-DPS the flying bastard, so we're not slowing down the thing with repeated breaks for healing and HoTs and stuff.
    Sneaky bastard who constantly wears Chef's Hat, or as I like to call it: The Hat.

"The only one knowing to not stand in a whirlwind is the one wearing a cooking hat?" <-- Question from healer when the other two melee DPS died on last Gundrak boss.

it is definitely a challenge.

now what you want to do now that you wield the power of the Chillmaw, is to kite it to the nearby ebon blade camp, shadow vault. the gaurds attack instantly, and if you get it next to some vendors and such before vanishing, the bombs and such will probably kill them too. >
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

i solo it since ive tryed during the time of the toGc, pull with evasion 1cp snd, 1cp expose > KS+bladeflurry and AR after then go with a rotation, dead chillmaw

but grats, not much rogues try to do it alone lol.

You messed up quite a bit there. Still felt really doable so i guess it was doable on previous tiers too. Nevertheless, congratulations.

15+ Year Old Account

Bust trinkets and killing spree Chillmaw, burst him down the rest of the way. Vanish, sap one of the 3 dudes, bandage if needed, pop evasion AR/BF, If needed blind the sapped guy, bandage, cannibalize if undead, kill last guy.
    Vanish while soloing... :
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

those action bars made me feel sick :S

Deleted

Okay not to brag or anything I am soloing chillmaw for a while and usually ending up with ~10k hp and I don't vanish adds unless chillmaw crits me through evasion

/clap for thinking youre special

I soloed Chillmaw in blues... (an enhancement shaman at that time, but I've also soloed him as ele) It's no big task really...
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

I'm sorry i was soloing chillmaw since the dailies came out. Usually didnt take more than 15 seconds of Adrenaline rush while blade flurry is damaging the adds, clever use of cloak + i needed to use a runic healing pot back in ulduar gear.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Desirie
    I soloed Chillmaw in blues... (an enhancement shaman at that time, but I've also soloed him as ele) It's no big task really...
    it's a lot easier for enh shaman.

i actually managed to solo it as resto and as balance from day 1, gratz to you though?...