What to do when healer gets Agro - Enh Shammy

I did a run of PoS HC yesterday. Saw that one of the Warrior trash had run up to the healer so I attacked, pulled agro, ran back to the tank (who had about 5 other mobs) and died. Healer was fine and they dropped the trash. Is there anything else I can do in these circumstances to pull but stay alive? I think I also took more damage because I had my back to the creep while I was running to the tank.

Re: What to do when healer gets Agro - Enh Shammy

Wihout popping either stoneclaw (not sure) or eart elemental, all I can come up with is Frost Shock and kite him to the tank.
    (recently dinged enh/ele shammy)
    In the Groves of Death

Any slowing effect work on trash so after getting aggro off healer just kite him to tank

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account

In the case of Enh, I guess I would have just frost shocked the mob to draw threat and walked backwards to the tank, keeping the mob in front of me, while stopping to heal myself until the tank either pulled the mob off of me or I brought him to the tank. The biggest thing to look at here is getting the mob off of the healer since either the tank had his cooldowns down or did not see the mob.

If you don't keep heals on your bars (or if you don't want to), I would grab the mod Clique. You can set it to basic mouseover heals so that you don't have to put the spells on your bar for situations like this.

Strafe, don't just run. Also, the tank really shouldn't lose aggro in the first place.

Wolves usually help ALOT in those circumstances too, earthbind or The earth elemental would also be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter
    What to do when healer gets Agro
    Pray...

I did frost shock to get the agro but then I made the mistake of turning around to run to the tank. I died as I as turning back around in the group of mobs next to the tank. It was right at the start of the fight so the healer got too close while the tank was running in.

Never thought of dropping earthbind and didn't want to drop earth elemental as it taunts the creeps.

Wolves would have been great. I seem to have it in my mind that they should only be used for bosses (although I am starting to use them more).

Deleted

It is possible to use equipment set addons to hot switch gear for such circumstances. eg: swap out OH for shield, although for that circumstance its probably overkill. I keep a shield around which I have the addon auto equip when I ghost wolf, as if I'm ghost wolfing I'm looking to run from something typically.

In this circumstance an earthbind was probably the solution.

Send in the wolves!! taunt mob with, use spirit walk to run to tank, then put wolves on passive to make them run to you, they'll bring the mob. If tank knew how 2 play he would taunt mob of healer or do enough agroo so healer wouldnt have issues.

FrostShock, kite mob to tank, and Wind Shear possibly?
    Quote from: Targo on December 29, 2009, 01:02:49 am
    No they aren't! The only way for goblins to kill a worgen is... to outnumber them

Or blow a dog whistle. Or run a vacuum cleaner for that matter.

Frost shock for aggro, Shamanistic rage for survival, attacking the mob for maelstrom procs, which you should then use LHW of HW to heal, then when your at the tank wind shear like no tomorrow(every CD or have tank taunt)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To prevent confusion over whether you’re playing a card game or returning to town, the Hearthstone will now be called a Homerock.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojupenguin
    FrostShock, kite mob to tank, and Wind Shear possibly?
    Wind Shear still reduces some threat..bad idea for this situation (except the mob casts a big spell at you). But don't forget shamanistic rage as noted above. Also pray for as much maelstorm procs (instant heals) as possible.
    Also don't forget to yell at the tank for heal aggro afterwards.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

shamanistic rage then blow your mealstrom procs on healing wave and you can live through heroic trash, enhance has more survivablity than people give it credit. with some skill you can even solo some of the trash in H PoS