[Ele] Spec + Glyphs

Okay I have been looking at armories and noticed different glyph choices.

I see people using a combo of either ToW or Lava (sometimes both)
    I see some people using Fire Nova or the Fire Elemental Glyph

I run 2-Elemental specs...one with 3/5 in Convection w/ 2points in Improved Fire Nova. Essentially my 'AoE' spec.
    My other spec is 5/5 in Convection and 0pts in Improved Fire Nova.

I have 2 peice t10 (Chest & Shoulders), what glyphs would best be used with both of my specs mentioned above.

We do not have a demo lock so ToW must always be dropped.

Re: [Ele] Spec + Glyphs

Well glyph of fire elemental is kind of pointless if you have to drop tow all the time. And for me I glyph of fire nova will mess up my rotation way too much ... took me time to get used to 6 sec cd version ... It has most effective use only on anub 25 heroic anyway ... Fs, Lightning bolt, Lava or Fs, lighitng bolt, tow ... don't know .. choose one

ToW/LB/FS.

ya, the ppl using glyph of fire ele are most likely farmin heroics or similar. it lets u drop the ele on every fight, adding 1k of dps easy.

Top glyph: ToW
    Second: Lightning bolt
    Third :Lava or Flameshock, definately Lava if u have 4p bonus.(im gona check out EM glyph with my t10 2P bonus this afternoon, might be worth it if the cd is rediculously short, but prolly not )

Deleted

Amphrodos, that's not quite right.
    IIRC, with gear available to us right now, Glyph of Flame Shock is the strongest glyph.
    Followed closely by LB and than ToW/Lava, depending on some circumstances.

It depends a bit on fights, but seeing as Flame Shock will always have the highest uptime and doesn't lose a lot of its value from movement (like Glyph of LB... it loses A LOT of its value when you just can't cast LB very often) it is rather safe to say that it will nearly always be the best glyph...

I'm not 100% sure about it, but I very much believe I've read a post of Zamir about this question, where he also had some numbers, for BiS I believe... but don't remember those, just the order of glyphs. >_>

regardless of movement, my LB composition of my dps sits at about 72-75%. If LB grands a 4% bonus, then it accounts for about 3% of my total damage as a glyph on a good day.
    (i dont use chain, i know, im a terrible sham who shouldn't be posting here :, it gives me mana problems)(BTW, dont go off on this, the subject is glyphs, just clarifying for the dps composition ur seeing)

LvB accounts for 19% usually, with Flameshock dot tailing at around 4-6%. Add the flameshock glyph with a theoretical crit for it of 40% raid, and that makes it add around 1.6-2.4% total dps.

IDK how to completely calculate out the ToW glyph, it might not even be top, but i can remember it was a good dps increaser when i was lower geared.

But it doesn't matter anyway whats best, ur gona prolly take all 3 anyway.

However, im pretty sure when T104P bonus gets out, ppl will use lava over flameshock, due to the fact that the rotation will be 3 LvB per shock with letting shock drop off and final burst hitting with no dot up. Greatly increases dps coming from LvB, slightly drops dps from shock dot.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Amphrodos
    However, im pretty sure when T104P bonus gets out, ppl will use lava over flameshock, due to the fact that the rotation will be 3 LvB per shock with letting shock drop off and final burst hitting with no dot up. Greatly increases dps coming from LvB, slightly drops dps from shock dot.
    No.
    They might be taking LvB instead of ToW, but what you're saying is rather bullocks.
    The problem with 4pc was, that people missed one LvB by a tiny amount, influenced by Latency.
    What this means, is that you finished your LvB exactly at the moment where Flame Shock ran out.
    Now imagine you just cast Flame Shock AFTER the LvB. The uptime will be NEARLY 100%, so the "slightly drop" is actually a nearly not existing drop in DPS.

Next thing... it's really great that your LB does so much damage, but as you stated yourself, you're not using CL and thereby gimping your own DPS.
    You start with less possible DPS than you would normally have, just to have a tiny bonus to the Glyph, which still will result in lower DPS. (not to forget, LB-Glyph is still #1 or #2, never #3, so everyone will want to use it)

The problem with glyph of Lava and glyph of ToW is, that they, as I wrote before, lose A LOT of their value when you have to move. They are only reaching their perfect value in a patchwerk-like encounter, which is, except for some people on saurfang, not existing in ICC.
    So as soon as you have to move even a little bit, your glyph of Lava (when you have to move and therefore can't cast the LvB) and glyph of ToW (when you have to move) will take a hit. And if you have to move a lot or are stunned, disoriented (Festergut) or there's another reason why you can't cast anything (but still have FS on the enemy, like at Putricide or Northrend Beasts) then you'll really want Glyph of FS, because it DOES NOT lose any of it's value in those cases.