Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enhancement vs Putricide

Anyone have some tips on this fight? Just with all the movement going on, replacing totems, changing targets all the time it just seem really really hard to do decent dps here.

After checking WMO Enh sham on the scoreboards dont seem that great either. Is this fight really that bad for us?
    Anyone have some tips or suggestions what else out of the normal we can do to perform a bit better?

Looking for constructive input. Dont have any (ie.trolls)? Go away, you're not wanted here.

Deleted

Re: Enhancement vs Putricide

Quote Originally Posted by Bujax
    Looking for constructive input. Dont have any (ie.trolls)? Go away, you're not wanted here.
    Agreed only Orcs, Tauren & Draenei replies please. Trolls not wanted here.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    Agreed only Orcs, Tauren & Draenei replies please. Trolls not wanted here.
    where dos dis end, mon?

Deleted

I asked a DK in the team to use Horn of Winter and pretty much relied on magma totem alone. I could have kept dropping my totems (as i did on some attempts) but just seemed like a waste of time.

I have now setup a poweraura display for my totems (been meaning to do this for ages), so it might be possible to position the totems towards the middle of the room and be in range of them most of the time.

even tho i dont play as enhacement anymore but having done putricide 10 man, the best solution i see is dropping a set of totems in the middle of the room (WF, SOE, Healing stream) and then just drop searing totems all over the fight, they wont do as much dps as magma and u wont be able to use fire nova to often ( if any) but there is way to much movement going around in this fight to keep on dropping magma totems everytime just for having putricide drop slime/ orange potions on the ground forcing the tank to reposition him.

try watching the health of 25 people as a healer, while also moving correctly for the add's, avoiding the slime, the jars, the aoe (shadowcrash thing) :<.

Basically, your main goal is to burn down the Oozes ASAP. "Burning" as an enhancement shaman is pretty relative, as you have skills with 6+ sec cooldowns. Best solution I found was to save SS, ES, LL, even MW5's when an Ooze is about to spawn (eg: just before it's targettable) and then let all your arsenal on it. This will SEVERELY hurt your dps on Putricide, as you do autoattack for atleast 4-5 sec, but remember, your mad autoattack dps on oozes wont help the raid.

This is what I do on my lock aswell, saving Chaos bolt and Conflag (9sec + CDs), possibly delaying the use of these skills on Putricide. Now there might be a better way and I'm doing it terribly wrong, if so enlighten me

ps: topic name guys? Enhancement vs Putricide, read please before going write only mode.

Kinda depends on the tactics you're guild is using to kite him. Though, this is how I roll:

Set Searing Totem as your default Fire call totem to make it abit easier. Boss starts, tank picks him up and you pop your totems and start DPSing him (pop your wolves and SR (if 2 set) etc.) whilst he is being kited to the proper position, nothing fancy, just plain single target DPS without a magma totem and searing totem instead.
    As soon as the tank is finished with kiting pop the magma totem (FE isn't worth using considering the small uptime because of the constant kiting, reffering to the fire nova there). Green slime spawns, optimally make a focus target macro for a slime/gas cloud because you will be watching if the slime has targeted someone (if not and you start to dps on him you will have the chance that he targets you and possibly messes up one of the 10 valuable tries).
    As supposed, melee will go on the slime. When a slime spawns you will have to swap target asap to maximize dps output, possibly pop out a magma totem together with a fire nova if every other priority on the list is on CD (please check the FAQ for more information on the priority), if not then keep a searing up or a magma on putricide himself.
    You will most likely get kocked back atleast once so optimally cast a flame shock dot when knocked away so that you will have atleast some damage running during downtime (tuskars vitality on boots WILL help if you are willing to sacrifice Icewalker), optimally save a Mw5 to cast while knocked back. Then run back, nuke it down and back on putri, same story with gas clouds though those can be kited so fire totem placement totally depends on your guild's kiting tactics.

The most important thing in this fight is to time your ability's properly, remember, dps isn't always the most important thing on a raid boss. The most important thing is to use your abilities so that it benefits the raid the most. So saving some ranged damage abilities for oozes (atleast when the timer is inc) would be better then for instance burn the last abilites on putri so that you end up with everything on CD on an ooze. And yeah, you will need to try out what works best when placing which fire totem where, because you will have to think fast.

I'd like to show it with a video or something but I haven't recorded our 25 tries. Can record tonight's 10 so that it'll give you an idea on how I roll.

i think most people have already said most of what i do during professor.

if your raid group kites around the circle (stopping when ooze come out), then i opt for searing totem on the "ring" of the circle on the opposite side of the spawning ooze. this way a second or two after it spawns it will be within range of melee. basically, i try to throw searing totem between the raid and the spawning ooze.

save all CDs/abilities for when the ooze is spawning. i personally pop eng gloves/SR right before the ooze spawns, save my SS, ES, and mw5 to help burn the ooze.

...i personally like being a berserking troll shammy ;P oi, mon.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Fizzcrank&n=Detramental

Video has been made. Went pretty smooth, 1 wipe due to the fact that the dps on putri went too fast, the phase transition started with quite a big pool up which lead to the raid being pushed into the middle. 2nd try was spot on. Will cut and edit the video tomorrow, expect it to be on youtube by afternoon.

From my understanding of the question, most of you guys didn't answer what he asked.

I personaly don't enjoy the fight from a performance standpoint, but I love it from an entertainment standpoint, this is quite alot like the beasts in TotC in the way that the fight in many ways push us away from the boss and force us to move (NB had worm knockback, icehowl knockback, melee getting fires and not able to bunch on the boss and my favorite, getting massive crashed to the wrong end of the room with only runspeed on boots to help ya along).
    As we're the only melee class without a proper movement speed increase available, we're ofcourse gonna be lagging behind quite severely here. I'm also on a constant totem duty, this meens everytime we move away from my totems they need to be placed again (I'm not saying this is a bad thing, just saying it hurts my personal DPS to have too repop my totems every 30 or so seconds).

As for little pointers I've noticed this first week:
    Put down your totems whenever you've got time to do so durring the endless kiteing, by this I meen that as you move along and your MAJOR DPS skills are on a cooldown together (SS, Shock, no MW stacks) and you've moved say 15-20 yards away from your totems, skip LL and plant the totems instead, so you won't be missing them when the major DPS skills are back up. Keep in mind, 20% melee haste to between 5 and 15 (for the very extreme compositions) is alot better than your puny 2k damage from LL.
    Pop your FE the second you enter phase 3 and the tanks have found a somewhat stable place to tank him. The room's gonna fill with goo and the further you get into the fight, the more you'll be moving around.
    Another general pointer that's somewhat universal and most people might not be thinking of is to kindly ask a warrior in your raid to battleshout when you pop your wolfs, another 550 (or more) attackpower is always welcome for them.

Just a little note on the totem placement issue (seeing as the rest of it appears to have been covered), since the positioning through the first 2 phase is pretty much planned out, make sure you position your totems accordingly. The easiest method is to drop them in the middle, but constant re-placement is easily doable considering the amount of time we spend running around. Just plan it out in your head. While it's not the best fight for us in terms of performance, it sure as hell is a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Holls
    What do you use to change the apperance of the priority frame if you dont mind me asking?
    "It's a hard climb up
    and an easy fall back down
    WF is sex leg" - Shockrates on Enhancement PvP
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kob
    What do you use to change the apperance of the priority frame if you dont mind me asking?
    You mean Power Auras?

Quote Originally Posted by Holls
    Very interesting and well-played video. I like how your MT moves.

Noticed that your team doesn't move to the green tank when Gas add pops out, which eventually leads to better concentration of DPS on Putricide. I should suggest that next time.

Does your 25-team also DPS Putricide on the Green tank side, or is this only viable for 10-team?

Thx for the clip.

There are two things the raid can do that can really increase melee dps overall. First is primarily with the main tank, kiting the boss to the oozes as you run to them allows melee to dps the boss while on the move while also doing splash damage for a bit. We have our tank go back and forth in the squarish pattern in the middle of the room always moving along with the melee as they go towards the add. The other is more reliant on your raid as a whole, and that's kiting the brown add so that it gets to the boss as it's dying. After a few attempts our raid got this down near perfectly and it really increased overall dps on the boss for the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    Very interesting and well-played video. I like how your MT moves.

Noticed that your team doesn't move to the green tank when Gas add pops out, which eventually leads to better concentration of DPS on Putricide. I should suggest that next time.

Does your 25-team also DPS Putricide on the Green tank side, or is this only viable for 10-team?

Thx for the clip.
    Correct, having the boss kited with a little distance from the orange tank is all you need, as soon as a green ooze spawns all players are forced to move to the wall in a way that the distance between an eventual stun is maximum. Though because gas clouds are kitable the distance doesn't have to be that large. It also makes the abomination's task easier due to the small distance between spawned pools, making more free time and making easier phase swaps. This is viable on 25 aswell, we have been trying him in this way but due to the overwhelming lag between 20:00 and 22:00 we have wasted alot of tries with insane lag, only reaching p3 a few times. Though the "normal" tactic is probably the best when going for the achievement considering you will need a maximum distance from an add to not get hit by him too fast.

Great video, thanks for sharing!

thanks for posting that video mate, keeping the dps close to putricide seems a much better idea

gonna make our guild watch the vid and try that way i think. ^^
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;