Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ...

Quote Originally Posted by Volfmetal View Post

Gemming

Your orange gem should be in your helm and not in your ring.
    Considering you went with intellect enchants instead of spellpower enchants on your weapon and wrists, you should only be using one NMT instead of two hybrid gems. These choices are contradicting each other. Here's why:

Using a green gem in a +5 socket bonus and a orange one in a +9 spellpower socket bonus would give the following:
    26 spell power
    20 intellect
    5 mp5
    And you would lose 20 int by not using +20 int gems in those slots

If you were to use a NMT in your head and a +20 int gem in your ring you would get the following
    10 int
    10 stam
    9 spell power
    And you would gain another 10 int by using a +20 int gem in your ring resulting in 30 total int.

So it comes down to

Orange + green gem in a +9 and a +5 socket bonus gains:
    17SP
    5mp5

vs

NMT in a +9 Spell power bonus gains:
    10 int
    10 stam

Enchants

Your chest should be 10mp5, it gives more regen in every situation
    Your shoulders should have mp5 instead of crit

Gearing

First thing I noticed was the low haste. This is because of the legs and boots you are using. I'm assuming you haven't had any luck with drops, but you should really consider getting the crafted cloth leggings and the crafted mail boots. Both of them are solid pieces, leggings are even best in slot.

Judging from your enchant choices on weapon and wrist Lockjaw would be a much better weapon for you.
    You would gain int through the extra gem slot and more mp5 though the slower attack speed and obviously the passive mp5 on it. You would lose a medium chunk of Spell power and a small amount of haste, but again judgning from your weapon and wrist enchants you think that small amounts of regen > medium amounts of SP.

Your trinkets. Solace is great, Talisman isn't that great though. Read my previous post why Tears is a much better trinket, expecially at your gear level when you don't plea as much as you do on lower gear levels.

Your chest shouldn't be tier, there are better choices from both 10 man icc and 25 man icc. Hell, even the frost emblem chest is better!

Talents

If you don't have any paladin with improved BoW that has 100% attendance in your raids, you should spec into Imp. BoW. The mp5 you get through that one talent point is better than what you get from using it in benediction. Yes, a resto shaman can also bring this, but they have to sacrifice healing from the Healing totem, cleansing totem or resist totem to do this, and when they pop mana tide you lose that mp5 for a small amount of time, then they have to place it again costing a GCD and mana for them.

My armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ider&cn=Elioda

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessa View Post
    Everything looks proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Elessa View Post
    First ask yourself this: how many times do you plea in an encounter? For me it's mostly 0 times, or sometimes 1 time, about 2-3 times on heroic LK. The regen from int gets reduced by ALOT when you don't plea, which you don't do alot at my gear level (and yours if you're doing it right).

Secondly ask yourself this: how much % are you ending the fight with? If you plead 2 times but ended the fight with 50% mana, you may aswell not have plead at all making the effect you gained on plea though that int trinket is wasted.
    The real question is, with a 30% healing buff in ICC - what limits your throughput? The only answer is mana. Heroic Halion - the only thing that would limit throughput is mana (or pleaing). Arguably, more int also makes it so that you have to plea fewer times. However, you have the ability to plea when needed and cancel it if you hit a critical healing moment.

A Solace is far superior to the trinkets you have listed (as is meteorite crystal) due to the innate non-plea/replenishment regen associated with them.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Murderkitten

Look up on wow heroes first spec for other gear if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by nikitabanana View Post
    The real question is, with a 30% healing buff in ICC - what limits your throughput? The only answer is mana. Heroic Halion - the only thing that would limit throughput is mana (or pleaing).
    If mana was the only thing limiting your throughput, crit/mp5 would be the best itemization. Not having haste or SP also limits your throughput. Mana is the most important thing though, but you can have enough mana/regen, but haste/sp/crit will still increase your throughput. (crit not so much with the 30% buff)

Arguably, more int also makes it so that you have to plea fewer times.
    And yes more int will also make you plea less, but a mp5 trinket or SP + mp5 trinket (like Lunar dust or Sif's) will make you plea even less if you didn't plea in the first place, or plead very little. The mp5 gained from those trinkets when you don't plea, or plea every second cd I also posted in my post.

However, you have the ability to plea when needed and cancel it if you hit a critical healing moment.
    There are very few moments in ICC that you can plea without losing any healing. There are times where there is little healing going on, then you can plea but that would only be once in most fights and if you only plea once in a 3-5 minute fight a mp5 trinket or sp+mp5 trinket would still give more mp5. The only exception is sindragosa, in the air phase you can plea and melee as much as you like, most of the time it's not needed though. I still like to enter phase 3 with 100% mana even if I end up finishing with 50% because I can do that without losing any healing.

A Solace is far superior to the trinkets you have listed (as is meteorite crystal) due to the innate non-plea/replenishment regen associated with them.
    I've never said that those two trinkets i posted the numbers on was better than solace or anything. If you had clicked the link I posted you would have realised that it was a reply to someone asking which one was better of the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm always up for some criticism from my fellow holy pallies

So tell me what ya'll think.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ynn&cn=Shockum

First off - don't bash me on the cloak. I'm wanting the Dreamwalker cloak from H.ICC 25 - but everyone wants that cloak it seems. The one I have has dropped like 10+ times and it was just given to me one night. I'm still going back and forth on if heartsick mender's cape from H. ICC 10 BPC is better. The stats seemed pretty close to one another - minus the spirit. Any opinion?

As far as upgrades - I'm looking to get one day....either ones from H. LD or H. Fester. I'd like the neck from BQL for the extra haste, and the shield from marrowgar. I'd die if I did Algalon and meteorite crystal dropped or did togc and h. solace dropped. Both would be ideal.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your gear is pretty good. I won't judge based on you wanting Meteorite crystal or h. solace. Sometimes you just get unlucky with some gear. That shield drops a lot for me though haha. I could tear little bits apart, but you gear correctly still (minus the cloak you stated). Your spec is correct for your role. Good luck on the trinkets/shield. Trauma is meh for Holy Pallies imo. Just get the 271 LK mace or Rig?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Willferel View Post
    Your gear is pretty good. I won't judge based on you wanting Meteorite crystal or h. solace. Sometimes you just get unlucky with some gear. That shield drops a lot for me though haha. I could tear little bits apart, but you gear correctly still (minus the cloak you stated). Your spec is correct for your role. Good luck on the trinkets/shield. Trauma is meh for Holy Pallies imo. Just get the 271 LK mace or Rig?
    Thanks for the link... 10/10.

My armoury page is at the bottom my sig. I know my enchants are not great on the shoulders but im trying to get hodir rep for it. And yes i have T10 chest, i bought this before i found out about what is good for us and what is not. Please be gentle.

Regards.
    Last edited by mmocbc36cf2888; 2010-09-11 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Link provided

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uridawnblade View Post
    Don't have a link so i can't judge. My armoury page is at the bottom my sig. I know my enchants are not great on the shoulders but im trying to get hodir rep for it. And yes i have T10 chest, i bought this before i found out about what is good for us and what is not. Please be gentle.

Regards.
    See thread 1551 and don't go for your 4 set. The bonus is garbage vs bis pieces heroic or non heroic. Obviously max JC, and your shield, well some people have shitty luck on shields. I like glyph of the wise as a minor glyph as well. Another than that, pretty good. GL on the shield.

7/10
    Last edited by Willferel; 2010-09-11 at 12:22 AM.

Noone above me to rate -.-' So ill just post my armory. Ive kinda stopped raiding till cata. My current GM abandoned us for SC II
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ck&n=Forcelink
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aveh%C3%A8arth

Any advice?

Apologies for not reading the first post.

I cant rate the guy above because he is in PVP gear.
    Last edited by riGGz0r; 2010-09-12 at 01:13 PM.

READ THE FIRST POST PEOPLE. Is it hard -.-'?
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by Forcelink View Post
    READ THE FIRST POST PEOPLE. Is it hard -.-'?
    Since Rig didn't follow the rules, I'll rate you.

Your bracer and weapon enchants our intellect. I can understand if your guild is solely during progression on Halion and LK, but other than that, Spellpower would be better.

Red socket on belt should be replace with a 12sp/10int for higher output.

3pts in Benediction could be better spend into Imp. RF for H Halion, or Imp. Conc Aura if you don't have another H Pally going into it already.

Put 10 stats in headpiece, and another +20int in bracers, I think will come out to be a higher output because of the awesome headpiece socket bonus.

For my armory, click my picture :P I know about the chest enchant, I need to make some more money xD

To lovinheals, lol we're on the same realm.
    You need to itemize more for haste than crit/mp5.
    Get rot res breastplate heroic, i know you guys have that boss on farm so it shouldn't be too hard.
    Get the cloth belt from heroic marrowgar.
    different boots.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...reymane&cn=Tbs
    Replace my libram with renewal
    trinkets are meteorite crystal and talisman of resurgence, soon to be solace.
    shit im in my pvp spec too
    Last edited by TbsHoly; 2010-09-11 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TbsHoly View Post
    To lovinheals, lol we're on the same realm.
    You need to itemize more for haste than crit/mp5.
    Get rot res breastplate heroic, i know you guys have that boss on farm so it shouldn't be too hard.
    Get the cloth belt from heroic marrowgar.
    different boots.
    Replace my libram with renewal
    trinkets are meteorite crystal and talisman of resurgence, soon to be solace.
    shit im in my pvp spec too
    i don't understand why people enchant bracers with int then weapon with sp. do the same enchant to both :>. get sp/mp5 helm/shoulder enchants. i prefer tuskarr's vitality boot enchant over everything, run speed is so nice to have in icc. other than that seems legit. 9/10.

wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bleeding+Hollow&cn=Anhero

wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bleeding+Hollow&cn=Anhero

Rate 9.5/10

Could specc into Improved hammer for lk/saurfang adds/improved devotion for 6% more healing done

Rate me

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ras&cn=Reamped

Ps i know my chest it Crap :P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    9/10
    Your spec is pretty much flawless, and nothing to correct about gems and enchants as well. The gear you have obtained still have room for improvements, especially trinkets, although at their respective lvl, they are very good.
    Jhoff - dragonmaw (eu)
    I have a few int/mp5 gems because my 10-man group didn't always have replenishment, and I know that my head and shoulder enchants would be better off being mp5 in terms of regen, but I find the crit usefull as well.

8.5/10

You'd be far better off replacing both your head and shoulder enchants because you'd probably never notice the difference in the loss of critical heals - especially if, as you say, your 10 man lacks a Replenishment on occasion. You'd be far better off in that case with Mp5. Also, your gem in your cloak is really not necessary because losing 10 Intellect for 5mp5 and 5 spell power really isn't justified. I'm not saying there isn't a place for a 10Int/5mp5 gem - but it's definitely not there - and definitely not necessary considering you had two others to meet the Meta Gem required colors.

In regards to your spec - Not sure why you'd have 2/3 in Improved Concentration Aura. Those points would be better suited in Blessed Hands or in Improved Hammer of Justice (If you're doing Heroic LK)

Other than that, I'd say everything looks more or less where it should be. Try and get your hands on some better trinkets; there are far better than Sliver of Pure Ice out there that are easily accessible. Meteorite Crystal from Algalon 10, Purified Lunar Dust from Badges, Heroic Solace of the Defeated from Trial of the Grand Crusader.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...kull&cn=Cheare

For reference's sake, yes, I am the designated Val'kyr stun on Heroic Lich King 25, hence the 2 points in Improved Hammer of Justice. If I had a choice, they'd be in Blessed Hands.
    Cheare - 80 Human Paladin
    <Deus Vox> Laughing Skull - US